Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion: Bucs Get Revis, Jets Get #13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I'd also take Jones. Jones has the ability to be an elite level LB in the NFL, can't pass up on that for a slot WR.

Slot WRs are used far more in today's NFL. Austin would make a bigger impact on the Rams then Jones.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
I'd also take Jones. Jones has the ability to be an elite level LB in the NFL, can't pass up on that for a slot WR.

Slot WRs are used far more in today's NFL. Austin would make a bigger impact on the Rams then Jones.

That is just your opinion. Cook may be taking up a good portion of those snaps from the slot though. Most plays we have 2 linebackers on the field. The Rams need to improve their LB corp.
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
FRO wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

That is just your opinion. Cook may be taking up a good portion of those snaps from the slot though. Most plays we have 2 linebackers on the field. The Rams need to improve their LB corp.

Sure it's my opinion. We have zero guys who can make a defender miss. All our WRs are straight line types.

Welker still got plenty of targets even though the Patriots employed 2 TEs. Cook is a better down field guy than he is quick, short rhythm pass and catch. We need someone to take Danny's role. Cook isn't that guy.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
FRO wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

You are correct. What happens to Jo-Lonn Dunbar?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Latest NFL Players Association salary cap figures show Rams with league-low $506,000 of cap room.
9:35pm - 3 Apr 13

Jim Thomas twitter
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

League low? That is ridiculous
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
FRO wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I'd move him to SLB, he was good last year but was far from great in coverage.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:

You'd be taking him off the field for roughly 50-60% of the snaps in our defense if you did that. Not saying I'd be opposed to moving him there, but it would take a rangy, highly athletic and above average coverage LB to move him off the field. That is what our LB corps is truely missing IMO...

I like Jones, think he could work in our defense. However, given a choice between Austin and Jones I'm taking Austin everytime for our team...

And to people labeling him simply as a "slot" WR are way off here. He's a chess piece that could be moved all over the field and a nightmare matchup, he wouldn't be just relegated to the slot. And that's not even factoring in what he can offer in the return game, which is an aspect this team sorely lacks as well...

TommyC376 on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Sure it's my opinion. We have zero guys who can make a defender miss. All our WRs are straight line types.

Welker still got plenty of targets even though the Patriots employed 2 TEs. Cook is a better down field guy than he is quick, short rhythm pass and catch. We need someone to take Danny's role. Cook isn't that guy.
Well thats not true, so basing your argument around that line of thinking deludes your entire argument
chris00cm wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
FRO wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

You guys ever stoop to think we only had 2 LBs out there last year because we only had 2 LBs worth playing most of the time? Because thats a prety obvious root of the situation to me.

If you have 3 good LBs, and they can all cover (not saying Jarvis can) and/or Rush the passer then you dont take them off nearly as much.

Even though its a 3-4 defense, the Nickle package is relatively the same, and the Niners kept their Front 7 on the field more than anyone else in the league. Coincidentally had one of, if not the best defense in the league.

A very good group of LBs are one of the most important things in the league that is getting more and more spread out.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked to see Tyson Clabo cut. Wonder if Paul Boudreau wants him.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

You'd be taking him off the field for roughly 50-60% of the snaps in our defense if you did that. Not saying I'd be opposed to moving him there, but it would take a rangy, highly athletic and above average coverage LB to move him off the field. That is what our LB corps is truely missing IMO...

I like Jones, think he could work in our defense. However, given a choice between Austin and Jones I'm taking Austin everytime for our team...

I like Dunbar but we need athletic linebackers, we just face too many running QBs. It is debatable if Jones fits that description due to his poor workouts but to me I think he can special at plays faster. Ogletree could start right away at WLB too. If we don't get them I hope we can get a guy like Gooden later.

Dunbar is also on the last year of his contract who knows if he is in the Rams future plans.

Having both players available at #16 is a good problem to have in my opinion if it did happen. I wouldn't be upset with either choice, but I personally would go with Jones over Austin.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I like Dunbar but we need athletic linebackers, we just face too many running QBs. It is debatable if Jones fits that description due to his poor workouts but to me I think he can special at plays faster. Ogletree could start right away at WLB too. If we don't get them I hope we can get a guy like Gooden later.

Dunbar is also on the last year of his contract who knows if he is in the Rams future plans.

No arguement about needing athletic, rangy and adept in coverage. If we had that guy I would have no problem pushing Dunbar to SLB, but we don't have that guy...

Also, you mention Ogletree here as that option. I'd agree, if we took Ogletree we should slide Dunbar to the SLB. The original question though had nothing to do with him...

If we're looking to add the rangy/athletic/coverage LB we're seeming to miss, Jarvis Jones isn't the guy. That's not his game...

TommyC376 on the sig...
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Caplan @caplannfl

Rams S Darian Stewart signed his one-year RFA tender.
10:53 PM - 03 Apr 13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Adam Caplan @caplannfl

Rams S Darian Stewart signed his one-year RFA tender
10:53 PM - 03 Apr 13
Where have you been? Wink

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

If we're looking to add the rangy/athletic/coverage LB we're seeming to miss, Jarvis Jones isn't the guy. That's not his game...

I think he is more athletic than his pro day would suggest. He can cover but more importantly he could be a blitzing linebacker and pass rusher on passing downs. Rams struggled to find a linebacker last year that could rush the passer consistently, that is one reason why we moved Brown up from the practice squad after Haggan went down.

We just disagree with who we would take, you excluded my last sentence of my post.

kgarrett12486 wrote:

No arguement about needing athletic, rangy and adept in coverage. If we had that guy I would have no problem pushing Dunbar to SLB, but we don't have that guy...

Also, you mention Ogletree here as that option. I'd agree, if we took Ogletree we should slide Dunbar to the SLB. The original question though had nothing to do with him...

I was just saying I think all three could fit at WLB for us. Just like if we don't get Austin it doesn't mean there aren't any other receivers in draft. It does pertain to the question, if we did take Austin I would hope we would consider them with our later picks is what I was getting at.

The topic start to devolve when someone mentioned that a slot receiver has more impact on the game than a Linebacker. For the record though, I don't think Austin is just a slot receiver.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 94 of 101

Jump to: