Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions 2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:

I actually really want Amerson. I think he is going to end up being one of if not the best CB in the draft. I also think he can be a really good S as well. I've really come around to him with our 2nd pick even.

Completely agree, at the very least I think he has the most potential of any CB in the Draft. He's a playmaker, something this defense sorely needs. Would love the Pick, which is why it won't happen. The Lions don't Draft good players unless they fall in their lap and they have no other choice but to pick them (Suh, Stafford, Fairly).
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
So this article from April 2011 talks about the local rule. I assume it is still the same now as it was then.

Quote:
each team may transport a maximum of 30 draft-eligible players to the team’s home city or another location for a one-day physical examination. These players cannot be timed and tested. Interviews and written tests may be conducted during the visit.

Quote:
Players who attend college or reside in a club’s “metropolitan area” can be given a physical examination without counting against the 30-player limit, unless the club provides transportation for the visit. Also, a player who attends college or whose hometown is in a club’s “metropolitan area” may be timed and tested at the club’s facility, as long as the club does not provide transportation.

Quote:
“Metropolitan area” is defined as contiguous suburbs. There isn’t a 25-mile, 50-mile, or any other type of mileage radius rule. The league office uses the 2011 Rand-McNally Road Atlas to determine the metropolitan area of a city.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/05/breaking-down-the-rules-regarding-pre-draft-rookie-visits/

Fisher's from Rochester, which is within 50 miles of Detroit, so if he plans on driving himself, then I guess he doesn't count.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

I actually really want Amerson. I think he is going to end up being one of if not the best CB in the draft. I also think he can be a really good S as well. I've really come around to him with our 2nd pick even.

Completely agree, at the very least I think he has the most potential of any CB in the Draft. He's a playmaker, something this defense sorely needs. Would love the Pick, which is why it won't happen. The Lions don't Draft good players unless they fall in their lap and they have no other choice but to pick them (Suh, Stafford, Fairly).
The problem with Amerson is that not only does he make plays for his team, he makes plays for the other team as well. He gets burned far too often for my liking. I'd rather have a CB that gives up no TD's and makes no plays than a guy who allows at least 1 TD for every INT.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

The problem with Amerson is that not only does he make plays for his team, he makes plays for the other team as well. He gets burned far too often for my liking. I'd rather have a CB that gives up no TD's and makes no plays than a guy who allows at least 1 TD for every INT.

DeAngelo Hall comes to mind when I think of Amerson.

1. Milliner
2. Trufant
3. Rhodes
4. Banks
5. Slay

1. Vaccarro
2. Cyprien
3. Swearinger
4. Elam

Those are the nine DB's I'd select before thinking about Amerson.
LionsGM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

1. Milliner
2. Trufant
3. Rhodes
4. Banks
5. Slay

1. Vaccarro
2. Cyprien
3. Swearinger
4. Elam

DeAngelo Hall is a good comparison, but it seems as if you are making it seem like a bad thing.

Hall has been selected to 3 Pro Bowls in his career, winning a Pro Bowl MVP in one of those games. He's also got nearly 40 Interceptions in his 10 year career, and has averaged 64 tackles per season, with at least 90 tackles in each of the last 3 seasons with at least 14 Pass Deflections and a combined 13 INTs over the past 3 years.

Hall has also signed 2 very lucrative contracts in his career aside from his rookie deal including a $70m contract including $24m guaranteed and a $55m contract including $24m guaranteed, albeit both are regarded as two of the worst contracts in NFL history, and both were cut short and he's currently a free agent.

Hall, 5'10" 190 was selected 8th overall in 2004.

I think I'd take a 6'1" 205 pound 22 year old DeAngelo Hall in the 2nd round of the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amerson will be lucky to reach Hall's level though. He won't be able to prey on NFL QB's like he did in college.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsGM wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

1. Milliner
2. Trufant
3. Rhodes
4. Banks
5. Slay

1. Vaccarro
2. Cyprien
3. Swearinger
4. Elam

DeAngelo Hall is a good comparison, but it seems as if you are making it seem like a bad thing.

Hall has been selected to 3 Pro Bowls in his career, winning a Pro Bowl MVP in one of those games. He's also got nearly 40 Interceptions in his 10 year career, and has averaged 64 tackles per season, with at least 90 tackles in each of the last 3 seasons with at least 14 Pass Deflections and a combined 13 INTs over the past 3 years.

Hall has also signed 2 very lucrative contracts in his career aside from his rookie deal including a $70m contract including $24m guaranteed and a $55m contract including $24m guaranteed, albeit both are regarded as two of the worst contracts in NFL history, and both were cut short and he's currently a free agent.

Hall, 5'10" 190 was selected 8th overall in 2004.

I think I'd take a 6'1" 205 pound 22 year old DeAngelo Hall in the 2nd round of the draft.

I would definitely agree with that. Hall gets a bad rep for getting burned but he has had some pretty bad over the top help as well.

Had a few shots with Dhall just after he came into the league. Pretty cool guy too.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amerson has all the talent in the world, you say he gets burned too often, well maybe that's true but that's what good coaching is supposed to eliminate with a player that has the physical ability to do anything on the field, Amerson has that. He's shown the playmaking ability, something that the Lions simply don't have enough of on the defensive side of the ball, now you need the Coaches to teach him better technique in coverage, he has the ability talent wise to become a very good cover corner. All corners get burned, it's up to the player to work hard and the coaches to develop that players talent to limit the amount of times they get burned. In terms of raw ability there is no CB in this Draft with more potential IMO.

I still think he's going to end up better than most, if not all of the guys on that list you posted as well, because he'll probably get Drafted by a smart team that will develop his skills. There are only 4 CB's I'd pick over Amerson, only based on them being safer picks, not based on raw ability/potential, that's Milliner, Trufant, Rhodes and Banks. And he definitely has the ability to be better than ANY of those 4. I wouldn't pass him over for any other CB in this Draft, if he is there in the 2nd Round that would be a great pick IMO.
spurlock84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan Ryan i think could be the steal corner in this draft, he creates turnovers comes up and tackles can play man zone, he is fast, quick in tight spaces, hes my sleeper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90
Page 90 of 90

Jump to: