Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine + Pro Day info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Texas Pro Day results

Quote:
Vaccaro hoped to solidify his status as the top safety in the 2013 draft class. Unfortunately, a hip flexor injury prevented him from attempting to improve on the 4.63 he ran in the 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. He was reportedly able to take part in position drills, in which he likely excelled just as he did at the combine. Not being able to show off his foot speed could hurt Vaccaro's draft stock, however, especially with FIU's Jonathan Cyprien nipping at his heels. Goodwin did not run the 40-yard dash, either, but probably did so by choice. He would have been hard-pressed to improve on the 4.27 he posted in Indianapolis. Goodwin showed off his explosiveness in other ways, however, posting an impressive 42-inch vertical leap according to defensive coordinator Manny Diaz.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/26/4149672/texas-pro-day-results-kenny-vaccaro-marquise-goodwin-alex-okafor

I'm pretty sure he's faster than that 40 time. I was surprised when he ran that. Hopefully not running pushed him down to the second to last pick in the first.
Cyrpien and Elam had good pro days. Idk about Reid though

Seems to me that Reid has been slipping on draft boards. I'm seeing a lot of talk about late second or possibly third round for him. Don't know how accurate that is though.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="oldman9er"]
Quote:
Stoneburner improved on his already fast 40-yard dash in Indianapolis, clocking in unofficially at 4.55 and 4.52 seconds in Columbus. At 6'3, 252 pounds, Stoneburner's frame doesn't fit the prototypical frame of a WR or a TE at the next level particularly well. That may not matter given how well he can run, however.

RT Reid Fragel also reportedly performed well. Though he did not run the 40, he did not shy away from showing off his physique during drills. Just as impressive, he reportedly put up 37 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press, improving on the 33 reps he put up at the combine.

DE John Simon reportedly put up 40 reps in the bench press. He did not work out in front of scouts Friday, however.

* this is from the 8th, but I couldn't remember if I had seen or posted it. Simon did workout for scouts recently, as I posted earlier *

Stoneburner is a really intriguing 6th round selection that I wouldn't mind. Tight ends are criminally under utilized in Ohio states offensive game plan, always have been, even under tressel. With that kind of speed, he'd create some solid mismatches along with VD, though I don't think his split time is great. He always seemed a little slow off the line. He's got pretty good hands and he can block pretty well. OSU lined him up in and out, so he's got some versatility there. He could definitely play a delanie role for us. He's not great at any one thing, but he's pretty solid all around.

Forge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric branch
@Eric_Branch

RT @AlbertBreer: Heard from 2 respected evaluators that ... S Eric Reid stole the show with a top-notch workout at LSU today. #49ers

That's actually very good for Reid because I think he was starting to fall behind some of the other safeties and slip on draft boards

***edit***

Just saw that someone had already posted this in the draft thread

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Forge"][quote="oldman9er"]
Quote:

Stoneburner is a really intriguing 6th round selection that I wouldn't mind. Tight ends are criminally under utilized in Ohio states offensive game plan, always have been, even under tressel. With that kind of speed, he'd create some solid mismatches along with VD, though I don't think his split time is great. He always seemed a little slow off the line. He's got pretty good hands and he can block pretty well. OSU lined him up in and out, so he's got some versatility there. He could definitely play a delanie role for us. He's not great at any one thing, but he's pretty solid all around.

Yeah, I would even be fine if we drafted him in the 5th.

___
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Quote:
Eric branch
@Eric_Branch

RT @AlbertBreer: Heard from 2 respected evaluators that ... S Eric Reid stole the show with a top-notch workout at LSU today. #49ers

That's actually very good for Reid because I think he was starting to fall behind some of the other safeties and slip on draft boards

***edit***

Just saw that someone had already posted this in the draft thread
It would really surprise me if Reid falls to the second round. If there are two safeties worth first round picks, they are Vacarro and Reid in my mind. If one of the two manages to get to #31, they are almost certainly the best value on board.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Recovered from his bruised hip flexor, Texas DE Alex Okafor ran forty times of 4.88 and 4.89 at the Longhorns' Pro Day.

