Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently Brandon Marshall & Earl Bennett share their bday. Whose party does Jay attend? LOL

Also somebody needs to update wiki, Alshon called Earl, uncle.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Free agent DT Anthony Adams has retired from football.
Adams was a second-round pick of the 49ers, and played four seasons with the team. He spent his last five seasons with the Bears.

He's got such a great personality. He'll do big things on TV.

He and Izzy have done a great job setting themselves up in the community and in the media.

One of the great things about Chicago is the opportunities that it offers off the field. Unless you are using that as a pitch for the FFGM mock draft in which case it means nothing.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Adams was a second-round pick of the 49ers, and played four seasons with the team. He spent his last five seasons with the Bears.

He and Izzy have done a great job setting themselves up in the community and in the media.

One of the great things about Chicago is the opportunities that it offers off the field. Unless you are using that as a pitch for the FFGM mock draft in which case it means nothing.

I have no idea what you're talking about???
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Giving a guys millions of dollars more also means nothing there unless you're Dallas.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food for thought: Phil Emery has selected a WR in EVERY single draft he's been involved in; Phil Emery has NEVER selected a Guard in the 1st round during his career in scouting....

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jaguars released DT C.J. Mosley.

The move frees up $2.475 million in salary, but saves less than $500,000 versus the salary cap. Mosley was cut because the new Jaguars regime isn't high on his scheme fit under Gus Bradley; he wasn't a salary cap casualty. Mosley, 29, racked up 45 tackles and 2.5 sacks last season, playing for Mel Tucker. Tucker is now the defensive coordinator in Chicago.

Mosley would be a solid replacement for Toe as our #4 DT...would also free up another draft pick.
fourth-phase

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Jaguars released DT C.J. Mosley.

The move frees up $2.475 million in salary, but saves less than $500,000 versus the salary cap. Mosley was cut because the new Jaguars regime isn't high on his scheme fit under Gus Bradley; he wasn't a salary cap casualty. Mosley, 29, racked up 45 tackles and 2.5 sacks last season, playing for Mel Tucker. Tucker is now the defensive coordinator in Chicago.

Mosley would be a solid replacement for Toe as our #4 DT...would also free up another draft pick.

I wish it was Alabama LB CJ Mosley...
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nick Pieschel - G - Free Agent
Bears waived G Nick Pieschel.
Pieschel, signed as an UDFA last year, has never appeared in a game.
Related: Bears

Crying or Very sad

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George McCaskey doesn't rule out Urlacher return:

Quote:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen 13m
George McCaskey doesn't close door on Urlacher return but notes decision is up to personnel dept., per @adamjahns. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013/04/george_mccaskey_on_brian_urlac.html

It's not likely that anything will be reached with Urlacher, but he didn't say "no". I wonder how Emery feels about his boss saying that he was heartbroken with this outcome.

I like that McCaskey is staying out of negotiations and personnel moves, but when he says things like this, he is involving himself.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
George McCaskey doesn't rule out Urlacher return:

Quote:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen 13m
George McCaskey doesn't close door on Urlacher return but notes decision is up to personnel dept., per @adamjahns. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013/04/george_mccaskey_on_brian_urlac.html

It's not likely that anything will be reached with Urlacher, but he didn't say "no". I wonder how Emery feels about his boss saying that he was heartbroken with this outcome.

I like that McCaskey is staying out of negotiations and personnel moves, but when he says things like this, he is involving himself.
Lawrence Holmes is that you? I personally don't see anything wrong w/ what McCaskey said. He basically spoke as a fan, not a representative of the Bears. That's what owners truly are anyway, or what they should be. We all are heartbroken that Brian is done, but we believe that the right people are making the decision. All he basically said was "Brian is a Bear, Brian will always be a Bear, and if Phil and Mark think its in the best interests of the Bears to bring him back, I'm certainly not going to say no.

Walshy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BlaqOptic"]
Walshy wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
Walshy wrote:
Brian Urlacher 2006? You know the year he led his team to the SB and broke the record with most tackles in a game with 25 against the Cardinals?He should be in top 10 lists.

The only ones I'd consider are 2007, 08 and maybed 09 when he actually could cover. Beore that he was average at coverage but most people would go "ZOMG. He used to play Safety so he can cover."

Brian Urlacher is one of the best coverage LBs of all-time. He could always cover. Lovie's system changed his role to allow him to use his coverage ability.

That is one of the biggest myths of all time... Sorry, for most seasons Urlacher wasn't even as good as Briggs in coverage! Sorry, facts speak... His metrics were always average and he was routinely giving up 500+ yards in coverage.

So, is his argument legitimate at all? From what I remember, Urlacher has always been the best coverage LB in the NFL. I'm only 15, so I started understanding the Bears in 2005. But even at a young age, I was pretty football aware. I recognized that Urlacher was a great player and I knew that he was a great playmaker. By 2006, I understood the Bears really well and I knew all of the players. I was that weird 2nd grader rattling off football stats Very Happy. But, I don't really believe this guy, am I missing something? I'm just making sure I'm not crazy. Brian Urlacher leads LBs in ints since 2006 and he is 5th since 2000. What is his argument?

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Walshy"]
BlaqOptic wrote:
Walshy wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
Walshy wrote:
Brian Urlacher 2006? You know the year he led his team to the SB and broke the record with most tackles in a game with 25 against the Cardinals?He should be in top 10 lists.

The only ones I'd consider are 2007, 08 and maybed 09 when he actually could cover. Beore that he was average at coverage but most people would go "ZOMG. He used to play Safety so he can cover."

Brian Urlacher is one of the best coverage LBs of all-time. He could always cover. Lovie's system changed his role to allow him to use his coverage ability.

That is one of the biggest myths of all time... Sorry, for most seasons Urlacher wasn't even as good as Briggs in coverage! Sorry, facts speak... His metrics were always average and he was routinely giving up 500+ yards in coverage.

So, is his argument legitimate at all? From what I remember, Urlacher has always been the best coverage LB in the NFL. I'm only 15, so I started understanding the Bears in 2005. But even at a young age, I was pretty football aware. I recognized that Urlacher was a great player and I knew that he was a great playmaker. By 2006, I understood the Bears really well and I knew all of the players. I was that weird 2nd grader rattling off football stats Very Happy. But, I don't really believe this guy, am I missing something? I'm just making sure I'm not crazy. Brian Urlacher leads LBs in ints since 2006 and he is 5th since 2000. What is his argument?
Blaq is correct in terms of talking pure metrics, from 2000-2006 Lach had avg #s. From 2007-2011 he had elite coverage metrics. However the metrics aren't everything. Lach often defended the TE in the seam, he would face matchups that did not favor him at all, and had to cover in real space. Flip his hips, chase/track a receiver, things Briggs was never asked to do.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Falcons released RT Tyson Clabo.

It looks like a salary cap move as the Falcons work toward a Matt Ryan contract extension. Clabo started all 100 games he appeared in and made one Pro Bowl during his seven-year career with the Falcons, but was owed $4.5M in each of the next three seasons. In-house replacement Lamar Holmes will make just $480K in 2013. Still, it's surprising to see ProFootballFocus' No. 5 right tackle from a year ago get axed. Clabo will turn 32 in October, but there are plenty of teams in need of a 6'6/329 mauler. He joins Andre Smith and Eric Winston in a surprisingly loaded free agent right tackle market.

Strange move by the Falcons...they could have probably got something for him.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Falcons released RT Tyson Clabo.

It looks like a salary cap move as the Falcons work toward a Matt Ryan contract extension. Clabo started all 100 games he appeared in and made one Pro Bowl during his seven-year career with the Falcons, but was owed $4.5M in each of the next three seasons. In-house replacement Lamar Holmes will make just $480K in 2013. Still, it's surprising to see ProFootballFocus' No. 5 right tackle from a year ago get axed. Clabo will turn 32 in October, but there are plenty of teams in need of a 6'6/329 mauler. He joins Andre Smith and Eric Winston in a surprisingly loaded free agent right tackle market.

Strange move by the Falcons...they could have probably got something for him.

I'm for bringing him in if it's at the right price. Any chance we get to upgrade the OL we should take.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushrod
Slauson
Garza
Carimi
Clabo

?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

Jump to: