Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My second to last Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: My second to last Mock Reply with quote

Trade:
Bills trade their second and third for pick number 22. They get their QB. 

Draft:
1A- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee: Unbelievable athletic ability. Not quite ready to play outside and run a full route tree. Will take time to develop, and with proper coaching he can be in the top 3 at his position. Has all the physical tools in the world. His tools show up on tape. Needs to polish his game. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

2A- Larry Warford G Kentucky: Massive man. Gets great push. Athletic for a man his size. Great all around blocker. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cYIGR4EWIKA

2B- Khaseem Greene WLB Rutgers: Fast, athletic OLB who can hit. Very productive. Will be a huge asset defending against running QBs. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhb83_ASFuk

3A- Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia: Think OJ Atogwe. Pretty much the same player. Will take the ball away. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IMt4Y9Nt5bA

3B- DJ Swearinger SS South Carolina: Not afraid to hit. Solid in coverage as well. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2klvZNqJg8

4- Christine Michael RB Texas A&M: Size/speed guy. Plays fast in games. Has power to break tackles and agility to make tacklers miss. Exciting prospect. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU

5- Kwame Geathers DT Georgia: Big, strong, athletic DT with upside. Rams need a run stuffing rotational DT. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZrFOxQXz0

6- Marquess Wilson WR Washington State: First/second round talent, but off the field issues kill his stock. Guy can separate. Has a second gear. Can go up and get the ball. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdh5zP9JCPo

7- Rod Sweeting CB Georgia Tech: Caught my eye in bowl game. Very fast combine time. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=st8LBBL8SJM

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Daryl Richardson/Isaiah Pead/Christine Michael/Terrance Gannaway
FB/TE2- Lance Kendricks
TE1- Jared Cook
X- Brian Quick/Marquess Wilson
Y- Chris Givens
Slot- Cordarrelle Patterson
LT- Jake Long
LG- Larry Warford 
C- Chris Wells
RG- Harvey Dahl
RT- Roger Saffold

DE- Chris Long
DT- Michael Brockers
DT- Kendall Langford
DE- Robert Quinn
WLB- Khaseem Greene
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SLB- Jo-Lonn Dunbar
CB1- Janoris Jenkins
CB2- Courtland  Finnegan
CB3- Trumaine Johnson
FS- Bacarri Rambo
SS- DJ Swearinger

Notes:
- Plan to use a spread offensive attack. Guys in the draft and on the roster fit this scheme. 

- Used CBS.com's round projections as a guideline. 

Draft Regrets:
-Not getting backup C. Shelley Smith will have to take Turner's place. 

- Not getting a CB earlier
81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't like mocks with trades but I love this one. Great job!

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be cool with this
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't love Patterson, but would be good with this draft.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
I usually don't like mocks with trades but I love this one. Great job!

I dont either, I just have a hard time seeing us pick at 22. I had read where the Bills have discussed moving back into the first to get their QB, so that's why I used them.
stlfan946

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or does anyone else cringe when they see Cordarelle Patterson as our first round pick? We drafted a raw wideout in Quick last year, why do it again? We can sugar coat the situation all we want but our receiving game is pretty terrible. Quick is unproven and Patterson is the same type of receiver. We need production NOW! let's be honest with ourselves here!!!
DistantRam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite mock so far- all fantastic picks. Yes, there are doubts about Patterson but the same could be said about every player coming out of college and into the NFL.
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlfan946 wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else cringe when they see Cordarelle Patterson as our first round pick? We drafted a raw wideout in Quick last year, why do it again? We can sugar coat the situation all we want but our receiving game is pretty terrible. Quick is unproven and Patterson is the same type of receiver. We need production NOW! let's be honest with ourselves here!!!

Patterson might not be the most refined WR in the draft but he is not as raw as Quick was. Quick didnt even have a WRs coach.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Wr80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone complain about Patterson? Seriously guys why wouldn't we want a WR that has that high of a upside? I know we want playoffs and a great team next year but why not have a Superbowl team in a couple because our WRs are developed and better.
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlfan946 wrote:

While Patterson is raw, his athleticism allows him to be productive while not being a polished WR. Quick isn't the type of player who can return kicks or take an end around to the house. I think Patterson can come in next yr and play the slot and be productive. He has the skills to play inside, and a full route tree won't be necessary. Also he played in the SEC last yr which is the closest to the NFL as you get.

Also we pay our assistant coaches good money to coach guys up. Get them the talent, and let the coaches apply the polish.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
stlfan946 wrote:

While Patterson is raw, his athleticism allows him to be productive while not being a polished WR. Quick isn't the type of player who can return kicks or take an end around to the house. I think Patterson can come in next yr and play the slot and be productive. He has the skills to play inside, and a full route tree won't be necessary. Also he played in the SEC last yr which is the closest to the NFL as you get.

Also we pay our assistant coaches good money to coach guys up. Get them the talent, and let the coaches apply the polish.

How'd they do with Quick last year?

Sorry, I'm of the opinion that Bradford needs weapons ready to contribute day one. I can see Patterson contributing immediately on KR/PR duties, but I think he is a season or two from contributing a whole lot as a WR.

I'd like more then that from our first pick in the draft personally.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
FRO wrote:
stlfan946 wrote:

How'd they do with Quick last year?

Sorry, I'm of the opinion that Bradford needs weapons ready to contribute day one. I can see Patterson contributing immediately on KR/PR duties, but I think he is a season or two from contributing a whole lot as a WR.

I'd like more then that from our first pick in the draft personally.

Not good I will give you that. I just think Patterson's raw physical ability is on a totally different level than Quick and he can be used a lot more.

Also keep in mind Quick only played 1 yr of high school ball and played in a college without a playbook of WR coach. That is much more raw than Patterson, who was able to learn enough of the playbook to be a contributor in his first game at Tennessee against a CB who will be playing on Sunday's.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks real good although I'm not a big fan of Christine Michael. A lot of injury issues and character questions.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Looks real good although I'm not a big fan of Christine Michael. A lot of injury issues and character questions.

I like his upside. I personally don't get too much into the off the field stuff because I have no clue on what's really happening without talking to the player, coaches, teammates, equiptment guys, ect. Alot of times a media report will snow ball and it will get like that old game "telephone" where the message gets so distorted. So as an average fan i keep it at what i see on the field. Not knocking those who take character into effect at all, just my personal doings. Injury history is bothersome, but in the 4 round I think he is a good risk. I was considering putting another injury guy there (Lattimore). I like both of their upsides.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: