Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Secondary help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Secondary help Reply with quote

I understand that this offseason has been the start of getting Ryan Tannehill more weapons which is very needed. Great pieces were added in Wallace, Keller, and ehhhh Brandon Gibson (which we never really needed, don't even know why we went after him.) My question is where is any type of help for our secondary? I guess it all starts with the return of Chris Clemons. He is a good compliment and good tackler with Reshad Jones, but this guy isn't a ballhawk safety to go up and get the ball. I guess his 1 yr contract will prove his will. Then there was our free agent Sean Smith, i can understand him wanting to get paid other ways. I liked him but Smith was very inconsistent and would get beat from some of his WR counterparts, plus when did Smith come up with any interceptions. But i mean this free agency has really drained down since it has popped off. There are still some quality CB's out there who we should definitely go after. Brent Grimes comes to mind I Know hes coming off ACL injury but he was rated the second best rated CB before getting hurt. Another alternate is Antoine Winfield, only scare is his age. I know that this year draft is loaded with CB help, but could we put this on a rookie joining a week secondary. Xavier Rhodes or Desmond Trufant would be a good compliment out there, but our secondary is very bleak. I don't understand this organization not looking into the secondary, but there is the draft, but we still have glamoring needs to the offensive line as well so draft doesn't all save it. Just look at our secondary that we have now... Richard Marshall is a #2 corner at best and his play before injury was ehhhh. I seen him play teams last year and he was called for def pass interference multiple times. Dimitri Patterson was very intriguing but he's a nickel cornerback at best. Nolan Carroll don't get me started, he alone lost the Buffalo game in Buffalo last year, i must have seen back-to back-to back pass interference calls on him straight mind boggling. O yea and theres RJ Stanford thats all i have to say about him. I forgot how many yards Brady put up on us when he set the record but i wouldn't be surprised we played him next year and he threw for 650 yards.. But all in all the dolphins SHOULD be a very good team and I'm hoping for playoffs. Go PHINS, PHINS UP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Marshall play was mehhh because he was playing hurt he is more then respectable if healthy word is he feeling good only miami and Marshall truly know at this point.

Patterson is a guy they like and wanted to sign him before the browns did the year before. He is a natual slot CB

Word is we are still the front runners for Grimes time will tell

Its almost a certain we draft a CB within our first 4 picks

I may be in the minority but if Marshall is healthy and all the others above fall true this position I am not worried about one bit. Thats just me though
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more pressing need is OT. Ireland will draft a couple CBs between rounds 2 and 4 and we may sign a vet.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Miami needs OT and CB but it would be nice to take Tavon Austin.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

Hoping and praying. Legitly praying. lol

I love tavon. Our Offense would be really fun to watch with him, wallace and miller stretching the field.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

If all 3 of the "big 3" OTs are gone at 12, which they will be, I'm starting to lean this way as well. It would be really nice to see a player wearing a Fins uniform that could take a bubble screen to the house.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

If all 3 of the "big 3" OTs are gone at 12, which they will be, I'm starting to lean this way as well. It would be really nice to see a player wearing a Fins uniform that could take a bubble screen to the house.

Who's going to block for that screen? John Jerry? Garner? Martin? We have one lineman earning an "A" for his play. Incognito gets a B- but everybody else is failing.

The signing of Louis will upgrade the RG spot if he gets healthy quickly enough, but we don't have a starting caliber RT. We should either trade up for a LT and slide Martin back, or trade down and draft Cooper and in the second round draft a RT from the second tier of OTs.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Who's going to block for that screen? John Jerry? Garner? Martin? We have one lineman earning an "A" for his play. Incognito gets a B- but everybody else is failing.

The signing of Louis will upgrade the RG spot if he gets healthy quickly enough, but we don't have a starting caliber RT. We should either trade up for a LT and slide Martin back, or trade down and draft Cooper and in the second round draft a RT from the second tier of OTs.

Blockers!!! Blockers!!! Tavon don't need no stinkin' Blockers!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

i would fall in love with the austin pick he is actually my pick at 12....but with the bs signing of brandon gibson i dont see how we draft austin at 12... would be very dynamic player that the dolphins need and i want... but brandon gibson ruined it all..... all this o line help isnt needed that much i know that jonathan martin will b able to hold down the blind side and louis should take care of right guard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think brandon Gibson signing has anything to do if we draft Tavon or not. If we drafted Tavon its the end for bess
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I dont think brandon Gibson signing has anything to do if we draft Tavon or not. If we drafted Tavon its the end for bess

I agree. I think he can play any receiver position. He wont be just designated to slot.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyer beware with Grimes.
My best buddy & rabid Atl fan says that before his injury he would look good in one series & give up 6 the next.

Riverboat Gambler
sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Buyer beware with Grimes.
My best buddy & rabid Atl fan says that before his injury he would look good in one series & give up 6 the next.

Riverboat Gambler
sug
He is a ball hawk so I am sure he will give up some catches but with that said he was RANKED 2 in the NFL by PFF in 011 for pass coverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: