Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will come out swinging the first few weeks due to a bad chip on their shoulders. I'd welcome a tough opponent for opening weekend.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
If Denver starts on the road against NYG, which has been rumored, but not by anyone credible, I will be livid. I know NBC wants their ratings and I respect that, but the Broncos seem to always be the team getting shafted by the schedule because they can never have a 415 home opener on a Sunday because of freaking tennis.

That's not really getting screwed though, playing the opener on the road isn't really a disadvantage.

Fify.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
If Denver starts on the road against NYG, which has been rumored, but not by anyone credible, I will be livid. I know NBC wants their ratings and I respect that, but the Broncos seem to always be the team getting shafted by the schedule because they can never have a 415 home opener on a Sunday because of freaking tennis.

That's not really getting screwed though, playing the opener on the road isn't really a disadvantage.

The options for Denver's first game are the following:

Away against 1pm opponent
Away on MNF/SNF
Home MNF/SNF

The fact that Denver can't get a normally timed Week 1 home game is bad for fans who want to attend the game at a normally scheduled time. Denver opening up on the road isn't a bad thing, you're right. What's bad is the inability for them to be scheduled at home for a 4:15 Sunday game.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Go easy thatd be an opener that i could actually attend lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Away on MNF/SNF
Home MNF/SNF

The fact that Denver can't get a normally timed Week 1 home game is bad for fans who want to attend the game at a normally scheduled time. Denver opening up on the road isn't a bad thing, you're right. What's bad is the inability for them to be scheduled at home for a 4:15 Sunday game.

We could play home at 4.15 EST against an NFC team.

Fify.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Away on MNF/SNF
Home MNF/SNF

No we can't. If the game is at home it will be broadcast on CBS. AFC home games are always CBS games. Denver has not had a late Sunday afternoon start on a Sunday at home in years. In fact, I went back to 2004, and that was the last time we opened up at home at a regular time.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Away on MNF/SNF
Home MNF/SNF

No we can't. If the game is at home it will be broadcast on CBS. AFC home games are always CBS games. Denver has not had a late Sunday afternoon start on a Sunday at home in years. In fact, I went back to 2004, and that was the last time we opened up at home at a regular time.

Slight inaccuracy here.

When determining the TV network for a Sunday afternoon game, it's the AWAY team that is relevant. This is so that CBS and Fox have access to each and every stadium at least once or twice a year.

So AFC matches are on CBS, NFC matches are on Fox, however for interconference games, AFC at NFC will play on CBS, NFC at AFC will play on Fox.

So Denver's home games against Philadelphia and Washington will be on Fox(unless moved to primetime), so both are in play for week one.

Fify.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 schedule Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
The official schedule comes out in two weeks (April 16th).

UPDATE: NFL delayed the schedule announcement. The new release time is Thursday (April 18) at 8pm ET.
https://twitter.com/gregaiello/status/324175557166252032
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 schedule Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
The official schedule comes out in two weeks (April 16th).

UPDATE: NFL delayed the schedule announcement. The new release time is Thursday (April 18) at 8pm ET.
https://twitter.com/gregaiello/status/324175557166252032

Oh Booo!!!!!!

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 schedule Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
For the record, our opponents are as follows:

Home: SD, KC, OAK, JAX, TEN, PHI, WSH, BAL
Road: SD, KC, OAK, HOU, IND, DAL, NYG, NE

This schedule will be a lot tougher than people think. Those non-division road games are brutal, I would much rather play those teams at home and then play the home games on the road. Our EASIEST non-divisonal road game is in Dallas. That's madness.
hammer25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look for Baltimore at Denver for Monday nighter
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer25 wrote:

I'm almost certain that's what it will be.

I bet Steve Bisciotti is absolutely irate with Peter Angelos & Co right now. How can the Orioles be so big-headed as to not move one game so their co-city champs can host a home game on opening night?

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
hammer25 wrote:

I'm almost certain that's what it will be.

I bet Steve Bisciotti is absolutely irate with Peter Angelos & Co right now. How can the Orioles be so big-headed as to not move one game so their co-city champs can host a home game on opening night?

The game won't be on Monday night, first of all. Baltimore will play that Thursday as an away game.

Second of all, I'm surprised you of all people are mad at Angelos. The Orioles, and to a greater extent, Major League Baseball have ABSOLUTELY ZERO obligation to rearrange their schedules to accommodate the NFL. The precedent that would set is awful, and, let's not forget, whether people understand this or not Baltimore is first and foremost a baseball town. It always has been.

There is no reason the Orioles should be forced to forego revenue because the NFL wants to be on its bully pulpit and shove people around. Would you argue that if the tables were turned, and there was a crucial Orioles playoff game on a Sunday in October that the Ravens should flip their schedule and cause a mess because of it? Of course no, so why should the opposite apply?

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: