Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you draft #10? (Don't vote Warmack)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you draft #10
QB EJ Manuel, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
QB Matt Barkley, Southern California
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
WR Keenan Allen, California
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
G Chance Warmack, Alabama
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
G Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
DT Sheldon Richardson, Missourri
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
DE Datone Jones, UCLA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB Barkevious Mingo, Lousiana State
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
S Kenny Vacarro, Texas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other player, post your choice below
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 37

Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of argument, I completely disregarded the OGs, both Warmack AND Cooper. I'd go defense at this point. With Star not being an option, I voted for Sharif Floyd. If he's considered to be Warren Sapp 2.0, then he's the kind of guy we need in the middle with Casey. That would help our pass rush and secondary a lot more.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
For the sake of argument, I completely disregarded the OGs, both Warmack AND Cooper. I'd go defense at this point. With Star not being an option, I voted for Sharif Floyd. If he's considered to be Warren Sapp 2.0, then he's the kind of guy we need in the middle with Casey. That would help our pass rush and secondary a lot more.

He's really not though. Sapp was a beast of a pass-rusher coming out of The U. Floyd isn't even close or resembles anything close to Sapp. Richardson is the best interior pass-rusher in this draft with Sylvester Williams 2nd.
Deconbrodi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised with all the Tavon Austin votes.
I say its a 50/50 chance our FO goes with an OG or a Pass Rusher.
I think there is no way they grab another 1st round WR, 3rd in 4 years.
WR is deep this year...if our FO wants a slot WR later, we should highly consider Austin's teammate... Stedman Baily. He'd be the perfect slot guy for Locker and be had with our 3rd round comp or 4th round pick.

Quote:
Here’s the bio on Bailey: per ProFootball Weekly
Had a stellar 2012, leading the nation in TD catches, being a finalist for the Biletnikoff award & breaking the school record for receiving yards after recording 114 recs, 1,622 yds, & 25 TDs in 13 starts.
Positives: Long arms. Outstanding production. Was unstoppable at times (see Baylor, Oklahoma games). Very good route runner – executes with tempo & balance, sells patterns & understands how to separate. Unique tracking ability. Shows boundary awareness. Advanced body control. Dependable hands. Hauls in contested grabs. Adjusts to throws. (Those last 4 descriptions are what Locker needs in a WR) Has competitive speed. Surprising run-after-catch ability – has subtle elusiveness to shake the initial tackler and create more yards. Flashes a stiff-arm. Competes and answers the bell in big games (see LSU 2011 vs. Morris Claiborne) Had zero fumbles in his career, out of 226 touches.
Negatives: Lacks ideal height. Needs to be prodded in weight room. Ordinary timed speed – cannot run by CBs vertically. Average leaping ability. Was not asked to execute a very diverse route tree.

Summary:
Experienced, Savvy, productive Touchdown machine whose possession receiver speed & explosion belie playmaking ability. QB friendly target who is a better player than tester, can work as a flanker or slot receiver and would be an ideal #3. The more you see him, the more you like him.
NFL Projection – 2-4 Round.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to get Jonathon Cooper & Justin Hunter...even if we had to trade back up into the 1st round to do it. Really, any interior stud is fine with me & the two receivers from Tennessee I love, same with Tavon Austin etc. To me offense is the key this year and its so obvious. Im looking at OG/C & WR as the two big spots. We need to score more points. We need to surround Locker with talent. I love these two Tennessee receivers. I leaned toward Hunter because I think theres value there later in the 1st where we are picking we could trade back up and snatch him but Patterson is nice too.

My approach is this...we definitely upgraded by bringing in Levitre don't get me wrong. But that interior line is so important...especially for us and CJ and everything we do. Not just us but look at San Fran. and Balti. Its a necessity. Why not pick up a good interior lineman in this draft thats loaded with the talent. No running backs or qbs in this draft no distractions. Go with whats there. Interior o-line.

Defensively I am content with most of our spots. We are so young its unreal. Esp. along the front the line and our 3 starting linebackers. I mean you sign Pollard, addresses safety which has been an issue. It looks like we got a pretty good solid secondary right now I don't see a necessity to draft a CB or S immediately. If we could get a stud on the DL Im all for that too. But my heart says offense right now. Consider the fact that D.Morgan was one of our best defenders along with Z.Brown and Ayers. You got the linebackers set. You got the secondary mostly set. D-Line is where im looking to add to on defense.

by the way need someone to set me straight on this gem I found, saw on bleacher report....Mike Martin ranked as the 10th best DT in the league. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444340-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-50-defensive-tackles/page/42
I like him too but I was shocked when I read that. Ive been gone a long time but looking at a few depth charts on here we got Sammie Lee starting over Mike Martin?! Whats with that? My only guess is they are looking at next year and making a prediction he will be top ten...but most of the rankings are based on the 2012 season. I wasn't aware Mike Martins 2012 season ranks him that high amongst his colleagues. Its funny because Im reading a few people here saying we need a DT like Sapp and I hear other people say stuff like J.Casey is one of the most underrated DT"s in the league (I think he is) and the same people say Mike Martin is the tenth best DT. Makes me wonder. I believe the same guy who ranked Martin 10, tanked Casey 6.

Phillies 2008 + 2009 National League Champs
Congrats CJ2K!
RIP Steve McNair
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capton cutclass wrote:
Id love to get Jonathon Cooper & Justin Hunter...even if we had to trade back up into the 1st round to do it. Really, any interior stud is fine with me & the two receivers from Tennessee I love, same with Tavon Austin etc. To me offense is the key this year and its so obvious. Im looking at OG/C & WR as the two big spots. We need to score more points. We need to surround Locker with talent. I love these two Tennessee receivers. I leaned toward Hunter because I think theres value there later in the 1st where we are picking we could trade back up and snatch him but Patterson is nice too.

My approach is this...we definitely upgraded by bringing in Levitre don't get me wrong. But that interior line is so important...especially for us and CJ and everything we do. Not just us but look at San Fran. and Balti. Its a necessity. Why not pick up a good interior lineman in this draft thats loaded with the talent. No running backs or qbs in this draft no distractions. Go with whats there. Interior o-line.

Defensively I am content with most of our spots. We are so young its unreal. Esp. along the front the line and our 3 starting linebackers. I mean you sign Pollard, addresses safety which has been an issue. It looks like we got a pretty good solid secondary right now I don't see a necessity to draft a CB or S immediately. If we could get a stud on the DL Im all for that too. But my heart says offense right now. Consider the fact that D.Morgan was one of our best defenders along with Z.Brown and Ayers. You got the linebackers set. You got the secondary mostly set. D-Line is where im looking to add to on defense.

by the way need someone to set me straight on this gem I found, saw on bleacher report....Mike Martin ranked as the 10th best DT in the league. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444340-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-50-defensive-tackles/page/42
I like him too but I was shocked when I read that. Ive been gone a long time but looking at a few depth charts on here we got Sammie Lee starting over Mike Martin?! Whats with that? My only guess is they are looking at next year and making a prediction he will be top ten...but most of the rankings are based on the 2012 season. I wasn't aware Mike Martins 2012 season ranks him that high amongst his colleagues. Its funny because Im reading a few people here saying we need a DT like Sapp and I hear other people say stuff like J.Casey is one of the most underrated DT"s in the league (I think he is) and the same people say Mike Martin is the tenth best DT. Makes me wonder. I believe the same guy who ranked Martin 10, tanked Casey 6.

Ahh yes. Words of such beauty are so inspiring.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capton cutclass wrote:

You can get great/good ones outside the 1st round. Yes 49ers spent a lot of draft picks on the line, but there are ways to build a line. Ravens didnt spend #10 picks on OGs.

I hope the front office is smart with the picks and know good OGs are throughout this draft.

Ravens
Gino Gradkowski
4th round 3rd pick by the Baltimore Ravens

Marshal Yanda
3rd round 22nd pick by the Baltimore Ravens

Jah Reid
3rd round 21st pick by the Baltimore Ravens

Kelechi Osemele
2nd round 28th pick by the Baltimore Ravens

Michael Oher
1st round 23rd pick by the Baltimore Ravens

49ers

Joe Staley
- 1st round 28th pick by the San Francisco 49ers

Mike Iupati
1st round 17th pick by the San Francisco 49ers

Jonathan Goodwin
5th round 19th pick by the New York Jets

Alex Boone
Undrafted

Anthony Davis
1st round 11th pick by the San Francisco 49ers

Seahawks
Russell Okung
1st round 6th pick by the Seattle Seahawks

James Carpenter
1st round 25th pick by the Seattle Seahawks

Max Unger
2nd round 17th pick by the Seattle Seahawks

Paul McQuistan
3rd round 5th pick by the Oakland Raiders

Breno Giacomini
5th round 15th pick by the Green Bay Packers
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the above list, of those players that I would consider very good to great starters, only Yanda wasn't taken in the first two rounds, and it appears as though every first round pick has panned out very nicely for those three teams. Laughing

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
On the above list, of those players that I would consider very good to great starters, only Yanda wasn't taken in the first two rounds, and it appears as though every first round pick has panned out very nicely for those three teams. Laughing

But yet their WHOLE lines are considered elite.
If you look at the list, the point is it doesn't take 1st round talent to form a great offensive line.

Yeah the 1st rounders panned out, but none are OGs taken at #10 spot. Only true 1st round Guard was Iupati and he was taken 17th. Carpenter was orginally a Tackle, but was moved to OG.

Smile
1st round OGs aren't needed to have a great offensive line. Smile
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

If you look at the list, the point is it doesn't take 1st round talent to form a great offensive line.

Yeah the 1st rounders panned out, but none are OGs taken at #10 spot. Only true 1st round Guard was Iupati and he was taken 17th. Carpenter was orginally a Tackle, but was moved to OG.
Smile

You are making your argument based on the pre 2011 CBA. It is far more likely a OG goes in the top 10 now than when Iupati came out. It is a realistic chance that Warmack will go before the Titans pick at #10 and that was unheard of before the new CBA. The NFL is changing and taking a OG in the top 15 is no longer taboo.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Smile

You are making your argument based on the pre 2011 CBA. It is far more likely a OG goes in the top 10 now than when Iupati came out. It is a realistic chance that Warmack will go before the Titans pick at #10 and that was unheard of before the new CBA. The NFL is changing and taking a OG in the top 15 is no longer taboo.

No, I'm also taking in account last year. The CBA was in effect then and nobody took DeCastro who was "the safest pick" and the "best OG to come through the draft in decades." Decastro was mocked in the top 10,15 and went in the low 20s.

I'm also not saying a OG won't go in the top 10. I really don't think the Tiatns will do it, they may, but I feel they won't. If they do it, oh well....what can you do. I'd hate it, but life goes on.

A team like the Cardinals or whomever may pull that trigger too on Warmack, I just can't see the Titans putting that much value on an OG in the top 10.

And my instincts tell me that no matter good a prospect a player may be, the Top 10 is just reserved for certain positions.
Players that can indivdually impact your team. LT is in there because a bad one gets your top prize, QB killed. You can argue that any lineman can get your QB killed but LT is tested and true as the position of importance on the line.
I'm willing to bet if there was a Kicker that could hit 85 yard FGs consistently he still wouldn't be a top 10 pick.

I know I'm being stubborn with it, but I just can't see the Titans take an OG in the 1st that high. Trade down to 14-18. Yes... but top 10? Just don't see the value in that, and i hate "value" lol
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Smile

No, I'm also taking in account last year. The CBA was in effect then and nobody took DeCastro who was "the safest pick" and the "best OG to come through the draft in decades." Decastro was mocked in the top 10,15 and went in the low 20s.

I'm also not saying a OG won't go in the top 10. I really don't think the Tiatns will do it, they may, but I feel they won't. If they do it, oh well....what can you do. I'd hate it, but life goes on.

A team like the Cardinals or whomever may pull that trigger too on Warmack, I just can't see the Titans putting that much value on an OG in the top 10.

And my instincts tell me that no matter good a prospect a player may be, the Top 10 is just reserved for certain positions.
Players that can indivdually impact your team. LT is in there because a bad one gets your top prize, QB killed. You can argue that any lineman can get your QB killed but LT is tested and true as the position of importance on the line.
I'm willing to bet if there was a Kicker that could hit 85 yard FGs consistently he still wouldn't be a top 10 pick.

I know I'm being stubborn with it, but I just can't see the Titans take an OG in the 1st that high. Trade down to 14-18. Yes... but top 10? Just don't see the value in that, and i hate "value" lol

No problem. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. As I stated in another thread, the big bad wolf in the AFC South right now is JJ Watt. The way to neutralize that beast is to draft a RG that will punch him in the mouth. When fivehead was ruling the AFC South (i just threw up in my mouth), the majority of 1st round picks were used to try and stop him. Look at some of the 1st round picks by the 3 opposing teams from 2005 til 2011. Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, Amobi Okoye, Reggie Nelson, Tyson Alualu, Derrick Morgan, JJ Watt, Pacman Jones, Kareem Jackson, Derick Harvey & Michael Griffin.

Draft a OG that will punch the division's best player in the mouth (not literally, but you get my point).

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Smile

No problem. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. As I stated in another thread, the big bad wolf in the AFC South right now is JJ Watt. The way to neutralize that beast is to draft a RG that will punch him in the mouth. When fivehead was ruling the AFC South (i just threw up in my mouth), the majority of 1st round picks were used to try and stop him. Look at some of the 1st round picks by the 3 opposing teams from 2005 til 2011. Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, Amobi Okoye, Reggie Nelson, Tyson Alualu, Derrick Morgan, JJ Watt, Pacman Jones, Kareem Jackson, Derick Harvey & Michael Griffin.

Draft a OG that will punch the division's best player in the mouth (not literally, but you get my point).

I wouldn't mind if he literally got punched in the mouth Laughing
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Smile

I wouldn't mind if he literally got punched in the mouth Laughing

Me either Twisted Evil Laughing , but I was trying to be PC in my original statement since we do have visitors from their realm (Texans forum)here in Titania looking around on our post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: