Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Wrestling XV: Wrestlemania 29 Fallout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
First year they haven't had a a celebrity involved in a storyline/match. Rock? No Divas match either. The card sucks, but neither of those aspects would hurt or help it.
Ive seen this many times in the past few days, but in what way does this Card suck? Im honestly wondering why you all think that? Because you think its predictable? (I think many will be surprised by some outcomes) Because there are a bunch of "Rematches"? (Really there is only 2, 3 if you want to count Barret/Miz on the Pre Show)

Yes we got Rock/Cena last year, but did you all really expect them not to be at the top again this year? Its a match for the Title at least, so it makes sense. Yes Brock/Hunter is a rematch, but it isnt like we've seen it 10 times before. Would have been better in a Cell, but still should have some great spots. I know not many care about the IC match, but its on the Pre-Show now so what are you whining about?

So thats it for the actual rematches. I guess we have seen the Shield match before, but they are so fun to watch. not to mention there is almost certainly a Hell turn coming, just not positive who or how. So many have been raving about Fandago, we will get a first match against on of the greatest, so either we will see a star born or him crash and burn, wither way it will be fun to see. Ryback has yet to go up against a Moster, so its something brand new, and should be an entertaining matchup. I am pumped about The Tag Title Match, its a brad new feud and should be a great match. And if you arent stoked about the Punk/Taker match then you either dont have a pulse or a brain, who cares if we know Taker will win, its about the match. (didnt make Takers last 4 matches any less exciting)

This may not be an amazing card, but it surely doesnt suck.

My problem really stems from the storylines.

This whole I respect you, but your time is up rock/cena bs is droll. Vince won't turn his cash cow heel, and Rock is so over despite the majority of his promos was garbage. Cenas promo weeks ago put me to sleep. Literally.

Brock/Triple H would be better suited, as you said with a better stipulations. Maybe not Hell in a cell. I'd like an I Quit match. Seems way more fitting. Though, with Shawn involved, I think I know what they are doing.

Very interested in Jericho vs Fandago. Jericho always puts on a clinic at mania.

Team Hell No vs Ziggler/Big E has a lot of potential. I've been very critical of the tag division. 3/4 have great mic skills so it has been entertaining to watch. Watching Big E power out of a choke slam was laughable.

Taker/Punk would be so much better in like a Burred alive/casket match. Though the way wwe has gone about it has really put punk over.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the way that I would book Mania . . . and going forward

It almost certainly wont play out like this, but I think these would be great things to see happen and make the next few months very entertaining

Dewayne Johnson© vs John Cena
On the night of WrestleMania, it will have been over 550 days since John Cena has been the WWE Champion. For him to finally get it back at the Grandest Stage of them All is a huge moment for the WWE, especially when he is taking it from The Rock, avenging the loss that sent him & his career into a tailspin. Rock has been great for the Company carrying the belt on the Road to WrestleMania, but once Mania has passed, he is not going to be there, and the only person that can appropriately keep the momentum going is John Cena. People that are complaining about this match are just being ICW whiners. It was a good enough match last year, not great, but it was what it was supposed to be. They are now 2 power houses who still have some impressive athletic ability, but clearly they arent the same guys they were in their primes. Everything points this to a Cena win, and while a lot of the time Vince likes to swerve us here, I don’t think we get one this time. Its been far too long since we “celebrated” Cena, and this is the perfect moment to do it. Yes they could keep the belt on Rock till Extreme Rules, but Its better to get their 1-on-1 record back to even. It sets up an epic final showdown in the future. I wouldn’t waste that at Extreme Rules, or SummerSlam or even at WM30. They are now even once again and you can put it on the back burner for a few years. They would have to have a rematch at ER, but I think you interject Punk back into it, and give us the Triple Threat match we all wanted for Mania. That way Cena can get the Win, and not actually beat Rock doing it.

Undertaker vs CM Punk
The streak. Lets all be honest here, there is a very slim chance that Punk does end it. To be at this Mania, that means Taker has told Vince that he has 2 matches left, here at 29 and one last one at 30. They aren’t going to end the Streak before Cena at least gets a shot at it. But this can be used to cement Punk as “The Best in the World”. Losing to something “supernatural” like the streak isn’t anything to be ashamed of, as long as the match proves your worth. I expect it to be an epic match, have Taker come out firing, giving Punk everything hes got (flying clothesline, old school, Choke Slam, Last Ride, even the Tombstone) and Punk just keeps getting back up. We know punk is a great technical wrestler, but this can solidify him as one of the true Tough Guys in the business. Once Taker cant believe Punk is still up, we get the Punk come back. A few close calls for Taker, maybe he even Taps to the Anaconda Vice but the Ref is knocked down for it, which allows Punk to falsely claim he ended the streak and cary on this façade for as long as he needs to as the mega heel that he is (that’s how I would set it up). Eventually Punk would succumb to the Gates of Hell by Taker, who gets to walk out standing tall this time. Instead of being helped out of the ring like the past 2 years, Taker is able to finally avenge the fallen Paul Bearer, looking for one last ride at 30.

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar
Everyone is calling this one a Hunter win already, and on the surface once you introduce the “career” stipulation it does seem a bit too obvious. Which is exactly why I think this is where the swerve does come from Vince.But you say how can you have Hunter retire? Well heres what Im thinking; Trips isn’t going to be wrestling as much as Lesnar, so Brock needs that momentum going forward. He is likely to be at the Big 4 PPVs for the next 2 years and likely a few more when you add in the random other ones plus EC during the Road to Mania. But how do they go about this “career on the line” with HHH? Everyone is in shock as Brock F5s Trips in front of his friends & Family who are in his corner, Brock overcomes all those odds of the outside interference (showing he is the Beast of the WWE), and we all question the Future of HHH going into the next nights Raw. As Hunter comes out and is about to deliver his second goodbye speech in 6 months, Heyman interrupts him. He has come down to offer Hunter another deal, one that will allow him to keep his career alive. There is something that Paul wants and has wanted for a long time now. He wants power; he wants to be the Raw General Manager, nay the WWE GM, able to have free reign over all shows. Hunter initially wants to resist, but eventually gives in, anointing Haymen the WWE General Manager, and opening Pandora’s Box. This is the set up to your year long, companywide story arc. It will set up some great matches at Summer Slam & Survivor Series all the way through to Mania 30.

Alberto Del Rio© vs Jack Swagger
w/ Ricardo Rodriguez-----w/ Zeb Coulter
I am convinced that at one point they were wanting Swagger to go over here, but with the dumb DIU incident they cant really do that anymore. This does seem like a feud that they want to be running for quite some time, and hopefully get to the point where it doesn’t even have to be over the Title. Eventually I think it does need something extra in this feud, something like Zeb & Swagger get themselves another ally. (I think Alex Riley would be the best for this role, but Im not sure Mania is the right time for that, maybe the next night on Raw or at Extreme Rules). But for now it will be fun to see the outside shenanigans between Ricardo & Zeb, with the great match that should be going on in the ring between Del Rio & Swagger. Maybe it’s a cheeky win with Ricardo involved, or a roll-up after a great match and a bunch of false finishes assisted by outside distraction. But there needs to be something to keep the Feud going forward, and the questionable finish is the perfect way to do it.

Ryback vs Mark Henry
Im really enjoying how this match has been built (Mark Henry has been great for the past 3 years, hes come a long way from Sexual Chocolate). They just plain don’t like each other, and almost despise the reputation that the other has garnered for themselves. Its your old school powerhouse matchup. Its not going to be the most graceful or technical wrestling match, but it should be fun to watch. Once again, most expect Ryback to go over and have his “Mania Moment” in this match by Shell Shocking Henry. But heres my question; Is that really a “Mania Moment”? I would have to say not really, it’s a solid win, and a cool spot, but not some special moment. Once you did away with his “streak” you have to go about building him much differently. And as he has already been on a bit of a ‘Big Match’ losing streak with the Shield, I think going with the John Cena blueprint form this past year is a good spot to start. This is likely one of Mark Henry’s last go-rounds, much like they did with Big Show, it may be time to get him that final Mania win. Let him go out as the Monster Heel, maybe a WSS from the turnbuckle as the big spot of the match. But have this be Ryback’s low point (not very low honestly) and have him become refocused, and now earn his way back up through the ranks. How cool would it be to see him take the US Title at Extreme Rules, and Hold it the whole year? Starting a brand new streak for himself, beating everyone in the Under-card and slowly moving up throughout the year. Defending his US Title all the time, almost every other week and just about every PPV, something like 30+ successful title defenses in the year. This would lead to a culmination in which Goldberg’s first Championship win should have, on their biggest stage. Have Ryback take down someone like Ziggler for the BGB, and be holding up 2 Titles at Mania, that’s a Moment right there, not preforming a Finisher on a big guy.

Team Hell/No© vs Dolph Ziggler & Big E w/AJ Lee
This breakup is LONG past due, honestly this should have been their payoff match here at Mania. But sadly they hung on way too long, like with everything they do, because its just easier to just run out the same old shtick than keep coming up with new material (i.e. Rocky). But the problem always was who is going to take the titles off these guys? RhodesScholars was the correct answer a few months ago, but now they have lost pretty much all momentum. Ziggler & Big E are just getting it going so you can paint their entire picture from here forward. It would be really interesting to have Dolph hold the Tag Titles & the Briefcase at the same time. (and hopefully the Tag & Heavyweight Titles in unison). They could also drop those Tag titles to guys who could use them relatively quickly and not lose much momentum in doing so. But having Hell/No cost each other the titles is the way to go (Obviously AJ could be involved). Maybe Kane Tags himself in & Bryan is pissed, then proceeds to get into a Yes/No screaming match with AJ while Kane gets rolled up or hit with an unexpected finisher. The next night in their rematch on Raw it would have to go the other way, and Kane accidentally lays out Bryan getting him pinned. Then Hell/No can then have their program with each other, while the Ziggler/Big E dynamic starts to make more sense and are a team now instead of Superstar/Bodyguard pairing.

The Shield vs Randy Orton/Sheamus/Big Show
The Shield is being built better and more credibly than anyone in a long time for WWE. They need to keep this going, and while they wont have the numbers game on their side, maybe there is a way they can. (I really wish this was a Tornado Tag match) No matter what, at the end of this match, two things need to happen; First and foremost The Shield needs to go over at Mania, and look pretty strong doing so. Secondly we need to see some type of swerve. Whether its Big Show giving up on Orton & Sheamus; maybe starting to connect some dots between he, Heyman & the Shield. Or what I would prefer; Orton going rogue and truing on Sheamus. It would be great to see Orton hit an RKO out of nowhere on Sheamus, then Dropkick Show off the apron, and just walk out on them. (this allowing the Shield to get the numbers game going) Orton obviously turns heel, but not full on bad guy to force himself into the Shield. People would want to make that connection, but just being a Rogue heel, doing things for only his reason is the way to go. It could kick off a pretty lengthy and potentially great program between Orton & Sheamus.

Wade Barrett© vs The Miz
Im just not that interested in this match, it’s a fight over whos the better actor? Ones in a crappy straight-to-DVD movie, the other has a small part without any lines. It just so happens that the Intercontinental Belt is thrown in the middle of it all. A good solid match between both sides is needed to make us even care about the match, but now that its on the YouTube pre-show not many care anyway. And Im not sure this pairing could give that type of match to us, maybe they surprise us. Many think Miz it taking the Title to help his Face turn, but didn’t we do that already? And maybe on the actual card Miz getting a big win makes sense, but I would like to see Barrett still come out of Mania with the Belt. Give these guys a solid feud, you’ve promoted the Films so move on and let them have a wrestling feud. If you want Miz to get the belt, let him do it on an actual PPV like Extreme Rules, have Barrett get another dirty win over Miz to get this feud going.

Chris Jericho vs Fandango
Now that they are going with a 1-on-1 match between these two we are going to need an epic performance from Fandango, win or lose. Because if he doesn’t deliver that no one will care about him, because honestly most dont right now. Casuals don’t connect with him at all, hes a dancer, and while more of the hardcore fans are intrigued with him, but not nearly sold. I know Curtis is a good ring worker, but that doesn’t make up for a crappy gimmick. If you are Jericho level wrestler you can have a bad gimmick and make it work. He needs to do some things to catch our eye if we are going to believe he is worth our time since he has been wasting ours. And Im not talkin about just some spots, I mean the total package, selling, demeanor, etc. (Like what Ziggler gives us) I understand that Vince like the arrogance & anger that comes with the Fandago character, but again at its root he is a dancer, and most wont ever care about that. Jericho will gladly help put over new talent, but is having a character’s in-ring debut at Mania really a good decision? Im going to say no and he will just fall flat on his face.

Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs RhodeScholars & The Bellas
First of all, was anyone else kinda impressed with Cameron and Naomi on Raw? Ill be honest I didn’t think much of them, but after Raw I think they could be a decent asset to the Diva’s division. This isn’t much more than a filler match and a way to get the kiddies some Funk & some Divas on the card. Its almost a lock that the faces go over in this match, and there wont be much to actually take out of it. But I do hope they can push the Sandow, Rhodes & Bella’s story line. Im not sure RhodeScholars needs to stay together here, and honestly , I think its time to let Cody be a face. They hinted at the Cody/Kaitlyn thing for a few weeks, I think having the women of the WWE split them up is a pretty good way to go. Maybe we start it here.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Just got into NY. Newark airport was plastered with WM signs. I'm pumped, I don't care how crappy the card looks.

I will find you ...

We the North
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Wrestlemania this year but I'll still likely watch.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart had WM 1-15 on sale separately for 10 bucks each. I picked up WM 8.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm back

WM match card doesn't look bad, the build has been crap though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently at an indie show.

Hotel room got upgraded as well Very Happy

We the North
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien Sandow lulz

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I dont know if this has been posted yet:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Just got into NY. Newark airport was plastered with WM signs. I'm pumped, I don't care how crappy the card looks.

I will find you ...

youll find me too then

got me and ian's NJT ticketzzzz

Greenpoint->Penn Station-> WM
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Damien Sandow lulz

goddammit i love him
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BTW, I dont know if this has been posted yet:

This is great, he looked so irked to even be there, and Im glad he wore it
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:

I will find you ...

youll find me too then

got me and ian's NJT ticketzzzz

Greenpoint->Penn Station-> WM

Deal, we're gonna be up in NYC today just walking around. Cant wait for tomorrow.

We the North
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:

What indie show were you at? I was at PWS Thursday and ROH Friday.Can't believe Kevin Steen dropped the title to Jay Briscoe.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

What indie show were you at? I was at PWS Thursday and ROH Friday.Can't believe Kevin Steen dropped the title to Jay Briscoe.

I miss when ROH was good.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 19 of 100

Jump to: