Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Poster Points and How They Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Bears Poster Points and How They Work Reply with quote

Note to Mods: I am posting this thread in order to reference via link in the various events I will be staging throughout the year. Feel free to lock this thread, as no replies are necessary. I simply wish to provide a link to the rules listed below, and as linking to a comment is impossible, this is the only solution.

2013 Standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArEZnMARtnkfdFI1eTJ2U1VIbkRmd3AwcFVsNVBQamc&usp=sharing

As I am planning on running/operating several Forum competitions per year, I would like to introduce the following new currency to the forums: Bears Poster Points. The "Forum Year" will start each year with March Madness. Preceding the NCAA tournament each year (traditionally in March), the points from the previous year will be tallied up, and the player with the most Bears Poster Points will be crowned Poster of the Year and receive a legendary, exclusive, personalized signature commemorating their leet-ness. The only way to earn Bears Poster Points is to participate in forum events run by yours truly, chisoxguy7. Points will be awarded in the following manner (points based on finish subject to change based on number of participants per event) :

Participate Actively for the FULL duration of a Forum Event/Game: 3 points
Top 10 Finish in any event (does not apply in addition to higher tiers): 2 bonus points
Top 5 Finish in any event (does not apply to higher tiers): 4 bonus points
3rd place finish in any event: 5 points
2nd place finish in any event: 7 points
1st place finish in any event: 10 points

There is always the possibility that some events may offer bonus Bears Poster Points based on the difficulty of the competition. Standings will also be updated in the thread for each competition.

A league year might look like this (SAMPLE: tentative and subject to change):

Beginning of Forum Year
NCAA Tournament/March Madness Challenge
NFL Draft Challenge
NHL Playoff Challenge
MLB Playoff Challenge
Bears Pick 'Em Challenge
Bears Postseason Pick 'Em Challenge
Offseason Predictions Game
End of Forum Year

There is, of course, no guarantees as to any of these events happening, and this is a sample. I would like to hold as many events as possible, as well as increase activity on the Bears forum. The overall year will be designed to test posters' knowledge across several sports, including football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, as well as some wildcard events, such as horse racing, or, in some years, the Olympics.

Also, should anyone else have an idea for a Bears Forum game, I'd love to hear it/help you operate it/make it part of this circuit of events. Please contact me via PM in this event.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: