Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DHB says the Lions are "very appealing"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I've been watching quite a few games from DHB the past few days and I must say, he's even better than I thought. He's not a superstar WR, but we don't need that anyway. He'd be a very solid #2 opposite Calvin. He's not just a speed guy either. He runs solid routes and Oakland has really moved him around, like Detroit has done with Calvin. His hands won't wow you, but they aren't nearly as bad as they were his first few years. I would LOVE to get him on our team to take over Burlesons role the next few years.

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Calvin Johnson/Ryan Broyles
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey
TE- Brandon Pettigrew/Tony Scheffler
SLOT- Reggie Bush/Ryan Broyles
RB- Mikel LeShoure/Reggie Bush/Joique Bell

With an improving OL.... Shocked

All I've gotta say is that that "improving OL" needs to improve. As it stands, it's substantially worse than last year's. We've added no one, and you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that losing three starters is a good thing. I might even be willing to spot you Reiff as an upgrade to one of those positions--which still shouldn't even be guaranteed since he's only ever played TE in the NFL--but we need help there, bad.
That's not accurate, he started at LT against the Houston Texans, and performed quite well.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
I've been watching quite a few games from DHB the past few days and I must say, he's even better than I thought. He's not a superstar WR, but we don't need that anyway. He'd be a very solid #2 opposite Calvin. He's not just a speed guy either. He runs solid routes and Oakland has really moved him around, like Detroit has done with Calvin. His hands won't wow you, but they aren't nearly as bad as they were his first few years. I would LOVE to get him on our team to take over Burlesons role the next few years.

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

All I've gotta say is that that "improving OL" needs to improve. As it stands, it's substantially worse than last year's. We've added no one, and you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that losing three starters is a good thing. I might even be willing to spot you Reiff as an upgrade to one of those positions--which still shouldn't even be guaranteed since he's only ever played TE in the NFL--but we need help there, bad.
That's not accurate, he started at LT against the Houston Texans, and performed quite well.

This. Not only that but I am quite certain we could easily replace gos and peterman. Dont sleep on fox either. Im not confident that he would step in and be an all star but I am confident that he would step in and do just as well as gos did.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

You're right, I forgot Backus actually missed a game.

theuntouchable wrote:
This. Not only that but I am quite certain we could easily replace gos and peterman. Dont sleep on fox either. Im not confident that he would step in and be an all star but I am confident that he would step in and do just as well as gos did.

Gos or Peterman, maybe. LT is another story and usually more important. The fact remains that there are still three offensive line vacancies and, at most, only one or two players who I think can credibly cover them. Maybe we have something in Nagy or Austin, but I think it's enough of a gamble to have Hilliard or Fox starting with Reiff, let alone one of them and another guy we've never seen.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

theuntouchable wrote:

Gos or Peterman, maybe. LT is another story and usually more important. The fact remains that there are still three offensive line vacancies and, at most, only one or two players who I think can credibly cover them. Maybe we have something in Nagy or Austin, but I think it's enough of a gamble to have Hilliard or Fox starting with Reiff, let alone one of them and another guy we've never seen.

It doesn't really matter whether we've seen them or not. The coaches watch these guys every day for a whole season and much of the offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

theuntouchable wrote:

It doesn't really matter whether we've seen them or not. The coaches watch these guys every day for a whole season and much of the offseason.
Was just going to say that

R.I.P. Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

theuntouchable wrote:

IMO Backus was given an ultimatum of retire or be cut. I could be wrong with that but I truly believe the lions FO told him that. Im pretty confident in Rieff and I think the organization feels the same. Nagy is a capable starter, at least on par with peterman. I think our line will look like this Reiff - Sims - Dom - Nagy - Fox. Is it a line to be excited about? No, but IMO the only possible downgrade would come from the Gos to Fox transition. Even then theres a good possibility he could perform just as well as Gos; which isnt saying much. That also doesnt even include looking at LT in the draft.

I actually feel pretty confident with our OL going into the year. It could be a conspirach theory but I truly think the FO fully believes in Reiff at LT.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- Darrius Heyward-Bey

theuntouchable wrote:

I'll say this- I trust our OL situation a whole hell of a lot more than our corner situation.
Tacos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he signs with you, he doesn't have the greatest hands but it should free up Calvin some. This offense is already scary with Bush and Megatron.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Hope he signs with you, he doesn't have the greatest hands but it should free up Calvin some. This offense is already scary with Bush and Megatron.
Thanks. Do you think his hands are as bad as some say, or do you think he's improved in that area?

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: