Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Busted-Bracket mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Busted-Bracket mock Reply with quote

For fun, here's another mock with a month to go. Some new names.
The team has no glaring hole that it needs to fill after signing free agents for OG, WR, DT, CB, and ILB. I'd like more depth at WR, DT, RB, and QB.

1.28 Trade. Get an early 2nd and a 2014 3rd.
Matt Barkley is still on the board so a team trades up to get him at #28.
2.early Quinton Patton, WR
2.28 Phillip Thomas. S
3.28 Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE pass rusher
4.28 Marcus Lattimore, RB that rehabs for a few months
5.28 Josh Boyd, DT
7.28 Brad Sorensen, QB
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people want to draft Lattimore anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th round but I think that any team that drafts him any higher than the 6th round should fire their FO or whomever made that selection. Yes he was once the best college RB but now will have a hard time making a pro squad, IMO.
I also believe that Thomas and Jenkins are reaches in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
I also think we have bigger needs than WR and although I like Patton I think a CB would be a better investment.
Thanks for the mock.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansas bob wrote:
I also believe that Thomas and Jenkins are reaches in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

My guess is that both will go about in those ranges. Thomas was once regarded as a sure-fire 1st rounder but teams might be questioning his injury recovery. Jenkins was regarded as better than Werner and Carradine before his injury. Bad injuries for both dropped their rankings.

kansas bob wrote:
I think a CB would be a better investment.

My guess is that any drafted cornerback would not add much. The team currently has 6 CBs (Champ Bailey, Omar Bolden, Mario Butler, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tony Carter, Chris Harris). Adding one more will just mean one more is cut. I don't think the final roster will have more than 5.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB is absolutely in play. Mario Butler is of little importance. He has no space on this team. Tony Carter's spot is in trouble. If they can find a big CB that they want, he's getting drafted.

That being said, I love the Quinton Patton pick. Dude runs great routes and is a pretty underrated player by most on here I think. He would have a role in our offense for sure.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock would be good if it weren't so bad.
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt if anyone will give us a low 2nd and a 2014 3rd for the #28 pick but we can hope. I also doubt if Barkley will be on the board that late either?
Also why does so many people think Carter is a good CB that can't be replaced with a draftee? IMO Carter had a good game or two but isn't what I would call a GOOD CB!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansas bob wrote:
I seriously doubt if anyone will give us a low 2nd and a 2014 3rd for the #28 pick but we can hope. I also doubt if Barkley will be on the board that late either?
Also why does so many people think Carter is a good CB that can't be replaced with a draftee? IMO Carter had a good game or two but isn't what I would call a GOOD CB!
I would agree it would be nice to upgrade from Carter. It isn't necessarily a must, but if the board falls that way then you take the best player. I hope Bolden can step up in his second year.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Busted-Bracket mock Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
For fun, here's another mock with a month to go. Some new names.
The team has no glaring hole that it needs to fill after signing free agents for OG, WR, DT, CB, and ILB. I'd like more depth at WR, DT, RB, and QB.

1.28 Trade. Get an early 2nd and a 2014 3rd.
Matt Barkley is still on the board so a team trades up to get him at #28.
2.early Quinton Patton, WR
2.28 Phillip Thomas, S
3.28 Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE pass rusher
4.28 Marcus Lattimore, RB that rehabs for a few months
5.28 Josh Boyd, DT
7.28 Brad Sorensen, QB

To grade this mock, I'll be charitable and give it a 'C-'.
Broncos did pick a DT, RB, WR, pass rusher, and QB but not the ones I listed. After seeing two teams get little in trade for moving down, the Broncos stayed at #28. This year no team chased the QBs.

Quinton Patton, Phillip Thomas, and Marcus Lattimore went in the 4th round. Brandon Jenkins and Josh Boyd were picked in the 5th. Brad Sorensen was a 7th rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: