Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 (Part II) Official Saints War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 3041
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could talk about swapping 3rds as well? What about Moeaki? Brandon Albert? Dunta? Flowers?

And before we really get rolling, we've got to make sure our GM is on board with this whole idea. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19952
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, we've got a trade for vote

Chiefs get
Drew Brees

Saints get
#1 overall pick
3rd round pick
QB Alex Smith
OLB Tamba Hali
OT Brandon Albert

I vote yes. Losing Brees hurts and we likely won't be a contender without him, but we fill huge holes at OLB and LT and it allows us to go BPA with our top 2 picks now.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17310
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that trade and I actually think that Alex Smith could manage the game enough to get is in the playoffs and maybe the NFC championship game, but if he is ever needed to win the game we can't count on it, but good thing we have Graham, Colston, Sproles, and a stable of running backs to take pressure of him.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 3041
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Alright guys, we've got a trade for vote

Chiefs get
Drew Brees

Saints get
#1 overall pick
3rd round pick
QB Alex Smith
OLB Tamba Hali
OT Brandon Albert

I vote yes. Losing Brees hurts and we likely won't be a contender without him, but we fill huge holes at OLB and LT and it allows us to go BPA with our top 2 picks now.


Probably would be best to wait for the GM. Wink

If he's OK with it, I vote yes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 3041
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I like that trade and I actually think that Alex Smith could manage the game enough to get is in the playoffs and maybe the NFC championship game, but if he is ever needed to win the game we can't count on it, but good thing we have Graham, Colston, Sproles, and a stable of running backs to take pressure of him.


You're blessed to have a shorter memory than I do. Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17310
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Raves wrote:
I like that trade and I actually think that Alex Smith could manage the game enough to get is in the playoffs and maybe the NFC championship game, but if he is ever needed to win the game we can't count on it, but good thing we have Graham, Colston, Sproles, and a stable of running backs to take pressure of him.


You're blessed to have a shorter memory than I do. Sad


I said count on it, not that he can't. If you have less than 2 minutes left and you ranked the QBs of who you want to lead you down for a victory Smith is low on the list whereas Kaepernick would be higher and why Harbaugh went with him. But with an elite TE, better receiving options and a stronger offensive line I could see him having a similar production as Matt Schaub.

Can wr find a trade partner for the #1 pick? I would live to trade back even if the value wasn't perfect.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17310
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looks like Miami is looking to trade up to get Joeckel of Fisher. If we make the KC trade, what about looking to trade back with Miami, even if it's not for perfect value. Could likely get their 1st, 2nd, and Randy Starks/Paul Soliai. If we get Starks we could run a DL of Jordan/Hicks/Starks with LBers of Galette/Lofton/Wilson/Hali, still have the #12 pick, #15 pick, a second, 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, and 6th.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43845
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Aye! First stop. What can we get for Marques Colston, Jahri Evans and Jimmy Graham?


Send Jahri to the Rams for their 1st (pick 22) and 2nd (pick 46).
Send Graham to Arizona for their 1st and 3rd.
Send Colston to the Raiders for their 1st and 6th (pick 172).

If anyone inquires about Brees it should be their entire draft class, or their 1st, 4th, and 7th and their best defensive player.

From there, actually USE the picks or give them to other teams for proven defenders.


Raves wrote:
How about Colston and Brees to Houston for Schaub and JJ Watt, Watt = Brees and Colston = Schaub.

We keep Graham.

Send Jahri Evans to St. Louis for Roger Saffold and their 1st round pick.

Yup that's about it. I could live with those trades couldn't you?


Are these formal offers? DEAL!

Haha but seriously, not even close on either trade. We're not giving up a first for Evans. Much less a 1st and a 2nd or a 1st and Saffold.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19952
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
So looks like Miami is looking to trade up to get Joeckel of Fisher. If we make the KC trade, what about looking to trade back with Miami, even if it's not for perfect value. Could likely get their 1st, 2nd, and Randy Starks/Paul Soliai. If we get Starks we could run a DL of Jordan/Hicks/Starks with LBers of Galette/Lofton/Wilson/Hali, still have the #12 pick, #15 pick, a second, 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, and 6th.

It looks like KC is backing out of a Brees deal all together.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9283
Location: U.C.F.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Alright guys, we've got a trade for vote

Chiefs get
Drew Brees

Saints get
#1 overall pick
3rd round pick
QB Alex Smith
OLB Tamba Hali
OT Brandon Albert

I vote yes. Losing Brees hurts and we likely won't be a contender without him, but we fill huge holes at OLB and LT and it allows us to go BPA with our top 2 picks now.


Laughing
_________________

justo wrote:
THIS ONE IS FOR LULU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
triplejcubed3


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 95
Location: Green Bay
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you valuing Jenkins at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19952
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Finley still trolling round the FFMD
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19952
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

triplejcubed3 wrote:
What are you valuing Jenkins at

What team are you?
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2466
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry couldn't be online for about three days. I like the idea of trading some of our top guys and get a very good defense. Finally it's all about fun ! Cool
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2013:
LB Curtis Lofton - 125 TCKL, 2 SCK, 1 FF, 0 FR, 0 INT
TE Benjamin Watson - 19 REC, 226 YDs, 2 TDs
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 3041
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Sorry couldn't be online for about three days. I like the idea of trading some of our top guys and get a very good defense. Finally it's all about fun ! Cool

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group