Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos 2013 Private Workouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Patton and wouldn't be completely against using an early pick on him. Though, i don't see how he is both a now and future type of selection. With Thomas, Decker, Welker, Tamme, and Dreesen there isn't going to be a lot of footballs to go around. Unless there is an injury i don't think he is more than a 5th or 6th option in year #1.
Elstonsky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's just a pro-day work-out & not a private one, but I thought it was interesting that we sent our quarterbacks coaches to the Miami of Ohio proday workout to see QB Zac Dysert...

Quote:
Dysert (6-foot-3 1/8, 227 pounds) went through a positional workout led by 2000 Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke, who now trains quarterbacks (including 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton and current Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden). Dysert completed 54 of 64 passes in the workout, which is a good showing when you take into account the weather conditions. Dysert is a mid-round quarterback with a lot of upside, and it will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Why are the Broncos trying out Pirates? Do Pirates even play football?
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I like Patton and wouldn't be completely against using an early pick on him. Though, i don't see how he is both a now and future type of selection. With Thomas, Decker, Welker, Tamme, and Dreesen there isn't going to be a lot of footballs to go around. Unless there is an injury i don't think he is more than a 5th or 6th option in year #1.

While this is all true, with a Manning led offense, theres always enough footballs to go around. We've already gotten word that theres likely not going to be many 2 TE sets. I think Patton could step in and push Decker for some PT. At worst, he's the 4th WR and QUALITY depth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

While this is all true, with a Manning led offense, theres always enough footballs to go around. We've already gotten word that theres likely not going to be many 2 TE sets. I think Patton could step in and push Decker for some PT. At worst, he's the 4th WR and QUALITY depth.

What's distinguishes Patton from Wheaton and vice versa? To my hastily gained impression, they are always mentioned in the same breath.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
A Ron Dayne clone and a very good receiver who won't play because we have the best trio in the NFL.

He'll still play. Le'Veon Bell is not the Ron Dayne clone, by the way. Montee Ball is much more like Dayne.

Patton would be a pick for now and the future. I'd be ecstatic if we picked him.

A Big Back that doesn't play like a Big Back. I see Ron Dayne in Le'Veon Bell a lot. The only thing similar in terms of play with Ball and Dayne is they had great OL's.

Patton would be most likely the 5th or even 6th option if we drafted him.

Thomas, Decker, Welker, Tamme, Dresssen.

How is he a pick for now at all?

Not saying he's a bad player. Just someone who won't help much right now. And that is what this team is trying to do. Win now.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

What's distinguishes Patton from Wheaton and vice versa? To my hastily gained impression, they are always mentioned in the same breath.

Patton has tremendous catching abilities. Wheaton is a burner and doesnt offer as much in the intermediate routes. Patton wont stretch the field as much as Wheaton but he'll move the chains.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Lamonier is intriguing. He's quick off the edge and pound for pound one of the strongest guys. His size would still hurt him against the run. He also seems to lack backfield vision sometimes, where he can make a play but loses sight in the backfield.

If Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner are close to where we pick though, we have to get one of them.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elstonsky wrote:
I know it's just a pro-day work-out & not a private one, but I thought it was interesting that we sent our quarterbacks coaches to the Miami of Ohio proday workout to see QB Zac Dysert...

Quote:
Dysert (6-foot-3 1/8, 227 pounds) went through a positional workout led by 2000 Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke, who now trains quarterbacks (including 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton and current Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden). Dysert completed 54 of 64 passes in the workout, which is a good showing when you take into account the weather conditions. Dysert is a mid-round quarterback with a lot of upside, and it will be interesting to see where he gets drafted.

We don't have a 3rd quarterback on the roster after Hanie was let go. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Elway invest in a QB anywhere from rounds 5-7, try and develop that pick, and turn a profit on him. Its what the savvy front offices seem to be doing these days, and I wouldn't doubt Elway likes the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona will be taking an official visit to the Denver Broncos next week.

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/319950192969392128
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Quote:
Matt Scott/QB/Arizona will be taking an official visit to the Denver Broncos next week.

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/319950192969392128

Ill add him to the list. It looks like Denver could be targeting late round QB's to come in and compete.

Since making this post i've been scanning the web pretty regularly looking for players scheduled to workout for Denver and can't find a thing. Denver and a few other teams have 1 or 2 guys that are known to have worked out or are scheduled to workout, while many other teams have 10+.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched any of Matt Scott, but i know from watching the combine there was a lot of talk about how he is an interesting QB prospect.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I haven't watched any of Matt Scott, but i know from watching the combine there was a lot of talk about how he is an interesting QB prospect.

I really dont understand why were bringing him in for a visit.

This front office is so confusing to follow as an avid fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

Well, Denver does have an opening for a 3rd QB and i wouldn't have a problem if Denver used a 4th round pick or later on the position. If you're thinking about drafting a QB or picking one up even as a UDFA i think it's wise to have a good evaluation of them.

I have no problem bringing another young and talented QB onto the roster.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

The more successful franchises tend to draft QBs frequently either for depth or to develop and sell.

Add in the fact that we have a #3 QB opening on the roster and it shouldn't be that surprising for an "avid fan" that we are looking at QB prospects.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: