Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A different mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: A different mock draft Reply with quote

I'm trying to do a mock draft that is a little different than all of the others. Not just for the sake of being different but to get the juices flowing about some different prospects we could be looking at. Obviously I would love to get Chance Warmack or Tavon Austin like everyone else but I just wanted to change it up a little bit.

1. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

If Sheldon Richardson falls here we almost have to take him. He is extremely gifted athletically and has a motor that never stops. He is very quick and can cut through gaps with ease. He really is the perfect compliment to Brockers because he uses more speed and quickness while Brockers uses raw power to push guys around. This move would put Langford rotating in with Richardson and Brockers and still getting a lot of playing time as a very solid 3rd DT.

1. Jonathan Banks, Safety, Miss. State

Stay with me here. I know he probably isn't favored by many but remember I'm trying to do prospects that aren't often in Rams fans mocks just to change it up..... Banks is now a forgotten man after the combine. A lot of people question his long speed but that shouldn't be a problem at Safety. He has all of the tools needed to be a great Safety and I actually thing he will be a better pro at that position. He has great length, good speed, obviously solid coverage skills, and good ball skills. If he ran a low 4.5 or high 4.4 40 I doubt he even makes it to this pick but a 4.61 is still a decent time for a Safety.

2. Da'rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

The Rams front office showed last off season that they don't mind taking risks on players with a checkered past. Da'rick Rogers might be an idiot off the field but he is a hell of a player on it. There is no doubt in my mind that he has the talent to be a #1 type receiver. Good speed for his size, strong, can jump through the rough, solid hands, and good body control. If he gets his mind right he will be the best receiver from this draft.

3. Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas

I've seen several guys compared to Ray Rice but if anyone in this draft compares to him its Dennis Johnson for me. He may go before this pick because his 40 time turned a lot of heads. I'm not enamored with his 40 time though it's his running that did it for me. For such a small back he runs with a lot of power and has very good leg drive. He also a solid pass catcher out of the backfield. I know a lot of you guys aren't a fan of taking a runningback this high but as I said before I'm just trying to put in different prospects.

4. Chris Faulk, OT, LSU

Faulk would provide a good option as a 3rd OT in case either Saffold or Long get injured(something they both have been known to do). Also if Saffold decides to leave Faulk could start at that spot. That is actually his best position in the NFL in my opinion, some think he could be a full time LT but I don't think he quite has the feet for it to be a season long spot for him. He is a very talented play but only played one game last year and decided to come out early.

5. Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan

I'm personally not a big Denard Robinson fanboy like a lot of people are but I do like some of the skills he brings to the table. He is elusive and does bring good speed to the table but he really doesn't have a true position. Physically I think Corner is his best spot but I don't think he has the mindset for defense. Regardless he can return punt and kickoffs and go from there. A full season of being a full time receiver and he would look like a completely different guy than what we saw at the Senior bowl. He is certainly a playmaker and it's the coaches job to figure out the best way to get him the ball.

6. Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard

He isn't a huge playmaker at FB like a lot of people would like but he does have good hands and is a solid blocker. I really like him as a late round guy to fill our fullback spot.

I'll just skip the 7th round because it's midnight haha. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely be ok with Richardson should he fall even though its a bit of a luxury pick.

However I dont like the rest. Going back to back defense in the first seems like not the smartest approach considering how putrid our offensive production was last year-- not to mention we lost our 3 biggest offensive contributors no matter how average they were.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Richardson, Banks and Rogers pick, nice to see variation and I think both are viable options at the respective spots...

Not crazy about Johnson in the 3rd, I think it's too early for him...

Chris Faulk in the 4th could be the steal of the draft...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Richardson at 16, he's a monster and would be a steal. I would also be very happy with Jarvis Jones at 16 if he fell to us. He is a scary OLB, and I think Fisher would love to use him in a lot of packages.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of the Richardson pick, Rogers pick, and Faulk pick. The rest I'm not really feeling. Don't want Banks in first round personally.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Don't want Banks in first round personally.

Even as a FS option? He's better suited for that spot anyway...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Topram

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your thinking, in general. This is going to be a crazy draft, I think, because there is so much depth at so many positions. No telling who might fall to us at BOTH 16 and 22.

I would take DT Richardson with 16, hoping that Warmack or Cooper [G] would fall to us at 22.

If both guards are taken, then take a top safety.

If too many DTs are taken by 16, then take a guard at 16, followed by a safety at 22.

I like the DT pick because we could 'finish out' or Dline with a top pick. [Trade Langford] We could then stop the run and put pressure on the passer, helping out the LBs and back 4.

Guard is also essential, but I think Cooper has a good chance of falling to us at 22. Keeping Bradford upright is, IMO, more important than getting him more weapons in 2013. We still have 2 1st round picks next year.

If too much talent is already gone from these positions, then there should be an elite OLB for us in round 1.

I realize I am passing on WRs, but you have to make choices. Mine is to protect Bradford, so that he remains a viable Qb for many years; and improve our defense, in the most 'impactful' way possible.

Sorry people, improving the WR position by one lousy year ranks 3rd on my list.

Also, with these crucial additions, I think we would be in a much better position in 2014 to trade up to take an elite WR; in the same way Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones. WHo would you really trade up for at WR in 2013? Exactly my point!
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all with Richardson or Banks..Though the only way I'd take Richardson would be if Warmack and Austin were off the board

^El Ramster^
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Faulk would be a steal in the 4th round. I can understand the Banks pick also.

I don't see how Sheldon Richardson is differing from the norm. He's been in mocks by several different posters.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Chris Faulk would be a steal in the 4th round. I can understand the Banks pick also.

I don't see how Sheldon Richardson is differing from the norm. He's been in mocks by several different posters.

Yes he has but there has been a Tavon Austin or Chance Warmack spree for a while now. lol Several guys have had us taking Richardson though

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: