Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flood's latest 2013 Saints draft.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Flood's latest 2013 Saints draft. Reply with quote

Round 1, pick 15: Jarvis Jones [OLB; Georgia]
Most of us knew Jones wasn't going to "wow" anyone with his physical workouts, but very few of us thought he'd run in the 4.9s. After a poor showing at his pro day, Jones slides down to 15 where the Saints select him with no second thoughts. Jarvis is a playmaker that the Saints desperately need on their defense, and should be able to make an impact from day one.
NFL Comparison: Bruce Irvin (NFL.com)

Round 3, pick 75: Kyle Long [OT; Oregon]
What do Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram, Nick Toon, and Kyle Long all have in common? All of their father's played in the NFL. The Saints don't stop the trend here. Long is a versatile lineman that was able to play multiple positions at Oregon under Chip Kelly. His versatility will give us some flexibility and depth along the offensive front.
NFL Comparison: Brandon Albert (NFL.com)

Round 4, pick 109: Kenny Stills [WR; Oklahoma]Payton had to get himself a toy sooner or later. Stills is another player with an NFL pedigree, and has a great first step off the line. He has great ball skills, and does a good job adjusting to balls thrown to a certain spot. With 4.38 speed, Stills would give us another deep option aside from Joe Morgan.
NFL Comparison: Andre Roberts (NFL.com)

Round 5, pick 144: William Gholston [DE; Michigan State]Low risk, high reward type pick here in the fifth round. Gholston was viewed as a preseason first round pick, but has taken quite a fall after a disappointing season. At 6'6" 280 lbs, Gholston has all the tools to be a successful defensive lineman in the NFL. Hopefully Ryan can teach him a thing or two, and he can become a dominant force on our defensive front.
NFL Comparison: Cory Redding (NFL.com)

Round 6, pick 187: Adrian Bushell [CB; Louisville]
Pure depth pick here. Bushell should be able to come in and compete for the Dime CB role. He possesses good length for his size, is good in run support, and was used a lot as a blitzer in college.
NFL Comparison: Tramon Williams (NFL.com)

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
spanky3801

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jamie Collins (if Dion Jordan is gone).
3. D.J. Fluker
4. Eric Reid
5. William Gholston
6. Tyler Bray
7. Tyrann Matheiu
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy do we need to fix our tackle situation. But assuming we do this is a great year to need an elite 3-4 pass rusher.

Jones, Jordan, Collins, Mingo, and Werner would all be excellent picks. The Victor Butler signing makes SOLB slightly less of a need than before...but I still think that Jones, Jordan, and Collins would offer the most versatility. But maybe the Saints feel that they have time to develop Mingo or Werner with Wilson, Galette, Butler, and Hawthorne all at least capable of playing OLB. Butler was a huge signing.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy do we need to fix our tackle situation. But assuming we do this is a great year to need an elite 3-4 pass rusher.

Jones, Jordan, Collins, Mingo, and Werner would all be excellent picks. The Victor Butler signing makes SOLB slightly less of a need than before...but I still think that Jones, Jordan, and Collins would offer the most versatility. But maybe the Saints feel that they have time to develop Mingo or Werner with Wilson, Galette, Butler, and Hawthorne all at least capable of playing OLB. Butler was a huge signing.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some comments are better than none, but you guys didn't really say anything about the mock Laughing

Adopt-a-Saint
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Jones pick.

Not a huge fan of the Long pick, but you are right about the NFL bloodlines and the Saints. Still would prefer a better player at this pick, like Brandon Williams, NT from Southern Missouri.

I like the Stills pick. Maybe even a guy like Marquess Wilson in a later pick.

I like the Gholston pick, good depth pick, possible stud in the future if he learns to play with more intensity/consistency.

Bushell, don't know much about him, but if he can play then take him. Might also look at Johnny Adams as an option. Once though of as a guaranteed 1st round pick, fell this year and will still be damn good option if still around.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I like the Jones pick.

Not a huge fan of the Long pick, but you are right about the NFL bloodlines and the Saints. Still would prefer a better player at this pick, like Brandon Williams, NT from Southern Missouri.

I like the Stills pick. Maybe even a guy like Marquess Wilson in a later pick.

I like the Gholston pick, good depth pick, possible stud in the future if he learns to play with more intensity/consistency.

Bushell, don't know much about him, but if he can play then take him. Might also look at Johnny Adams as an option. Once though of as a guaranteed 1st round pick, fell this year and will still be damn good option if still around.

That's more like it Laughing Thanks for the comment.. Went with what would make sense, not necessarily who I'd want. Only picks I'd love out of all of them is Jones and Gholston.

Adopt-a-Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
1. Jamie Collins (if Dion Jordan is gone).
3. D.J. Fluker
4. Eric Reid
5. William Gholston
6. Tyler Bray
7. Tyrann Matheiu

What in the hell makes you think Eric Reid will be in the 4th round? Laughing 2nd round pick AT WORST. Mathieu in the 7th? Laughing Fluker will be a 2nd round pick, your mock draft is completely off and funny.

As for FLOOD's, Laughing, awesome job man. I like most of it.

krewebrees

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about Bushell, but love the first four picks. Jones is my number one pick in the draft, that we could realistically get. I like the Long pick if available, not sure if he will still be there with our pick, but I think he can defenatly create some competition. Gholston is a solid pick. But dat boy Stills

Stills is my favorite mid-round pick. I don't think we need a WR, but I don't think it would hurt. If we get a WR in this draft he is who I want for where we would get him, I think he is the best. Meaning Patterson and Austin are first round picks, stills is 4th 5th if lucky, they aren't that much better than him.

So yeah I want Stills.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints trade the 15th pick, 109th pick, CB Jabari Greer and a undisclosed 2014 draft pick to the Titans for the 10th overall pick.

1.10: OT Lane Johnson; Oklahoma
Gives Saints elite blindside protector for Brees for the remainder of his career.

3.75: NT Brandon Williams; Missouri Southern
Bunkley is a high priced undersized NT, Williams could make him expendable after this season.

Saints trade RB Chris Ivory to the St. Louis Rams for the 113th pick.

4.113: SS TJ McDonald; Southern Cal
See Brandon WIlliams, same goes for McDonald and Harper.

5.144: RB Marcus Lattimore; South Carolina
Saints replace Ivory with Lattimore and bring him along slowly in 2013.

6.183: CB Sander Commings; Georgia
After signing Nnamdi in FA, Saints take a young big press corner here to groom behind him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Hypnotic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Jarvis Jones and Kenny Stills picks. I could see Stills being a Meachem type reciever for us who could get about 40-50 catches per year. It was also interesting how you pointed out the Saints love for second generation players, never realized we had that many on the team.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that would make me more upset then us drafting an OT would be us trading up for one

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Saints trade the 15th pick, 109th pick, CB Jabari Greer and a undisclosed 2014 draft pick to the Titans for the 10th overall pick.

1.10: OT Lane Johnson; Oklahoma
Gives Saints elite blindside protector for Brees for the remainder of his career.

3.75: NT Brandon Williams; Missouri Southern
Bunkley is a high priced undersized NT, Williams could make him expendable after this season.

Saints trade RB Chris Ivory to the St. Louis Rams for the 113th pick.

4.113: SS TJ McDonald; Southern Cal
See Brandon WIlliams, same goes for McDonald and Harper.

5.144: RB Marcus Lattimore; South Carolina
Saints replace Ivory with Lattimore and bring him along slowly in 2013.

6.183: CB Sander Commings; Georgia
After signing Nnamdi in FA, Saints take a young big press corner here to groom behind him.

Laughing

Johnson will be gone by the Cards, c'mon man. And we dont need to give all that up to jump 5 spots for a TACKLE.

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know the answer, but how often has a draft day trade included a player? Isn't it pretty much exclusively picks? There's not really enough time to trade players during the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I honestly don't know the answer, but how often has a draft day trade included a player? Isn't it pretty much exclusively picks? There's not really enough time to trade players during the draft.

Randy Moss and Javon Walker come to mind...Moss might've been an offseason one actually, but Walker was definitely moved mid draft.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: