Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II): Ravens War Room - Draft Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Didn't see anything on your thread yet in regards to this; Just a general inquiry on behalf of the Steelers, is there anyone specific on your trading block?

Not for YOU guys... Wink

Now that's just mean, lol. I'm just doing my due diligence, but I feel the same way as you about division trading. Just to fulfil my own personal satisifaction DO you have have anyone specific on the block?

There's no official trade block, but Ed Dickson is a guy who we've had some discussions about potentially moving for the right price.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see anybody for us to put on the trade block. Dickson is somewhat expendable but aside from him there isn't anybody we can trade without opening up a hole. Maybe McClain, depending on your views of Bynes and/or McClellan. To be honest there isn't anybody I really want to get rid of either (besides McClain). What does everybody else think?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I don't really see anybody for us to put on the trade block. Dickson is somewhat expendable but aside from him there isn't anybody we can trade without opening up a hole. Maybe McClain, depending on your views of Bynes and/or McClellan. To be honest there isn't anybody I really want to get rid of either (besides McClain). What does everybody else think?

I think McClain would be a decent guy to put on the block, but I doubt we'd get much back in return and he's a starting caliber ILB with experience in our defense. He's probably going to be worth more with us, than for someone else.

I think Pernell McPhee, Arthur Jones, and Terrence Cody could all be decent options to put on the trading block though. We have veteran starting options now and either player could be expendable now with the right rotation. So if we could get a decent return, I certainly wouldn't mind it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody is a good option to put on the block but I disagree with McPhee and Jones. Canty and Spears are not guys you want to be full-time starters and we need quality depth to be rotated in with them. I especially disagree with putting McPhee on the block, he's one of the only pass-rushing DL we have.
Integrity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Cody is a good option to put on the block but I disagree with McPhee and Jones. Canty and Spears are not guys you want to be full-time starters and we need quality depth to be rotated in with them. I especially disagree with putting McPhee on the block, he's one of the only pass-rushing DL we have.

I agree that McPhee should be the one guy we hang onto. I see no harm in putting Jones, McClain, and Cody on the trade block and at least see if there's any interest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd go with a trade block of:
Ed Dickson
Terrence Cody
Jameel McClain
Art Jones

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll put those four up on the block. I'll put up some positions of need too. Right now I think there are four main needs on the team including WR, LT, ILB, and S. I'll add more if anybody feels like another position needs to be addressed.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already received interest in our trade block players from a couple of teams. Carolina wants to know what the prices are for Dickson, Cody, and Jones. I think we've established that it will take at least a 4th round pick for Dickson. What about the other two? I was thinking a third for either of them but I don't how everybody else values those guys.

Nw England wants to know if we have interest in Cunningham and what we are looking to get for Jones. I'm saying no to Cunningham as I don't see any need for him but I'd like to get some feedback.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may be able to get Saffold from the Rams for our 2nd round pick. How much interest does everybody have in that? I'm intrigued.

EDIT - I updated the first post with our roster since they have now been locked. The depth chart is just a rough reference point at this part (especially along the OL, DL, and at LB).
dcarey20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Saffold is intriguing but I'd rather keep our 2nd rounder I think we can grab 2 impact defensive players (ILB and S perhaps) or take a LT if he's BPA in our eyes.

As for Cody/Jones/Dickson, I'd really only be open to trading Cody. Jones was just so instrumental last year and I think he's going to be supremely confident going into next year...resulting in some more great play from him. Dickson is kind of like Jimmy Smith in the fact that he's been up and down during his time with us, but they both came up big in the Super Bowl and that has me really optimistic about what they can do next year.

Cody would be the only one to move, but with the additions we made on DL he's a guy I think could find his niche and at least be nice depth for us. It would have to be a decent offer.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I've already received interest in our trade block players from a couple of teams. Carolina wants to know what the prices are for Dickson, Cody, and Jones. I think we've established that it will take at least a 4th round pick for Dickson. What about the other two? I was thinking a third for either of them but I don't how everybody else values those guys.

Nw England wants to know if we have interest in Cunningham and what we are looking to get for Jones. I'm saying no to Cunningham as I don't see any need for him but I'd like to get some feedback.

Dickson = Mid 4th or higher
Cody = 4th
Jones = 4th
McClain = Late 4th/Early 5th

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
I agree Saffold is intriguing but I'd rather keep our 2nd rounder I think we can grab 2 impact defensive players (ILB and S perhaps) or take a LT if he's BPA in our eyes.

As for Cody/Jones/Dickson, I'd really only be open to trading Cody. Jones was just so instrumental last year and I think he's going to be supremely confident going into next year...resulting in some more great play from him. Dickson is kind of like Jimmy Smith in the fact that he's been up and down during his time with us, but they both came up big in the Super Bowl and that has me really optimistic about what they can do next year.

Cody would be the only one to move, but with the additions we made on DL he's a guy I think could find his niche and at least be nice depth for us. It would have to be a decent offer.

Jones is playing on a tender, same with Dickson. Neither is likely to be back in 2014. They both look like 5th-7th round comp guys and with the depth we have at their positions we can move on. For increased depth, we have 12 picks... and would have an extra to bring on a DL talent that might not be as experienced, but could bring a different skillset to the team. I'm not suggesting get rid of ALL of our DL talent, but if either Jones or Cody can be traded the other player should still be kept as depth.

With Ngata at NT we can probably plug in Jones as depth behind him and our 5-techs. Or Cody can backup Ngata with McPhee and Tyson would be the key depth at the 5.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
We may be able to get Saffold from the Rams for our 2nd round pick. How much interest does everybody have in that? I'm intrigued.

EDIT - I updated the first post with our roster since they have now been locked. The depth chart is just a rough reference point at this part (especially along the OL, DL, and at LB).

I think while it's intriguing, he has enough injury concerns that I'd pass. I think he's worth more of a high 3rd, but because of our draft position we'd have to overpay slightly to get him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more teams have asked what the price for Dickson is. This could get interesting.

I agree about the injury concerns with Saffold. My main interest in him was due to the lack of quality LT prospects that will be available when the Ravens are picking. He's a good player too but he's missed quite a few games the last couple of seasons too.
Anubiz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I've been gone.

But I'm back.

Work's been pretty chaotic.

My thoughts on some recent things:

Albert/Saffold - If the price for either is a 2nd round pick, I'd actually be interested in that. I don't think their is an OT that we could get at 32 or in the 2nd round that can provide the stability to our OL with either of those in the fold.

Albert or Saffold - KO - Gradkowski - Yanda - Oher would bring about a lot of stability I think. We all know how important a clean pocket is for Joe but I also agree with the fact that with Caldwell calling the plays we will see more rollouts and a quicker passing game so the necessity isn't as dire.

But, all in all, if we were to hold a vote on it I think I'd vote yes on either of those OT's if they are still available.

Rolando McClain - Honestly even for a 6th I don't care for him. He's a 2-down player with off the field issues. I'll pass.

Dickson - To the highest bidder I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: