Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Secondary Effect of Calvin's Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeattleLionFan wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Well, let's not pretend that we signed any stars this offseason. Reggie Bush is a big name more for what he did at USC (both on and off the field) than what he's done in the NFL. His popularity is more that of a celebrity than a football player to be honest, with the whole Kim Kardashian thing too (why she is famous still baffles me to this day, but you get my point.) I will give him credit where credit is due, he's become a really solid starting RB but he's not elite by any means.

I think Reggie has had limited success is mainly because he hasn't really been in the right system...yes, I said it, the dreaded "S" word! Shocked

I agree that Reggie does not have the talent to be a running back that can carry a team...but I look to the Rams and how they utilized a similar player in Marshall Faulk and because he was in that system, he became a superstar. I know that he had relative success with the Colts but how Martz used him just put him on the map.

While I wouldn't ever want to see Martz back on the Detroit sidelines, I just wonder what he thinks of the talent we have now.

Reggie has been the Dolphins' best offensive player over the last two years. Not that they've been a good team, but they did do better than we did last year. He demonstrated he can be an every-down back if need be, and we don't even need him to do that.

Faulk on the other hand. . . Faulk is sick. He's the engine that drove the Greatest Show on Turf. Not that Bruce or Holt weren't elite players at the time, but that offense would not have been what it was without Faulk. Bush is no Faulk, and we all know that, but he is the same type of player and he could have the same type of effect on this team. But for us, our real weapon is Calvin, not the halfback.

I certainly wouldn't put us in the same category as the turn of the century Rams, but our offense could look pretty similar if all goes according to Hoyle. We did have a top five offense by just about any measure in 2011. We're still going to need help on the o-line, but we could get back to that same level if we can.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: