Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit Mock City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d-town11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Detroit Mock City Reply with quote

Did a mock a little while back and after FA I decided to update my mock with some changes.

1st - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan - If he falls here, he should be the pick. He shows all the skills to be a very good pro LT and you must protect your QB's blindside plus the chance to improve your oline so you can run the ball effectively is an interesting thought. Just kick Reiff in and let him play OG.

2nd - Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers - This is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. Greene makes plays as a LB and also tackles very well. Was a former safety and is very athletic. Very good at causing turnovers, forced 6 fumbles last year. We desperately need some players that can generate turnovers. Only started two years at LB, had 141 tackles his first year and 125 his second year. Also Rutgers had a very talented defense so he wasnt piling up stats because nobody else could make plays. Also stood out in the games I watched.

3rd - Logan Ryan CB Rutgers - Double dipping from Rutgers defense. Hey they had a great defense last year. Ryan doesnt have elite height or speed but he has great man coverage skills. Had 94 tackles, 21 passes defended and 4 INT's last season. He will be a good man CB in this league, not a shut down CB or anything but probably a great #2 guy.

4th - Tavarres King WR Georgia - We got a good look at him in the senior bowl. Lions WR coach was impressed with him. He has adequate size and speed to be a #2 guy. Isnt the most sure of hands yet but has potential to be a starting outside WR in the NFL.

5th - Chris Faulk OT LSU - Didnt play last year because of injury. Should have went back to school and showed again why he is a top OT. Before the injury was considered a top prospect. Is a massive OT with actually good feet. Is a road grader and a solid pass blocker. Could potentially be a starting RT for us. Started LT for LSU.

6th - Quinn Sharpe P/K Oklahoma State - Draft him to be our punter for next year and kickoff man which would allow Hanson to just focus on kicking fields goals oh and when Hanson hangs it up Sharpe can step in and kick FG's. Did both at OSU and did them well.

7th - Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky - At this late in the draft, I look for a player who can atleast do one thing really well and hopefully he can add to his game so he can be a 3 down type of player. Smith is a very good pass rusher. He is only 250lbs but you can take a flyer on a guy like this in the 7th round. Had 3 sacks against Alabama last year. Coming off of an injury or he would be drafted much higher. Had 12.5 sacks last year, led the nation in sacks per game.

I feel this draft gives us guys who are play makers and difference makers at certain positions without reaching and also gives us a few guys who could get drafted much higher if it werent for injuries.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan. Fisher is okay at #5 for me, but I wouldn't be excited about it. Also not a fan of Greene with our 2nd, and Ryan is good value with the 3rd, but I doubt he starts. I'm not sure where King really fits in. I actually like the Faulk pick. Sharpe is okay. Smith is a good pick.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
d-town11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan might not start right away but I think he becomes a starter sooner or later. I don't think someone you draft in round 3 starts right away often. Just curious why do you not like Greene? He is a play maker and sound tackler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d-town11 wrote:
Ryan might not start right away but I think he becomes a starter sooner or later. I don't think someone you draft in round 3 starts right away often. Just curious why do you not like Greene? He is a play maker and sound tackler
I like Greene, just not with our 2nd.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
d-town11 wrote:
I like Greene, just not with our 2nd.

Same here. I think he'll be around in 4th...

I dont like King or Ryan. There is more talent in other players to be honest...
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this a lot.

I think Greene is worth our 2nd.

LOVE the King pick. His route running is top-notch and he would thrive in our offense.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to learn the later guys more. Some of them I have never heard of. Laughing

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: