Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canyon1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at our roster and it looks solid at the starting caliber ranks but deph seems to be getting worse over the last two years ... is it just me or does anyone else see that as well???
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously?
Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Former Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi visited the Texans. He has also visited the Jaguars recently

We're kicking the tires on a player like MM vs. someone like DHB or Domenik Hixon?

Oh DHB's deal with the Colts - 2013: $1M base + $1.5M SB (per spotrac)

I can see why the Texans may have avoided signing DHB, but you can at least talk to the cat and see if you can sell him on taking a smaller deal and being a #2 WR so as to rehab his contract value next off-season.

Hixon's deal with Carolina is especially eye-popping (but there was a Giants' coaching connection there)
4/3/2013: Signed a one-year, $659,805 contract with Carolina (per rotoworld)

That is straight robbery for a solid #2 / #3 WR who has ST value as well.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Seriously?
Quote:
Former Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi visited the Texans. He has also visited the Jaguars recently

We're kicking the tires on a player like MM vs. someone like DHB or Domenik Hixon?

I can see why the Texans may have avoided signing DHB, but you can at least talk to the cat and see if you can sell him on taking a smaller deal and being a #2 WR so as to rehab his contract value next off-season.

Hixon's deal with Carolina is especially eye-popping (but there was a Giants' coaching connection there)

I love Massaquio, he's young and could be a solid #2/3 opposite Dre

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Seriously?
Quote:

Hixon is one of these guys who everyone seems to pretend is much better than he is or has ever been. He's a career #4/5.

Heyward-Bey doesn't fit anything the Texans look for in a WR.

I won't pretend Massoquoi is anything particularly special, but for a short-term, low-cost rental, I think he could occupy the same roster spot as (with more of a proven track record than) Lestar Jean.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mosquito but would've preferred DHB. I don't see how DHB doesn't fit. He could definetly step in and be our #2.
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
I like mosquito but would've preferred DHB. I don't see how DHB doesn't fit. He could definetly step in and be our #2.

He's slight, has poor hands, isn't particularly accomplished as a route-runner and doesn't block, which, like it or not, is requisite of all receivers we play on the outside.
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I have liked DHB more? Yes. But I would like this pickup. He has potential and has had injury problems. Also look at who has been throwing him the ball. He would be a fine low risk, low cost, high reward pickup with starter experience. Id love to get him for the minimum and have him battle for a spot against Star and Martin.
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

He's slight, has poor hands, isn't particularly accomplished as a route-runner and doesn't block, which, like it or not, is requisite of all receivers we play on the outside.

I'll give you the route running comment, but the Raiders fans all say DHB was a decent blocker or that was the BEST part of his game. But to be fair, I don't watch many Raiders games and I don't remember his blocking standing out against us. Although he did go for almost 100 yards and a TD to help the Raiders to an emotional victory in the game IIRC.
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

One of the things DHB does really well is block.

Kinda of surprsing like how Jacoby was a really good blocker. You just wouldn't think it with their skillsets
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
kenney wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

One of the things DHB does really well is block.

Kinda of surprsing like how Jacoby was a really good blocker. You just wouldn't think it with their skillsets

I guess I don't see it, then. I've watched more Raiders games than I'd have liked; he never stood out to be as being particularly good at or willing. But I'll rescind the comment because I certainly haven't seen him as much as Raiders fans have.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Seriously?
Quote:

I'd take Mo Mass over both of 'em. He and DHB would be a coin toss to be fair, but I like what Mo Mass did while he was "out of position" as the #1 WR for the Browns vs what DHB did when he was "out of position" as the de factor #1 WR for the Raiders.

I'd like a 1-2 year deal, heavy incentive based. I think he'd be the immediate starter at the #2 WR and would probably end up in a platoon with whatever rookie WR we end up with.

On that note - for some reason, I am growing on Robert Woods with the 27th pick. I almost feel as if last year's campaign with USC was an anomaly made possible by Marquis Lee, and Woods is still the same guy folks had as a top 3 selection this time last year. His value tanked due to circumstances beyond his control, and the guy has the makeup to be a fantastic WR in this league...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
canyon1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to battle red nation and it says that he has agreed with jacksonville.
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Go to battle red nation and it says that he has agreed with jacksonville.

Yup got a 1 year deal. The jags have a lot more money to spend to get the to the 90% floor so I bet they offered more and they gave him 2 years and I bet our offer was just 1.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was thinking and thought I would propose this question to you guys: would the team improve with Andy Dalton at quarterback? I like Dalton and while he ended last year on a down note, think he is a long-term starter in the NFL. He definitely has weak spots to his game, but I can't help but thinking he is probably better than Matt Schaub.

Dalton is accurate, is athletic, and has a track record of winning. Arm strength is the big question here.

Thoughts? Analysis?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
So, I was thinking and thought I would propose this question to you guys: would the team improve with Andy Dalton at quarterback? I like Dalton and while he ended last year on a down note, think he is a long-term starter in the NFL. He definitely has weak spots to his game, but I can't help but thinking he is probably better than Matt Schaub.

Dalton is accurate, is athletic, and has a track record of winning. Arm strength is the big question here.

Thoughts? Analysis?

I actually see Dalton as very similar to Schaub - plenty smart, but can make mistakes if everything doesn't go as planned upon the snap of the ball, accurate in the shorter stuff but worthless when it comes to throwing downfield, prone to shrink when the stage is big - Dalton is a bit swifter on his feet, but doesn't have as much of an internal clock vs Schaub. That internal clock is something that can be worked on as a career progresses, so we can expect Dalton to get better at that.

This all being said - if we're going a new direction with a QB, I want this to be a grand slam of a move. Not just trading up for the same thing, albiet younger. Matt has 16 games to prove himself as a franchise QB, much like last season where he had to prove he can withstand a beating for 16 games. 2013 will tell us if we need a new QB, and next year's class - Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Tajh Boyd among others - seems to be pretty loaded, moreso than this upcoming class. Might not be as deep as last years' class, but a strong class nonetheless.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 33 of 37

Jump to: