Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign former Panthers LB James Anderson to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson is supposed to be on ESPN 1000 w/ Waddle and Silvy in a couple minutes.

EDIT: Well if you missed it you really didn't miss it. J Hood and Fred sitting in. Epitome of dull.

As for actual content he plans to play outside and he is healthy. Moving on.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
With this deal plus DJ Williams the Bears might have a better LB core than last year. Lach was a great player and a sure fire Hall of Famer but he was average last season. If the Bears get the DJ Williams before the suspensions there is no reason they shouldnít be better at LB next year.
Let's not go overboard about a couple of marginal, risky signings.
Welcome aboard time to get your fair share of abuse. Wink

No offense taken by any means but I donít really think it too outlandish. Lach was a shell of his former self last season. If we get the DJ of two years ago it could very well be a upgrade. DJ is still only 30 or 31. It getting up there but itís still not unthinkable that he could bounce back at that age. Plus he strikes me as a guy who needs a change of scenery.
What Urlacher lacked in physical ability he compensated for with experience and knowledge of our defense. We can replace him physically but that is not the most important factor, rather it is replacing his coordination of the defense. He was not a "shell" of himself in that regard.

Expecting this guy to much more than just play ok is reaching. He seems to be a mental case if his past actions are any indicator and, if so, we definitely cannot expect him to take over the defense.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
For me we need the following from our 5 picks,

-A starting OG.
-A high potential LB.
-A high potential CH.
-A developmental C
-A developmental NT

If we get more

-A developmental DE
-A developmental LB
-A developmental speed WR

Or just take the best guys on the board and make the whole team better.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
For me we need the following from our 5 picks,

-A starting OG.
-A high potential LB.
-A high potential CH.
-A developmental C
-A developmental NT

If we get more

-A developmental DE
-A developmental LB
-A developmental speed WR

Or just take the best guys on the board and make the whole team better.
In almost every case there are 4-6 players who are equivalents. There is no precisely calculated ability scale which can distinguish between players. These are gross estimates.

So when there are choices we need to make ours OG, LB, C, CB and WR.
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
With this deal plus DJ Williams the Bears might have a better LB core than last year. Lach was a great player and a sure fire Hall of Famer but he was average last season. If the Bears get the DJ Williams before the suspensions there is no reason they shouldnít be better at LB next year.

No offense taken by any means but I donít really think it too outlandish. Lach was a shell of his former self last season. If we get the DJ of two years ago it could very well be a upgrade. DJ is still only 30 or 31. It getting up there but itís still not unthinkable that he could bounce back at that age. Plus he strikes me as a guy who needs a change of scenery.
What Urlacher lacked in physical ability he compensated for with experience and knowledge of our defense. We can replace him physically but that is not the most important factor, rather it is replacing his coordination of the defense. He was not a "shell" of himself in that regard.

Expecting this guy to much more than just play ok is reaching. He seems to be a mental case if his past actions are any indicator and, if so, we definitely cannot expect him to take over the defense.

We no longer are running the exact same defense. New coordinator and offensive minded HC. I believe we won't lose a step when it comes to our LB's.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

We no longer are running the exact same defense. New coordinator and offensive minded HC. I believe we won't lose a step when it comes to our LB's.

Bingo. I expect more exotic fronts, blitzing linebackers, and overall aggressiveness.

Lovie/Rod went to playing a lot more man coverage as the years went on, I don't expect that to change.
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing a lot better than than the D.J Willliams one.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
I like this signing a lot better than than the D.J Willliams one.
Why?
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.J is older and has gotten into a lot of trouble off the field. I'm not a believer that off the field stuff is that important but he did so many stupid things.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: