Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Allen WR California

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Keenan Allen WR California Reply with quote

I have had a string gut feeling for the past week that Allen will fall to Baltimore and be our selection at 32. How would you guys feel about such a selection? To me he has the potential to be very good, if not a star, Allen was hindered by poor quarterback play in the regular season, and a knee injury during combine season, but he has good size, 6'2 205, and speed - 4.4-4.5 project, and he has demonstrated good hands and play making ability. He resembles AJ Green in the open field, they play with a similar glide, though he lacks Green's leaping ability and hands. I think he could make an excellent complement to Torrey Smith.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Allen, and if he falls to us, It'd be great. There are also some other nice WRs in this class. This is a nice class for WRs, we could also get someone like Wheaton, DaRick Rogers, or Quinton Patton in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Keenan Allen is the best receiver in this draft. If he fell to us I don't see how we could overlook him. To be honest I think we would have to trade up to 26 to get him because I can't see him getting past Houston at 27 unless Tavon Austin also falls.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been liking Allen more as the draft process has gone on. He's pretty far behind guys like Patterson and Austin in my rankings (I personally think both are fringe top 10 talents in this draft). I like Allen as a late first rounder, and I think his style of play would fit really well with who we've already got on the roster; I know there have been comparisons to Boldin by some. If he's the Ravens' BPA at 32 he'll be the pick but we'll see how the draft plays out and what values are there for us.

This is really the perfect year to have won the Super Bowl draft wise. Alot of the guys that will be picked around 32 have a chance to be just as good as those that are picked in the 5-10 range IMO.
Anubiz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Keenan Allen so badly. So, so, so badly.

I think Houston is going to take more of a vertical threat someone like Justin Hunter & not so much a guy like Allen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the gut feeling with regards to Keenan Allen, I think I stated the same thing a week or two ago... only I've recently raised the stakes, I think we're going to trade up and secure Allen as our player. I think we'll be that high on him.

I think the Minnesota Vikings are a team that's going to be looking for as many top 100 picks as possible.. and with this drafts depth along with them having pick #25, I think they'll be the perfect trading partners. Having a pick two spots later and 7 spots after that allows them to be a little more aggressive in playing their board.

So I see us trading up 9 spots to pick #23 and selecting Keenan Allen by giving up our 3rd round pick. The Vikings lose 54 points of value, but like I said between adding an extra top 100 pick and still having pick #25 in the first, they wouldn't be missing out too much. They should still have a shot at Hopkins and Te'O... two players I've seen linked to them in mock drafts.

And depending on how the board falls, I could see us trading up into the 2nd round if Te'O, Elam, or Cyprien falls far enough by giving up our 4th round selection. Or trading back into the 3rd round to add more trade ammo for later on... and then trading up multiple times in the 3rd and 4th rounds to get a falling player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: