Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I got paid to Mock on Easter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
It's alright, I expected the response. I also expect that if Mayhew were to make any of these selections this forum would be doing back flips Laughing

Especially Jamar Taylor and Margus Hunt, who I considered the focal points of this mock. They're a couple of the more promising but lesser watched prospects from this class.
Taylor looks like a corner we would draft. I'd be fine with him with our 3rd our maybe if we acquire an additional 2nd. Hunt not so much.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I like it. It's risky, but I like it. Not sure we should go DT that high and would probably prefer an OT in there somewhere. But overall I like what it does for our DBs and D Line. Also, I highly doubt Fredrick starts over Raiola.

I think Frederick would be starting before the season is over. I think Raiola will be on a short leash and if he struggles he will be gone. Considering his historic struggles in the run game and our investment in Bush it seems inevitable.

Our investment in Bush? You mean signing Jahvid Best replacement right? Not like they spent big bucks to get him...I hope Raiola is replaced for next year..but i think only Cooper, Barret Jones are capable... or Nagy (I hope he turns out be very good)
I like Frederick more than Barrett, his lower body is stocky and built to last. I think Barrett might be in for some durability issues, his lower body concerns me.

Me too. What I dont like about Barrett is, even though he excelled everywhere Bama placed him on the line, he was still moved all over the place. The only thing I can think of is because Saban and his staff continued to find better options at each of the positions, and putting him wherever the weakness was. Hes the jack of all trades, master of nothing type.... and big flop potential.
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I like it. It's risky, but I like it. Not sure we should go DT that high and would probably prefer an OT in there somewhere. But overall I like what it does for our DBs and D Line. Also, I highly doubt Fredrick starts over Raiola.

I think Frederick would be starting before the season is over. I think Raiola will be on a short leash and if he struggles he will be gone. Considering his historic struggles in the run game and our investment in Bush it seems inevitable.

Our investment in Bush? You mean signing Jahvid Best replacement right? Not like they spent big bucks to get him...I hope Raiola is replaced for next year..but i think only Cooper, Barret Jones are capable... or Nagy (I hope he turns out be very good)
I like Frederick more than Barrett, his lower body is stocky and built to last. I think Barrett might be in for some durability issues, his lower body concerns me.

Me too. What I dont like about Barrett is, even though he excelled everywhere Bama placed him on the line, he was still moved all over the place. The only thing I can think of is because Saban and his staff continued to find better options at each of the positions, and putting him wherever the weakness was. Hes the jack of all trades, master of nothing type.... and big flop potential.

I think about that sometimes as well and then I remember the championship game were it seemed like he often single teamed Louis Nix.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I don't think the Rams would think that Tavon Austin wouldn't get passed 5[/b]
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Meh its hard to see the reasoning behind it without being there. It could also be a case where they felt hed supplant the current starter there and the backup at the old spot was better than the current player where he was going. Not sure if I explained that correctly but thats why I was moved to OG my junior year. The starter at OG was worse than the backup at OT so they kicked me inside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: