Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dave Lapham's Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Dave Lapham's Mock Reply with quote

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/3/29/4161190/2013-nfl-draft-dave-lapham-mocks-a-different-position-to-the-bengals

YES!! hahaha I would love this, but I know a lot of you wont -____-
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely won't happen. He'll be long gone by 21 anyway.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd essentially be a possession #2 WR. Not saying i'd be happy about it, but I wouldn't cringe. I'd rather have Allen or Hopkins.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be okay with Eiffert. I'm working on my 2nd mock (should post in the next day or two) and strongly considered him there.

I greatly prefer Hunter to Allen and Hopkins, however.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I would be okay with Eiffert. I'm working on my 2nd mock (should post in the next day or two) and strongly considered him there.

Hunter is taller and faster than either, but both of them do everything else better.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
wrminning

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! this team is do Solid(?) that it can use it's 1st round pick on a backup TE that can't block!!! I think I remember a TE like that, Coffman that couldn't make it on the field and we wasted a 3rd on him. What's Lap going to do with the second, draft a kicker?........ Glad he's not the real GM!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
He'd essentially be a possession #2 WR. Not saying i'd be happy about it, but I wouldn't cringe. I'd rather have Allen or Hopkins.

I for one would be cool with taking Eifert, just in the same way I wanted Jimmy Graham 2 (?) years ago, more of a slot receiver than a pure TE.

Lining up Green, Gresham and Eifert would give opponents some real match-up headaches.

Its all academic of course until we know how many million 'double cheesburger vouchers' Fatboy is going to try and screw out of Mikey boy.

Maybe Escobar in the 3rd maybe a better bet........

Last edited by LondonBengal on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Hokie wrote:

Hunter is taller and faster than either, but both of them do everything else better.

I think this is debatable at best. They're both better route-runners and more refined at this point than Hunter, but that's the only clear-cut advantage I see them having on him. Hunter is not only taller and faster, but far more explosive than either and has a better vertical than either.

Hopkins has limited upside, IMO. I don't want to use a 1st round pick on a guy I feel will never be more than a No. 2 in the NFL. Neither are quick off the line. I think both are slightly faster versions of Sanu, and that isn't what the Bengals need. The Bengals need a guy who can stretch the field opposite Green, and Hunter definitely has that ability. We need a big play-maker if we're going to draft a WR, not a "solid/steady" type of guy, IMO. We already have that in Sanu.

Hunter isn't a finished product and is only going to get better. I think he has the upside to be a top 10 WR in the league.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Hunter fits what we need more. but noone will have to develop into a true #1 here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: