Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Skelton vs Moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Skelton vs Moore Reply with quote

QB John Skelton has been released from the Cardinals. What would you guys think about bringing him in instead of Kellen Moore as #3 on the depth chart. He's started a number of guys for the Cardinals (and won a couple) and at one point was penciled in as the surefire starter. He brings some size and a good arm along wthi his experience. In the event that Stafford goes down (knock on wood), I do think he'd be a good option to have.

Thoughts?
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he fits our vertical offense better.

However it seems our staff likes guys that are safe and won't lose a game as a backup rather than a guy who can lose a game or win a game.

Sig bet
Lions017

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I like about Moore is that he already knows the system well. I would just keep him. I think that Skelton is more of a #2 QB than a #3 and will be paid as such.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I think he fits our vertical offense better.

However it seems our staff likes guys that are safe and won't lose a game as a backup rather than a guy who can lose a game or win a game.

What happens if Stafford goes down for a lengthy period of time? I like Sean Hill a lot but he may not be long term answer at backup due to age/salary. Why change our offense solely because our main guy goes down? We need that explosive, deep ball element to our game. If it's a short stint, I get the whole playing it safe thing but if we have to play that way for most of a season we're going to be in a bad situation.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeltons terrible and really doesn't have a future in this league. What do we KNOW about Moore? Does he management games well? Can he make plays when called upon? Idk any of these so I rather keep Moore and figure him out before I move on to Skelton who I know is nothing more than possibly a career backup. An not even a good one.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer anyone over Moore. Heck I'd prefer to carry two QB and add someone else who will contribute.

Extra waterboy would do more.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Skeltons terrible and really doesn't have a future in this league. What do we KNOW about Moore? Does he management games well? Can he make plays when called upon? Idk any of these so I rather keep Moore and figure him out before I move on to Skelton who I know is nothing more than possibly a career backup. An not even a good one.

He's started and won games on a bad Arizona team. Much more than we can say for Moore.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's any reason to pay any more than we have to for a third string QB who absolutely positively will not see the field under any non-emergency circumstance. It'd be one thing if Moore were our 2nd QB, but he's not. Hill is just fine as a backup and Moore is just fine for running the scout team. Why pay an extra $235,000 (and inevitably a signing bonus of some sort) just to have another butt on the bench?

detfan782004 wrote:
I'd prefer anyone over Moore. Heck I'd prefer to carry two QB and add someone else who will contribute.

There are very few teams in the league that carry only two quarterbacks. They're not just for emergency purposes, but they run the scout team in practice too. I think the Chargers might be the only team in the league that has two quarterbacks at the moment.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
I don't think there's any reason to pay any more than we have to for a third string QB who absolutely positively will not see the field under any non-emergency circumstance. It'd be one thing if Moore were our 2nd QB, but he's not. Hill is just fine as a backup and Moore is just fine for running the scout team. Why pay an extra $235,000 (and inevitably a signing bonus of some sort) just to have another butt on the bench?

detfan782004 wrote:

There are very few teams in the league that carry only two quarterbacks. They're not just for emergency purposes, but they run the scout team in practice too. I think the Chargers might be the only team in the league that has two quarterbacks at the moment.

Very few run wide 9 too.

Sorry I simply don't see need for a 3rd QB when said QB honestly is as bad as Moore

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

detfan782004 wrote:

Very few run wide 9 too.

Sorry I simply don't see need for a 3rd QB when said QB honestly is as bad as Moore

Yeah, I really am not a fan of the guy. I was scratching my head when we brought him in.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather just stick with Moore
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Moore and would rather keep him.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing to like about Moore but his contract

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
There is nothing to like about Moore but his contract
How do you know? I think there are better QBs out there for sure. But he is a smart accurate thrower than can throw it anywhere within a 10 yard radius. Laughing

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: