Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 Schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4891
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: 2013-14 Schedule Reply with quote

The schedule announcement will supposedly be on April 16

I really hope we are the ones who get to open the season against Baltimore!
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles


Last edited by lumberjackchris on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5683
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013-14 Schedule Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The schedule announcement will supposedly be on April 16

I really hope we are the ones who get to open the season against Baltimore!


Well that's the only one I can give 0% chance of happening. Baltimore is a road game for the Texans and we already know that Baltimore can't play at home week 1 due to a conflict with the Orioles (who share a parking lot with the Ravens). My hope is that we don't have any scheduling bs like Indy twice in 3 weeks to close the season or a hateful San Fran/Baltimore coast to coast back to back roadie. I don't want to open against KC, San Diego, or Arizona in week one as I hate openers against new coaches (Rex Ryan memories) especially on the road with fans who's hopes haven't been dashed yet. Hopefully we can spread New England and Denver at home out a bit as those will likely be critical playoff seeding contests. All for having a late bye week vs. early and hope we get a soft one (Jacks, St.L) after the bye week as Kubiak still hasn't figured out how to avoid coming out flat after the bye.

Gotta figure the following as solid candidates for TV games:
SF
Seattle
NE
Denver
Indy
Baltimore - great candidate for early week Sunday night prime slot.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9764
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013-14 Schedule Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
The schedule announcement will supposedly be on April 16

I really hope we are the ones who get to open the season against Baltimore!


Well that's the only one I can give 0% chance of happening. Baltimore is a road game for the Texans and we already know that Baltimore can't play at home week 1 due to a conflict with the Orioles (who share a parking lot with the Ravens). My hope is that we don't have any scheduling bs like Indy twice in 3 weeks to close the season or a hateful San Fran/Baltimore coast to coast back to back roadie. I don't want to open against KC, San Diego, or Arizona in week one as I hate openers against new coaches (Rex Ryan memories) especially on the road with fans who's hopes haven't been dashed yet. Hopefully we can spread New England and Denver at home out a bit as those will likely be critical playoff seeding contests. All for having a late bye week vs. early and hope we get a soft one (Jacks, St.L) after the bye week as Kubiak still hasn't figured out how to avoid coming out flat after the bye.

Gotta figure the following as solid candidates for TV games:
SF
Seattle
NE
Denver
Indy
Baltimore - great candidate for early week Sunday night prime slot.


well i can bet they won't put us against the Pats on monday night football
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
58 catches 667 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4891
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL just released the preseason schedule.

Week 1 @ Minnesota
Week 2 v Miami
Week 3 v New Orleans on fox
Week 4 @ Dallas
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14252
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The NFL just released the preseason schedule.

Week 1 @ Minnesota
Week 2 v Miami
Week 3 v New Orleans on fox
Week 4 @ Dallas


Not bad, We will see what our secondary looks like vs that Saints aerial attack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4642
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The NFL just released the preseason schedule.

Week 1 @ Minnesota


If I stay here after school, I will for sure be there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunnyracin


Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 972
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule comes out today!!!!!! Hopefully the networks took notice of how much we hid under our blankets on prime time last season and they don't give us any.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14252
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that on espn tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4891
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
is that on espn tonight


nfl network, I believe
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 19742
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wk 1 - at San Diego (9:20 CST, ESPN Monday Night)
Wk 2 - vs Tennessee (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 3 - at Baltimore (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 4 - vs Seattle (12:00 CST, Fox)
Wk 5 - at San Francisco (7:30 CST, NBC Sunday Night)
Wk 6 - vs St. Louis (12:00 CST, Fox)
Wk 7 - at Kansas City (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 8 - BYE
Wk 9 - vs Indianapolis (7:30 CST, NBC Sunday Night)
Wk 10 - at Arizona (3:25 CST, CBS)
Wk 11 - vs Oakland (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 12 - vs Jacksonville (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 13 - vs New England (3:25 CST, CBS)
Wk 14 - at Jacksonville (7:25 CST, NFLN Thursday Night)
Wk 15 - at Indianapolis (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 16 - vs Denver (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 17 - at Tennessee (12:00 CST, CBS)

At first look, the Weeks 3-5 could be brutal but then it gets a little easier from there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4891
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNF week 1!!!

I like the alternating home.and away to start the season but the 3 @ home followed by 3 on the road sucks
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30838
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Wk 1 - at San Diego (9:20 CST, ESPN Monday Night)
Wk 2 - vs Tennessee (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 3 - at Baltimore (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 4 - vs Seattle (12:00 CST, Fox)
Wk 5 - at San Francisco (7:30 CST, NBC Sunday Night)
Wk 6 - vs St. Louis (12:00 CST, Fox)
Wk 7 - at Kansas City (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 8 - BYE
Wk 9 - vs Indianapolis (7:30 CST, NBC Sunday Night)
Wk 10 - at Arizona (3:25 CST, CBS)
Wk 11 - vs Oakland (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 12 - vs Jacksonville (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 13 - vs New England (3:25 CST, CBS)
Wk 14 - at Jacksonville (7:25 CST, NFLN Thursday Night)
Wk 15 - at Indianapolis (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 16 - vs Denver (12:00 CST, CBS)
Wk 17 - at Tennessee (12:00 CST, CBS)

At first look, the first 5 weeks could be brutal but then it should be more reasonable from there on forward.


Couple of notes:

*Opening the 2nd game of the ESPN double header is interesting. I thought an AFC West team is going to play another AFC West team that game.

*4 national tv games including TNF? I thought for sure the games vs the Patriots and the games vs the Broncos would be on national tv.

*we play the Jags 12 games into each other

*the game vs the Broncos could either be for home field in the playoffs or for nothing. Interesting
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 19742
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
MNF week 1!!!

I like the alternating home.and away to start the season but the 3 @ home followed by 3 on the road sucks

We don't have three on the road. Just 3 out of the final 4 on the road. But no cold weather games and the schedule sets up nicely for us to go on a little run in the middle of the season (Rams, Chiefs, Colts, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags). Those should all be wins, especially since Indianapolis is at home.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14252
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the best schedule we could have gotten. The 3 week span in the start of the season is tough, but away, home, away makes it much easier IMO, no crazy long travels. No crazy brutal road stretch. I am happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30838
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured Dallas would get more national tv games than us. Rolling Eyes

I forgot one more thing. How in world the Ravens game isnt on national tv? Thats one of the games I thought would sure would be on at least ESPN or NBC. Ed Reed returning to Baltimore is made for national tv. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group