The injury knocked Okafor out of the Combine, but he's healthy now. An early- to mid-round prospect, Okafor also posted a 36-inch vertical leap and 9-foot-4 broad jump. Okafor led the Big 12 conference with 12 sacks last season.

roto

Quote:
Okafor, who checked in at 6-foot-2 and 262 pounds, decided to keep his combine numbers on bench press of 21 times at 225 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 and 4.96 seconds. Okafor showed plenty of versatility in his four-year career at Texas. He spent his sophomore season at DT, earning eight starts and 3.5 sacks among his 28 total stops. He moved to the outside as a junior after the departure of seniors Eddie Jones and Sam Acho and became one of the more dominant DEs in the Big 12 over the next two season. As a senior, Okafor finished the season with 68 tackles, 18 tfl, 12.5 sacks, 20 QB hurries and four forced-fumbles despite a nagging ankle injury that limited his production late in the season. Hes hoping that versatility will help him garner more attention with more teams. A lot of teams want to see if I can switch to 3-4 backer, he said. Thats what a lot of these drills were for out there. I am confident in my athletic ability and I think I could make that switch if I had to.

ESPN Insider

___
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Forge"]
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Stoneburner improved on his already fast 40-yard dash in Indianapolis, clocking in unofficially at 4.55 and 4.52 seconds in Columbus. At 6'3, 252 pounds, Stoneburner's frame doesn't fit the prototypical frame of a WR or a TE at the next level particularly well. That may not matter given how well he can run, however.

RT Reid Fragel also reportedly performed well. Though he did not run the 40, he did not shy away from showing off his physique during drills. Just as impressive, he reportedly put up 37 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press, improving on the 33 reps he put up at the combine.

DE John Simon reportedly put up 40 reps in the bench press. He did not work out in front of scouts Friday, however.

* this is from the 8th, but I couldn't remember if I had seen or posted it. Simon did workout for scouts recently, as I posted earlier *

The more I look at his highlights the more he reminds me of Delanie - only with better hands.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
South Carolina S D.J. Swearinger ran forty times of 4.65 and 4.68 at the Gamecocks' Pro Day.

Swearinger ran 4.67 at the Combine, so his speed has been established. While Swearinger generated some late first-round love in early mock drafts, it's hard to imagine a safety with nearly 4.7 wheels going in the top-32 picks. He's likely a second-rounder. At 5'11/208, Swearinger is a big hitter.

roto

.. and what could always be somewhat relevant via trade situations or just pushing a better 1st rounder our way...

Matt Barkley throws at pro day

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/9105734/former-usc-quarterback-matt-barkley-pro-day

Quote:
There was interest in Barkley's progress from the injury since he did not work out in front of scouts at the Senior Bowl in January or throw at the NFL scouting combine in February. Yet, Barkley appeared crisp, completing 55-of-60 attempts during the rehearsed passing display. "He was impressive," Weinke said. "He showed off every throw that he's going to be asked to make in the National Football League. ... I always say there's no substitute for experience, and here's a guy who started eight consecutive years dating back to high school. Not only has this kid dealt with success, but he's also dealt with adversity. He's as well prepared for the NFL as any quarterback I remember coming out."

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo, Mathieu stand on combine times; Minter sparkles

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21960240/lsu-pro-day-mingo-mathieu-stand-on-combine-times

Quote:
Most of the top prospects like Barkevious Mingo and Tyrann Mathieu decided to stand on their times from the combine, but several other players were able to perform in front of several GMs and head coaches. Mathieu and Mingo participated in positional drills and both impressed throughout the afternoon. Afterward, they were also popular in interviews as well, with the Honey Badger spending extensive time with Tomlin and several of the other NFL assistant coaches on campus. CB Tharold Simon ran a 4.51 in the 40-yard dash at the combine and was able to improve that number at LSU's pro day with times in the 4.44-4.49 range. He also improved his short shuttle (4.41) and three-cone drill (7.00).

Lattimore shows encouraging signs, but still limited during pro day

Quote:
Although he isn't ready yet to take part in on-field drills such as the 40-yard dash, he did some indoor exercises for NFL scouts to demonstrate the progress of his knee. "(But scouts) were able to see me use my feet, use my knee and see that my knee is fine. It felt great, but I know I've got a lot of work to do and I need at least three or four more months before I put on some pads. I feel like my step-ups showed a lot, when I stepped up onto the box with my right leg. Just showing how stable it is, showing that it's still good and it's progressing." Lattimore said he has been sprinting recently, though not at full speed, and that he still hopes to play in the first half of next season. He will not have a personal pro day, but will go to Indianapolis next Friday and Saturday for a follow-up examination by NFL doctors. They first examined him at last month's combine in Indianapolis "Everything has been progressing perfect," he said. "I know I'll be back playing football, no doubt. One team is going to believe in me. I know that."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21960136/lattimore-shows-encouraging-signs-but-still-limited-during-pro-day

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: