Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers sign former Giants WR Domenik Hixon to 1-year deal

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Panthers sign former Giants WR Domenik Hixon to 1-year deal Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Giants WR Domenik Hixon is agreeing to terms with the Panthers today. Browns were also very interested

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/319554206249918464

***Update***
Quote:
One-year deal for Hixon with the Panthers that will pay him more than $1m.

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/319559590683504640
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hixon will make a great #3 WR. Another good signing by Gettleman.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
One-year deal for Hixon with the Panthers that will pay him more than $1m.

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/319559590683504640
Tom Brady Tribute
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm filing this under meh. i'm still hoping we draft a wr in a few weeks and i still want to see what adams and hopefully gettis can do. but with ginn, hixon, pilares and edwards some people are getting cut. edwards is gone and probably pilares too.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unsure about Pilares but Edwards has a very slim chance at making the roster.

I'm really liking how we're improving our depth this offseason. They've all been minor moves but it feels like we're already a stronger team going in than we were last year. Hixon isn't anything special but he is a reliable target who meshed well with Eli, someone who I think is a bit similar to Newton in that they both can be erratic passers but have strong, powerful arms and when their mechanics are right, can throw great passes. So there is that.

With Smith, LaFell, Hixon, and maybe someone else to step up (Ginn, Gettis?), we have a good enough WR core to where it isn't as big of a need as other spots on this team.

The biggest question I wonder is what will happen to Joe Adams? He showed some potential at punt returner at times but he has a serious tendency to fumble the ball. Electric when he actually does catch it but it isn't all too likely he gets PR over Ginn. Which means he'd need to show something at wide receiver.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still saying there are much larger needs for cam than weapons. We already have a lot invested in RBs, we got a TE, a WR, a few more that can go with him. WE NEED PROTECTION and I hope thats the first pick. If you watch the last couple games of the season are protection was horrid. GET PROTECTION WITH THE FIRST PICK.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great get guys. He's a very underrated guy. He produces when he is on the field and has PR ability. Great backup while he was here and it should be interesting him getting a real shot.

^Stone85 on the sig^
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I'm unsure about Pilares but Edwards has a very slim chance at making the roster.

I'm really liking how we're improving our depth this offseason. They've all been minor moves but it feels like we're already a stronger team going in than we were last year. Hixon isn't anything special but he is a reliable target who meshed well with Eli, someone who I think is a bit similar to Newton in that they both can be erratic passers but have strong, powerful arms and when their mechanics are right, can throw great passes. So there is that.

With Smith, LaFell, Hixon, and maybe someone else to step up (Ginn, Gettis?), we have a good enough WR core to where it isn't as big of a need as other spots on this team.

The biggest question I wonder is what will happen to Joe Adams? He showed some potential at punt returner at times but he has a serious tendency to fumble the ball. Electric when he actually does catch it but it isn't all too likely he gets PR over Ginn. Which means he'd need to show something at wide receiver.

I have a gut feeling that Gettis will be cut too.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518862&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: