Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Something Different Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: The Something Different Mock Reply with quote

1.31- FS Eric Reid (LSU)
2.34- OT Terron Armstead (Arkansas-Pine Bluff)
2.62- TE Vance McDonald (Rice)
3.74- WR Ryan Swope (Texas A&M)
3.93- DE Quinton Dial (Alabama)
4.128- DT Montori Hughes (Tennessee-Martin)
4.131- CB Steve Williams (California)
5.157- MLB Kevin Reddick (North Carolina) **possibly need to trade up here**
5.164- QB Jeff Tuel (Washington State)
6.180- DB Jakar Hamilton (South Carolina State)
7.227- TE Zach Sudfeld (Nevada)
7.237- OLB Quanterus Smith (Western Kentucky)
7.246- DE Craig Roh (Michigan)
7.252- DB Rashaan Melvin (Northern Illinois)

Can't wait for the critique Wink

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one of the best O-lines in the league and we use our second pick on an OT? We have three guys capable of starting at OT. Its kind of a waste of a pick (although I do like Armstead as a prospect).

I really like Reid and McDonald. I think they'll both end up pretty good players. Swope would be good pick, if he didn't have those concussion issues. I'm not too big a fan of Dial, especially that early. Quanterus Smith is my next favorite pick.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
We have one of the best O-lines in the league and we use our second pick on an OT? We have three guys capable of starting at OT. Its kind of a waste of a pick (although I do like Armstead as a prospect).

I really like Reid and McDonald. I think they'll both end up pretty good players. Swope would be good pick, if he didn't have those concussion issues. I'm not too big a fan of Dial, especially that early. Quanterus Smith is my next favorite pick.

It's something different and as I did last year I'm just having fun in trying to look at all angles. No one saw us going RB in the 2nd round last year with the depth we had there. And yes Boone could start at OT, but then we trust Looney to step in at RG. A guy like Armstead could play L or R tackle for us and has his time to grow with us, not to mention he could out play Davis and upgrade the RT position, or he seems to have the talent to perhaps even take over at LT in the future and possibly give us cap relief from Staley. To me he is a guy that we could see as way too good of value to pass up and I see it as a possibility.

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

It's something different and as I did last year I'm just having fun in trying to look at all angles. No one saw us going RB in the 2nd round last year with the depth we had there. And yes Boone could start at OT, but then we trust Looney to step in at RG. A guy like Armstead could play L or R tackle for us and has his time to grow with us, not to mention he could out play Davis and upgrade the RT position, or he seems to have the talent to perhaps even take over at LT in the future and possibly give us cap relief from Staley. To me he is a guy that we could see as way too good of value to pass up and I see it as a possibility.

James gave us something we didn't have at RB though, a game breaker. We didn't have anybody on the roster at the time, who could be called such. Staley's signed through 2017 or something ridiculous like that and he's signed to a team friendly deal. If we want to upgrade at RT from Anthony Davis, we have Boone who's proven to be capable at LT when Staley's been injured. Again, I like the player, but I just don't see the fit.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your mocks. We do need a tackle. Not necessarily to upgrade ad but because we have 2 tackles on our team. You can count Boone but he's our starting guard.
I agree we need a tackle and I like the player but it's too early there. But we told you the same thing about h smith last year hahah.

I'm a fan of Steve Williams too. He's going to be in my next mock. Nfln screwed his 40 time badly. It's updated on draft scout now. He ran a 4.36 and tested well in everything. I think with a year he would step up as our nickel. Idk if he returns though?

Good mock.

new sig... sorry alex
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

James gave us something we didn't have at RB though, a game breaker. We didn't have anybody on the roster at the time, who could be called such. Staley's signed through 2017 or something ridiculous like that and he's signed to a team friendly deal. If we want to upgrade at RT from Anthony Davis, we have Boone who's proven to be capable at LT when Staley's been injured. Again, I like the player, but I just don't see the fit.

Imagine the jumbo package that Harbaugh could do with this though Very Happy .

49ers Finest wrote:
I like your mocks. We do need a tackle. Not necessarily to upgrade ad but because we have 2 tackles on our team. You can count Boone but he's our starting guard.
I agree we need a tackle and I like the player but it's too early there. But we told you the same thing about h smith last year hahah.

I'm a fan of Steve Williams too. He's going to be in my next mock. Nfln screwed his 40 time badly. It's updated on draft scout now. He ran a 4.36 and tested well in everything. I think with a year he would step up as our nickel. Idk if he returns though?

Good mock.

Thanks man. And yeah Harrison would be nice to have right now with Dashon leaving as predicted, but even worse people wanting an upgrade over Whitner as well now.

And I like Steve Williams confidence in himself and the chip he has on his shoulder. Same with Jamar Taylor. It appears we are having the Honey Badger in for visit now though

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

EverythingSF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple right Very Happy

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:

Hell yea you did I salute you draft god

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:

Hell yea you did I salute you draft god

....but thanks either way Wink

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: