Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6 round mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B41098

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to give the browns a WR in the 1st I would rather have Austin over Patterson . The other picks are decent
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
Sorry man but its pretty awful for Philadelphia.

Ogletree in the second round is a bad pick. Tyler Wilson following him ruined it completely.

Thats my fault....I can't help but think you guys are still a 4-3 defense.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Atlanta draft. Nice job.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Raves wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Raves wrote:
Quote:
1 15 New Orleans LB *Jarvis Jones

Good pick

Quote:
3 13 New Orleans MID/G *Travis Frederick

Bad pick. Doesn't fill a need at all. Look at Brandon Williams, NT Southern Missouri or even Bacarri Rambo, S Georgia here. Preferably Williams but both work as picks here and are going later in the same round

Quote:
4 12 New Orleans OT *Chris Faulk (injured)

Good pick, OT is definitely more of a need.

Quote:
5 11 New Orleans TE Travis Kelce (injured)

Not a bad pick, TE depth is a need, but not huge. Better picks would be a press man CB, S, ILB, deep threat WR, or even another OT like Reid Fragel as our depth at the position is ok with two late round picks, but one is always injury prone, other is project, and another could easily end up inside once Jahri Evan's time is up.

Quote:
6 15 New Orleans RB Theo Riddick

Repeat previous pick. Saints don't need another RB, we already have so many that we can't find enough carries for all of them.

Thanks man....Had it marked and everything that NO was moving to a 3-4 and still failed to get them a NT.

NT isn't a huge need as Hicks is capable of playing both NT and DE, but we need to address the DL as outside of Hicks and Jordan, we have almost no 3-4 DL, Bunkley is ok at NT, but he's not going to do it for us in the long run if Hicks play DE as well.

Some DE/OLB tweener types?

You gave us that in the 1st with Jones which is a great pick as that let's Martez Wilson play both ILB and OLB since we just signed Victor Butler as additional depth, but we are still thin on true ILB type depth as well on the DL. Currently we have Cameron Jordan and Alien Hicks that are longterm solutions, Jordan strictly DE while Hicks is a DE/NT similar to jay Ratliff. Our depth/other guys are Broderick Bunkley than can play NT but is limited, Will Smith who likely will be a 3rd down DE with Hicks moving to NT, and Tom Johnson who will be a DE that was a former 7th round or UDFA DT. So anywhere on a 3-4 DL would be ideal. Truthfully if you end up adding trades, trading back and drafting Jonathan Hankins then getting a DE/OLB in the second like Jamie Collins could be ideal as in the 3rd we could look at safety depth.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
I can see the argument that Buffalo needs to fix the line with the departures of Levitre and Rinehart. Still, with Joeckel and Fisher off the board, I'd rather just take Warmack. You'd plug the hole directly, get a better player even if at a lower need position, and not have to shuffle players out of the positions they spend a year or more playing and learning.

I would have to agree with this, also Dion Jordan would possibly be the pick at 8.

Bills also badly need another WR. IMO more to then LB.

What round would you be looking for receiver? 3rd?

As the other two have said I dont know if we would look for a replacement at guard that early. I think they like some of the young guys on the roster. WR and LB are the biggest needs after QB. WR should no doubt be a type 3 rd pick. We currently have Stevie, TJ Graham, Marcus Easley, and Brad Smith as WR's plus Scott Chandler could be out for a while as he recovers from his ACL injury. We need to add some weapons to the offense, the DT/CB picks could most likely wait.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Werner in the 1st but give us Jesse Williams in the 2nd and Warford in the 3rd. Werner rotates in at DE his 1st year and Williams gives us a great run stuffer with potential out of this world. Warford gives us a starting RG we need. Change the Stills pick to Swearinger to give us a safety for the future. If you want to give the Titans, give them Lattimore. No need for another adapt with the repick of Williams in the 2nd, so give us Jeff Baca.
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RND # TEAM Pos. Player

1 6 Cleveland WR *Cordarrelle Patterson
WR is not one of the biggest needs on the Browns and I personally am not sold on Patterson as a top 10 pick. Players I would rather take at this point that are on the board are Rhodes, Jordan, Warmack and Jones. If they trade down to the 12-15 range I could see taking Patterson although only if I thought he was BPA at that point.

3 6 Cleveland TE *Zach Ertz
I think we could use a TE on the team at Ertz could be the guy. Others I like in this spot are Robert Alford, Larry Warford, Brian Winters, Vance McDonald and Bacarri Rambo.

4 7 Cleveland CB Leon McFadden
McFadden is okay and the Browns could use a CB although I would prefer they get one earlier such as Rhodes or Alford. I think it would be DJ Swearinger as the pick here if they have already gotten themselves a CB.

5 6 Cleveland DE *William Gholston
I do not think they will take a DL in the draft unless someone falls into their lap and Gholston to me has all the physical tools but is a big risk too. Just not sold on him. Looking at your board I see Travis Kelce sitting there and he would be perfect in the Chud/Turner offense. That is who I would like the pick to be at this point.

6 5 Cleveland QB Zac Dysert (injured)
Dysert is a possibility at this spot if they want to add another QB to the mix but I do not see it a t this point. I could see one of the kickers, either Hopkins or Sturgis being taken by the Browns in the 6th round as they lost Dawson.

6 7 Cleveland CB Josh Johnson
I would prefer they fill the hole at FB here with Kyle Juszczyk out of Harvard.

My picks if the draft fell this way would be as follows:

Xavier Rhodes - CB
Larry Warford - OG
DJ Swearinger - FS
Travis Kelce – TE
Dustin Hopkins – K
Kyle Juszczyk - FB

While not terribly sexy picks I think they would address needs with players that would all be potential starters with some upside.
broadwayjoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Jets Draft Reply with quote

Here's the positive.. you have the Jets getting some quality players, filling some needs like Guard and LB, and no QB's in this draft. Great. The downside is that you have them taking quite a few LB's and few difference makers on offense. They do need a pass rusher LB but i cannot see them taking another Dlineman in the 1st round. That would be 3 years in a row. Also they do not need another corner. They are already stocked with corners. Now if Revis gets traded then they need one but this mock does not include trades so i would have put a Tackle or TE or WR in the 2nd round. Perhaps if they don't trade down they take Austin 1st and grab their OLB in the 2nd rd with Collins.. just a thought.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson doesn't make sense

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft for Denver

Props to Jamison on the sig
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes

RD1 is good but could be better...Would go WR Allen and LB Brown..2 of our 3 biggest needs

RD2 Is an odd choice...great prospect but not one i think our GM would make(could happen)..our GM wants line continuity so i dont see him grabbing OL early..would rather see DT or CB..CB Logan Ryan looks like a solid fit in our secondary.

RD3 Not big on S Thomas and our GM likes our safeties even though i think we need an upgrade...DT Brandon Williams would be a solid fit

RD4a I dont think its a need at all but with the signing of Cassel, but he might be gone after one year so I'll let it pass.

4b - is ok..could also go DE or G/T combo as a swing player..I believe our GM is high on OT Brennan Williams UNC

RD 5 is a waste of a pick unless we get rid of Gerhart..would be good value there though...would rather spend it on another WR like Boyce TCU

RD 6 is fine as he can backup center..but would rather go developmental DE as we have 3 de's with expiring contracts after this year and 2 will be retained for sure...DE Buchanon Illinois looks interesting.

Just a side note..you dont have CB DJ Hayden at all in your mock..he is being talked about as an early 2nd RD CB..just to let you know.

RD1 WR Allen/ LB Brown
RD2 CB Ryan
RD3 DT B. Williams
RD4 QB Bray/OT B. Williams
RD5 WR Boyce
RD6 DE Buchanon

If you get to RD 7 i wouldnt mind seeing a 3rd down type RB with return abilities.....maybe OLB depth, Safety, OG depth, or another CB...we have 3 picks in RD 7, use them wisely.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard to the Raiders in the 3rd over Le'Veon Bell????

Oh hell naw. Your mock is dead right there. Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, at least the Geno part

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well where do I begin? Do you even know the Bucs needs?? To wait till the 3rd to draft CB is dumb. To draft 2 lbs when we have David and Foster. No néed to draft a Safety since we have Barron and Goldson. Only pick I like is the 6 th rounder Ace Sanders
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks for all the feedback from everyone. Finalizing my latest mock draft and should have it posted shortly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: