Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

More Weapons Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: More Weapons Mock Draft Reply with quote

1[20] WR Cordarrella Patteron [Tennessee] 6'2" 215lbs.

The Bears add a raw play maker with a rare blend of size, speed and ability to make plays in the open field. The Bears now have a coaching staff capable of developing offensive talent and Patterson could become an incredible weapon for the Bears. Patterson, Jeffery and Marshall will all take turns moving into the slot to take advantage of mismatches and exploit weaknesses. Imagine an offense where there are 3 weapons that are constantly moving around and do not give you the same look from play to play, defense will be scrambling to get their speed guy onto Patterson, their bigger CB onto Marshall and a safety over top of Patterson, meanwhile Jeffery probably gets a NB who he can physically destroy.

*Trade* The Bears trade 2[50] to the San Francisco 49ers for 2[61], 4[128] and 5[164]. The San Francisco 49ers select NT Jonathan Hankins [Ohio St].

2[61] C Brian Schwenke [Cal] 6'3" 314lbs.

The Bears secure an OG position with Sauson and they have young developing players at RG in Carimi and Brown. The Bears need to replace Roberto Garza and Schwenke has the athleticism, smarts and pass blocking skills to start day 1.

4[117] LB Sean Porter [Texas A&M] 6'1" 235lbs.

A tackling machine that has played all over for the Texas A&M defense and can develop at MLB and use his speed to cover the middle of the field.

4[128] CB Brandon McGee [Miami] 5'11" 193lbs.

A speed CB with starting potential and time to develop as he only has to play on special teams and in sub packages. McGee does not need to be ready to play till 2014 when the Bears make tough decisions about Tillman and Jennings.

5[153] DT William Campbell [Michigan] 6'5" 315lbs.

A big back up NT that has the size and power to pay run heavy teams and short yardage situations.

5[164] OG Nick Becton [Virginia Tech] 6'5" 323lbs.

A big former OT that has good athleticism for a man with his size that can provide depth at LG and challenge for the spot in 2013.

6[188] LB Brandon MaGee [Arizona St] 6'1" 233lbs.

A speed LB with great athletic ability that can develop at OLB and provide special teams depth.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, McCown
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Patterson, Bennett, Weems, Anderson
TE: Bennett, Maneri, Rodriguez
LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson, Becton
C: Schwenke, Garza
RG: Brown/Carimi
RT: Webb, Scott

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton, Collins
NT: Paea, Campbell
LE: Wootton, McBride
SLB: Anderson, Costanzo, Magee
MLB; D.J Williams, Porter
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, McGee, Frey, McManis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Zbikowski, Steltz
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope we would just take Hankins if he's there in the 2nd.
neo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Porter or Zaviar Gooden can come in a learn and develope. Patterson gives another weapon for Cutler to utilize. Plays like a slot wr with size to put Marshall/Jeffrey in the slot to create chaos for opposing defenses.

Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:
I like it. Porter or Zaviar Gooden can come in a learn and develope. Patterson gives another weapon for Cutler to utilize. Plays like a slot wr with size to put Marshall/Jeffrey in the slot to create chaos for opposing defenses.

I don't want to let this idea survive on the board. Patterson does not play like a slot WR. Right now, Patterson is a very talented but very raw perimeter guy.

I've said in the past that he'd be an intriguing guy to turn into a slot receiver, given that he has the speed and elusiveness of an Austin-type, but would also be a physical matchup problem given his size.

But let me say again, Cordarrelle Patterson has not really shown any ability to currently be able to play in the slot. Slot guys need to be solid route runners, good in traffic, and not timid when going over the middle; which at this point all happen to be weaknesses of his, albeit a result of rawness rather than inability.

I'm not the first to say it, but Patterson is the high-risk/high-reward playmaker in this draft.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long would it take for the casual fan to realize that Brandon McGee and Brandon Magee weren't the same guy?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonanzaHawk wrote:
neo wrote:

I don't want to let this idea survive on the board. Patterson does not play like a slot WR. Right now, Patterson is a very talented but very raw perimeter guy.

I've said in the past that he'd be an intriguing guy to turn into a slot receiver, given that he has the speed and elusiveness of an Austin-type, but would also be a physical matchup problem given his size.

But let me say again, Cordarrelle Patterson has not really shown any ability to currently be able to play in the slot. Slot guys need to be solid route runners, good in traffic, and not timid when going over the middle; which at this point all happen to be weaknesses of his, albeit a result of rawness rather than inability.

I'm not the first to say it, but Patterson is the high-risk/high-reward playmaker in this draft.

He is elusive to go with the speed so I think he has the ability to line up all over the place. If you watch him in space he makes a ton of people miss.

The nice part is you can mold him into what you want him to he like Randall Cobb who was taught to he a WR by the Packers the way they wanted him too.

The toughest thing for a defense to stop is when the WRs can move around and their is size and speed in different spots.

Defensively

-You cannot get your matchups
-You don't know where your safety needs to be.
-You have to use your LBs to cover underneath which means they are not blitzing.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: More Weapons Mock Draft Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1[20] WR Cordarrella Patteron [Tennessee] 6'2" 215lbs.

The Bears add a raw play maker with a rare blend of size, speed and ability to make plays in the open field. The Bears now have a coaching staff capable of developing offensive talent and Patterson could become an incredible weapon for the Bears. Patterson, Jeffery and Marshall will all take turns moving into the slot to take advantage of mismatches and exploit weaknesses. Imagine an offense where there are 3 weapons that are constantly moving around and do not give you the same look from play to play, defense will be scrambling to get their speed guy onto Patterson, their bigger CB onto Marshall and a safety over top of Patterson, meanwhile Jeffery probably gets a NB who he can physically destroy.

*Trade* The Bears trade 2[50] to the San Francisco 49ers for 2[61], 4[128] and 5[164]. The San Francisco 49ers select NT Jonathan Hankins [Ohio St].

2[61] C Brian Schwenke [Cal] 6'3" 314lbs.

The Bears secure an OG position with Sauson and they have young developing players at RG in Carimi and Brown. The Bears need to replace Roberto Garza and Schwenke has the athleticism, smarts and pass blocking skills to start day 1.

4[117] LB Sean Porter [Texas A&M] 6'1" 235lbs.

A tackling machine that has played all over for the Texas A&M defense and can develop at MLB and use his speed to cover the middle of the field.

4[128] CB Brandon McGee [Miami] 5'11" 193lbs.

A speed CB with starting potential and time to develop as he only has to play on special teams and in sub packages. McGee does not need to be ready to play till 2014 when the Bears make tough decisions about Tillman and Jennings.

5[153] DT William Campbell [Michigan] 6'5" 315lbs.

A big back up NT that has the size and power to pay run heavy teams and short yardage situations.

5[164] OG Nick Becton [Virginia Tech] 6'5" 323lbs.

A big former OT that has good athleticism for a man with his size that can provide depth at LG and challenge for the spot in 2013.

6[188] LB Brandon MaGee [Arizona St] 6'1" 233lbs.

A speed LB with great athletic ability that can develop at OLB and provide special teams depth.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, McCown
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Patterson, Bennett, Weems, Anderson
TE: Bennett, Maneri, Rodriguez
LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson, Becton
C: Schwenke, Garza
RG: Brown/Carimi
RT: Webb, Scott

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton, Collins
NT: Paea, Campbell
LE: Wootton, McBride
SLB: Anderson, Costanzo, Magee
MLB; D.J Williams, Porter
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, McGee, Frey, McManis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Zbikowski, Steltz
If they are conceding that they have no chance for the SB next year then this draft would be fine. My belief is they don't have much of a chance.

If they think they have a legitimate shot then they cannot draft a WR. It is rare that a rookie contributes in a major way or does anything other than learn their job or wind up on IR. They are not weapons for several seasons.

They really should not even think of WR until the 4th round.
blair18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have a problem with this. And I definitely don't think a draft turning out similar to this can only mean we're conceding that we can't make it to the SB. No, WRs don't contribute in the first year all that much, but making picks to add weapons is important for this team and its hard to find a guy that will Ever necessarily be an impact guy on offense when you take them in the Fourth.
Maybe, Patterson won't contribute a ton right off the bat, but i think its pretty unlikely this guy doesn't become a playmaker pretty quickly. I don't think he's that high of a risk really.
This draft adequately addresses our needs and has us picking up some really talented guys along the way.

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
blair18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not to say that I think this is a likely scenario at all. As things stand, if we stay put at 20...Warmack and Cooper, if they're there, one would have to be the pick.
If not, I see us first looking to LB/CB. Out of six Corners on the roster, one is signed through 2013. Plus, Neither starter is getting any younger.
Could be Trufant or Rhodes. I wouldn't be overly upset with either, BUT I do think this is a reallly deep class for Corners. Personally, I'd hold off until later.
If not a CB, Ogletree and Brown will get a lot of consideration if they're there.
All that said, is was quite surprised with Shea last year. So this could happen.

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: