Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Showdown Ep. 3-Justin Hunter vs. Da'rick Rogers

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is better?
Justin Hunter
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
Da'Rick Rogers
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author Message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3799
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Prospect Showdown Ep. 3-Justin Hunter vs. Da'rick Rogers Reply with quote

By now, you should know the deal; this thread is asking you to vote on the better of the two prospects, not on their value at expected draft position, and not their value to the Ram's specifically.

Just, which one is better?

Episode 1 has seen Zach Ertz earn more votes than Tyler Eifert.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518348

Episode 2 currently has Dion Jordan with a slight edge over Ziggy Ansah.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518871

For this weeks showdown, it is a tough choice for me. Both players have some serious question marks but boat loads of talent. I chose Justin Hunter in the end, because of his size.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4515
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Hunter. 6'4" with 4.4 speed. Has some drop issues but as a late 1st or 2nd round prospect (formerly an early 1st) he presents tremendous value.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youll see me saying this a lot. Ill take Justin Hunter because of that size and speed. But this time its not even close.

I thought DeAndre Hopkins would have been a better battle.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9660
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da'Rick Rogers for me...

Some character issues are somewhat alarming for Rogers, but Hunter's hands are much more alarming to me...

Both have dynamic talent, but I'd take my chances with Rogers...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3799
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Youll see me saying this a lot. Ill take Justin Hunter because of that size and speed. But this time its not even close.

I thought DeAndre Hopkins would have been a better battle.


Really? I though Da'Rick's character and Justin's hands made for a nice contrast. I think both have shown first round talent in the past. So far, it is looking like a land slide though.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Youll see me saying this a lot. Ill take Justin Hunter because of that size and speed. But this time its not even close.

I thought DeAndre Hopkins would have been a better battle.


Really? I though Da'Rick's character and Justin's hands made for a nice contrast. I think both have shown first round talent in the past. So far, it is looking like a land slide though.
True. But I think contrasting players make a good showdown. In the grand scheme of things, these two players are fairly similar. While someone like Hopkins has a completely different style.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5968
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is very difficult for me. Hunter is an amazing specimen, but I think Rogers is also amazing in different ways. In the end, I went with Hunter due to off the charts abilities.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamsFan24


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 455
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my phone so it wouldn't let me vote, but I'm picking Justin Hunter all day, Hunter will be coming off his first full season since the leg injury. I believe alot of his drops where mental lapse with him trusting in that leg again. I truly think that he will be one of the best receivers to come out this Draft. I would love if the Rams picked him, but If we grab Austin, I'll be fine, lol.
_________________
DIE HARD RAMS FAN

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46521
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter's dropsies are very concerning but I'm more concerned by Da'Rick's ego and attitude. I'll take Hunter.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46521
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Youll see me saying this a lot. Ill take Justin Hunter because of that size and speed. But this time its not even close.

I thought DeAndre Hopkins would have been a better battle.


Really? I though Da'Rick's character and Justin's hands made for a nice contrast. I think both have shown first round talent in the past. So far, it is looking like a land slide though.
True. But I think contrasting players make a good showdown. In the grand scheme of things, these two players are fairly similar. While someone like Hopkins has a completely different style.


Disagree. I like the idea of comparable players...makes it a tougher decision.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DistantRam


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 406
Location: London, England
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Drops can be cured (witness exhibit A: Kendricks, Lance) and he has all the raw potential to be an outstanding wideout.
_________________
I watched the Rams at Wembley and stayed until the bitter end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3799
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
Hunter any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Drops can be cured (witness exhibit A: Kendricks, Lance) and he has all the raw potential to be an outstanding wideout.


Wait....since when has Lance Handbricks been cured?
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DistantRam


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 406
Location: London, England
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was certainly better last season than he had been in his rookie year.
_________________
I watched the Rams at Wembley and stayed until the bitter end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cornbread5


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 440
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Hunter all day. Rogers has great ability but the knocks on Hunter can be fixed and in 2011 those negatives weren't an issue (drops and health).

At the end of the day, I thinks teams will view Hunter as a top WR prospect in the class and no chance he makes it out of round 1.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group