Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

List of Packers' Draft Interest/Visits (3/29 Updated)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7979
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to draft Matt Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










JK, that would be dumb.


It's Tyler Bray time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2161
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
I was at work today and saw a newspaper lying round that had an article about Johnathan Franklin and the Packers. Dont know how legit it was, but thought it was worth mentioning


Dear lord I hope that's not legit. Franklin is crap in pass-protection, he fumbles, and can't catch out of the backfield. How he's a top-100 player is beyond me....other than his 4.46 speed.

I think the best thing we could do at RB is see if Lacy's still around early in round two. If we can't get Eifert at 26 and there's not really anyone else worth it, see if we can snag San Fran's pick 34 and a 3rd or 4th round and grab Lacy if he's there, if not then Jesse Williams would be a decent pick at that spot.

I think a lot of us are getting thrown off by all this talk about Jackson and how TT wants a featured back. I just don't see the point of freaking out over it when we have bigger needs like FS, OLB, DL, and TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Gilly


Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
I was at work today and saw a newspaper lying round that had an article about Johnathan Franklin and the Packers. Dont know how legit it was, but thought it was worth mentioning


Dear lord I hope that's not legit. Franklin is crap in pass-protection, he fumbles, and can't catch out of the backfield. How he's a top-100 player is beyond me....other than his 4.46 speed.

I think the best thing we could do at RB is see if Lacy's still around early in round two. If we can't get Eifert at 26 and there's not really anyone else worth it, see if we can snag San Fran's pick 34 and a 3rd or 4th round and grab Lacy if he's there, if not then Jesse Williams would be a decent pick at that spot.

I think a lot of us are getting thrown off by all this talk about Jackson and how TT wants a featured back. I just don't see the point of freaking out over it when we have bigger needs like FS, OLB, DL, and TE.


I think you are dead wrong about Franklin.

We have a stable of young safetys. Our draft and groom mentality would tell me we are going to coach them up and give them a chance.

OLB? Nick Perry? Sure we need depth, but we are not going to draft someone who would put Perry on the bench.

5 Tech is a hole. We need one.

TE is only a high need if they have no intention of resigning Finley after this year, IMO. Otherwise, depth is needed, and we can get a more developmental player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packattack86


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2906
Location: Springfield, IL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be upset if GB takes a RB in the 1st. Like others have said I think there is similar talent and value available all the way to rds 3-4. GB has more pressing needs such as DL, S, and C. I like Ball or Bell in the 2nd, Franklin or Randle in the 3rd. I only like Lacy if GB trades out of the 1st.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7160
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Gilly wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
I was at work today and saw a newspaper lying round that had an article about Johnathan Franklin and the Packers. Dont know how legit it was, but thought it was worth mentioning


Dear lord I hope that's not legit. Franklin is crap in pass-protection, he fumbles, and can't catch out of the backfield. How he's a top-100 player is beyond me....other than his 4.46 speed.

I think the best thing we could do at RB is see if Lacy's still around early in round two. If we can't get Eifert at 26 and there's not really anyone else worth it, see if we can snag San Fran's pick 34 and a 3rd or 4th round and grab Lacy if he's there, if not then Jesse Williams would be a decent pick at that spot.


I think you are dead wrong about Franklin.



Agreed. I have Franklin as my favorite pick for the Packers at RB. Love his game and ability to hit the home run. He also has nice patience. His blocking does need work but that wasn't part of his game in college. He can definitely work on it.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teddy T


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 84
Location: Hartford, WI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miguel Maysonet flashes his speed at Stony Brook's pro day

Quote:
Sixteen players worked out, but the stage belonged to Maysonet. Only seven teams didn't attend his pro day: the Patriots, Rams, Bengals, Texans, Vikings, Cowboys and Redskins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teddy T


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 84
Location: Hartford, WI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida's Pro Day

Quote:
"That's how a Pro Day is supposed to look at Florida," Gators coach Will Muschamp said. "All 32 teams are here, and that's how it ought to be. If we continue to do a good job evaluating, recruiting and developing our players, which we will, our Pro Days will continue to look that way."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13187
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT @RavensInsider Texas A&M center Patrick Lewis has visited or worked out for Patriots, Packers, Chiefs

Played with two of Clay's cousins on the TAMU OL
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2161
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Big Gilly wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
I was at work today and saw a newspaper lying round that had an article about Johnathan Franklin and the Packers. Dont know how legit it was, but thought it was worth mentioning


Dear lord I hope that's not legit. Franklin is crap in pass-protection, he fumbles, and can't catch out of the backfield. How he's a top-100 player is beyond me....other than his 4.46 speed.

I think the best thing we could do at RB is see if Lacy's still around early in round two. If we can't get Eifert at 26 and there's not really anyone else worth it, see if we can snag San Fran's pick 34 and a 3rd or 4th round and grab Lacy if he's there, if not then Jesse Williams would be a decent pick at that spot.


I think you are dead wrong about Franklin.



Agreed. I have Franklin as my favorite pick for the Packers at RB. Love his game and ability to hit the home run. He also has nice patience. His blocking does need work but that wasn't part of his game in college. He can definitely work on it.


So you two like a guy who's a one-trick pony. Gotcha...

I wholeheartedly agree that 5-tech is a hole at the moment but it's not as glaring as Safety is. You'd be hard-pressed to find any football analyst that doesn't think our Safety corps is very thin and OLB is also a need.

Please be reminded that:

1. At Safety: We only have one true starter, one who COULD be a starter, one who shouldn't be a starter, and another that didn't see the field at all last year. There needs to be another drafted at least on Day 2 at the latest so the situation does not become any worse than it is...


2. OLB: We need to be stocking up on pass-rushers. Look at what Pittsburgh has done, they prepared for James Harrison not being there anymore and now they don't have as big of a need. With us, it's more or less an injury concern. After Perry went down, we moved one guy over to cover for the other guy who got hurt(on cue) almost immediately. Now both of them are gone.

We are left with 2 OLB's, both are starter quality with tweeners behind them; ergo, another needs to be "drafted and groomed."

3. At TE: The only reason Finley is on this team is because Crabtree left and Finley only has one more year left on an unnecessarily large contract(mainly the first excuse). It's safe to say Finley will not be around after next year unless he blows up this year. Even if he does, however, you have Andrew Quarless who couldn't come back last season from an injury sustained almost smack dab in the middle of the 2011 season. I don't think he's walking through that door and if he does, he probably won't make the team. Then you have another TE that's been a disappointment and another who can't make the field; ergo, we have 4 on paper, but really only 2 TE's. If I were a betting man, I'd bet good money on us drafting someone. I don't count Bostick because I've got a sneaky suspicion he might replace Kuhn instead of working as a TE.

I can see an argument regarding Franklin because he's a speed guy, but you really cannot argue with the fact that we have 2 true OLB's, one playable TE, and one starting Safety. Therefore, it would behoove us to take someone like Knile Davis in the late rounds rather than blowing a pick on a guy who is physically unable to be a featured back at the next level. This isn't Warrick Dunn we're talking about here. With Davis, the only real concern is that he didn't play last year; you know what you're getting from a healthy Knile Davis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7160
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Big Gilly wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
I was at work today and saw a newspaper lying round that had an article about Johnathan Franklin and the Packers. Dont know how legit it was, but thought it was worth mentioning


Dear lord I hope that's not legit. Franklin is crap in pass-protection, he fumbles, and can't catch out of the backfield. How he's a top-100 player is beyond me....other than his 4.46 speed.

I think the best thing we could do at RB is see if Lacy's still around early in round two. If we can't get Eifert at 26 and there's not really anyone else worth it, see if we can snag San Fran's pick 34 and a 3rd or 4th round and grab Lacy if he's there, if not then Jesse Williams would be a decent pick at that spot.


I think you are dead wrong about Franklin.



Agreed. I have Franklin as my favorite pick for the Packers at RB. Love his game and ability to hit the home run. He also has nice patience. His blocking does need work but that wasn't part of his game in college. He can definitely work on it.


So you two like a guy who's a one-trick pony. Gotcha...


When it's a really good trick like you know, being able to carry the ball effectively, yeah I do.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2161
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
When it's a really good trick like you know, being able to carry the ball effectively, yeah I do.


Kinda hard to do that when you have a fumbling problem...

but don't take it from me. I'm just going by the experts have to say:

Franklin boasts NFL-caliber speed and the ability to make defenders miss in tight quarters. He attacks the line of scrimmage and can squirt through in a blink, consistently giving the Bruins a big-play option from the running game.

He's affectionately been nicknamed "Jetski" by some on the team due to his ability to leave defenders in his wake. The catchy nickname is fun, but I have concerns about how well he'll transition to the NFL. Franklin lacks the bulk of an NFL lead back so he'd likely have to make a roster as a third-down specialist.

The problem is he hasn't demonstrated the reliable hands out of the backfield (25 career catches for just 194 yards and one score) nor is he a stout blocker in pass protection -- two traits normally associated with the speedy change-of-pace options NFL teams are increasingly employing in this era of specialization.

Perhaps most alarming is that Franklin has struggled with ball security. He fumbled three times in a five game stretch last year and it has been a sporadic problem going back earlier in his career.


--Rob Rang


Franklin should not even be on our radar because we already have a change-of-pace back, his name is DuJuan Harris...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7160
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
When it's a really good trick like you know, being able to carry the ball effectively, yeah I do.


Kinda hard to do that when you have a fumbling problem...

but don't take it from me. I'm just going by the experts have to say:

Franklin boasts NFL-caliber speed and the ability to make defenders miss in tight quarters. He attacks the line of scrimmage and can squirt through in a blink, consistently giving the Bruins a big-play option from the running game.

He's affectionately been nicknamed "Jetski" by some on the team due to his ability to leave defenders in his wake. The catchy nickname is fun, but I have concerns about how well he'll transition to the NFL. Franklin lacks the bulk of an NFL lead back so he'd likely have to make a roster as a third-down specialist.

The problem is he hasn't demonstrated the reliable hands out of the backfield (25 career catches for just 194 yards and one score) nor is he a stout blocker in pass protection -- two traits normally associated with the speedy change-of-pace options NFL teams are increasingly employing in this era of specialization.

Perhaps most alarming is that Franklin has struggled with ball security. He fumbled three times in a five game stretch last year and it has been a sporadic problem going back earlier in his career.


--Rob Rang


Franklin should not even be on our radar because we already have a change-of-pace back, his name is DuJuan Harris...


How old is that from Rang? Franklin had 33 catches in 2012 alone. Ball security is totally fixable as well.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Green


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 1544
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 52m

Sources: Illinois State DE-OLB Nate Palmer, Catawba CB Jumal Rolle visiting Packers: http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1281510&nid=6395366&fhn=1

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2161
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
How old is that from Rang? Franklin had 33 catches in 2012 alone. Ball security is totally fixable as well.


Not sure exactly though I pulled up a similar write up from NFL.com

Here's what they had to say:

Shows enough speed to get outside at times, though scouts won’t consider him in possession of an elite burst or a pure breakaway threat. Won’t overpower NFL defenders with the leaner build that lets them regularly trip him up on first contact. Ball security has been an issue for him (six fumbles in 2011), lacks great upper-body strength and the ball will come away from his side when trying to get the extra yard. Pass protection skills are not up to snuff; he’ll throw his body into an opponent at times, but his cut-block attempts often come up completely empty.

So I go back to my argument that we already have a C.O.P. back in Harris. I just don't think Franklin can give us something we don't already have. We're looking for a lead back, not another guy who can join the carousel and get hurt like Starks, Green, or Saine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13187
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT @JasonLaCanfora Maryland WR Kevin Dorsey...will visit the Packers this week
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group