Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are one month away gentelmen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Steelers pick.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
I like Vaccaro but with Mingo and Ansah available I'd prefer them.

definitely ansah over vacarro, i like vacarro but pass-rush is our biggest need
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
One month away and you still have a terrible falcons pick Smile Skrill you gotta pick your game up bro before it gets here Wink

Trying to understand how taking a backup player on a position we have solid talent 3 deep at is better than taking player we literally need starters at this year not next year.

Jessie Williams NT would be a much better pick as 3-4 NT is much harder position to gill with good talent plus their are a ton more TE's available in every draft and FA than a 3-4 NT.

Just because you don't like the pick does not make it a terrible pick. Considering where you guys are picking, Eifert is fantastic value here. And it's not all that far-fetched to think that teams draft players knowing that they will be replacing a key part of the team within a year.

See there is your mistake. Your still thinking about a position that will need to be replaced next year. We are talking about drafting players that are needed right now this year because we have no one starting quality to play those positions.

Plus Eifert is ok value there wouldn't call it great still don't think him or Ertz are that impressive to be considered 1st round Te's. Now Austin next year is a 1st round quality TE.

Let me show you the falcons defensive depth chart right now and the players at each position.

LDE Kroy Biermann Jonathan Massaquoi
DT Jonathan Babineaux Travian Robertson
DT Corey Peters Peria Jerry
RDE Cliff Matthews
OLB Sean Weatherspoon Robert James
MLB Akeem Dent
OLB Stephen Nicholas
RCB Robert McClain
LCB Asante Samuel Dominique Franks
SS William Moore
FS Thomas DeCoud Charles Mitchell

DE - 3 DE on the entire roster and all 3 were 5th round plus players. Biermann is the only one with starting experience and he is probably depth on most teams.

DT - Decent depth here although we have to have a 3-4 NT come in this year from the FA or Draft none of those guys can do it and we run 3-4 fronts to often not to have a true 3-4 NT Nolan even said he wants to do more of them this offseason.

LB - We need a legit OLB/ILB to come in here and help this group badly as well. seeing as we only have 4 lb's on the entire team and only 1 starter quality in Spoon.

FS - Were solid here nothing real big needed Pro bowl starter and solid depth we drafted.

SS - We could use a depth pick later although we are known to get a vet SS backup every year in FA for cheap. Maybe Chris Hope comes back.

CB - We have 3 CB on the entire team. 2 are talented thats a 33+ yr old assante and a 1st year breakout guy in mcclain but we could probably use 1 or 2 to come in and fight for a starting spot.

After seeing that i don't see how anyone could think TE is more of a position thats needed in the 1st round over DE, CB, LB, or 3-4 NT.

Also it's not just me that dislikes the pick pretty much every falcon fan on this site is calling a TE in the 1st round a terrible pick in every mock we see one in. If by some crazy chance Dimitroff does take a TE in the 1st round then we would have still taken a terrible pick in real life by going offense on a stacked offensive team with very little defensive talent anywhere on our team right now.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Lions Pick.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
One month away and you still have a terrible falcons pick Smile Skrill you gotta pick your game up bro before it gets here Wink

Trying to understand how taking a backup player on a position we have solid talent 3 deep at is better than taking player we literally need starters at this year not next year.

Jessie Williams NT would be a much better pick as 3-4 NT is much harder position to gill with good talent plus their are a ton more TE's available in every draft and FA than a 3-4 NT.

Just because you don't like the pick does not make it a terrible pick. Considering where you guys are picking, Eifert is fantastic value here. And it's not all that far-fetched to think that teams draft players knowing that they will be replacing a key part of the team within a year.

See there is your mistake. Your still thinking about a position that will need to be replaced next year. We are talking about drafting players that are needed right now this year because we have no one starting quality to play those positions.

Plus Eifert is ok value there wouldn't call it great still don't think him or Ertz are that impressive to be considered 1st round Te's. Now Austin next year is a 1st round quality TE.

Let me show you the falcons defensive depth chart right now and the players at each position.

LDE Kroy Biermann Jonathan Massaquoi
DT Jonathan Babineaux Travian Robertson
DT Corey Peters Peria Jerry
RDE Cliff Matthews
OLB Sean Weatherspoon Robert James
MLB Akeem Dent
OLB Stephen Nicholas
RCB Robert McClain
LCB Asante Samuel Dominique Franks
SS William Moore
FS Thomas DeCoud Charles Mitchell

DE - 3 DE on the entire roster and all 3 were 5th round plus players. Biermann is the only one with starting experience and he is probably depth on most teams.

DT - Decent depth here although we have to have a 3-4 NT come in this year from the FA or Draft none of those guys can do it and we run 3-4 fronts to often not to have a true 3-4 NT Nolan even said he wants to do more of them this offseason.

LB - We need a legit OLB/ILB to come in here and help this group badly as well. seeing as we only have 4 lb's on the entire team and only 1 starter quality in Spoon.

FS - Were solid here nothing real big needed Pro bowl starter and solid depth we drafted.

SS - We could use a depth pick later although we are known to get a vet SS backup every year in FA for cheap. Maybe Chris Hope comes back.

CB - We have 3 CB on the entire team. 2 are talented thats a 33+ yr old assante and a 1st year breakout guy in mcclain but we could probably use 1 or 2 to come in and fight for a starting spot.

After seeing that i don't see how anyone could think TE is more of a position thats needed in the 1st round over DE, CB, LB, or 3-4 NT.

Also it's not just me that dislikes the pick pretty much every falcon fan on this site is calling a TE in the 1st round a terrible pick in every mock we see one in. If by some crazy chance Dimitroff does take a TE in the 1st round then we would have still taken a terrible pick in real life by going offense on a stacked offensive team with very little defensive talent anywhere on our team right now.

Drafting value over need is never a mistake and I'm not gonna be convinced otherwise. The defensive ends and linebackers on the board at 30 are not nearly as good as the tight ends and not worth the pick. You go with the better player no matter what. That's how good teams draft. If you want to make a case for a nose tackle then I will listen to that but I think Eifert is real good and worth the pick. Defensive ends can be had in round 2 or traded up for. Reaching is the worst thing a team can do on draft day.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gentlemen." Wink
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so i see your doing the draft based on how you would draft not how the actual GM's of each team has drafted in real life. My mistake for thinking it was the other way around in your draft.

So the Eifert pick is the guy you would personally take in that position based on who you like best that then i can understand although i for sure don't agree with it because we see Eifert's value completly different as im not that big on him or Ertz as 1st rounders.

Dimitroff is actually a needs based drafter always has been always will be and it has gotten him 2 GM of the year awards so far for it. But other GM's do go the BPA no matter what way and has had it worked out as well.

Dimitroff has a very certain drafting style. He takes clean cut guys with no off field issues that are usually leaders on their team somewhat. Thats the style he likes anyways. Then he takes the BPA usually at the top 2 or 3 biggest positions of need. Which for us would be DE, CB, and either 3-4 NT or OLB. TE would come in behind probably a RG and maybe a 2nd CB as the 5th or 6th biggest need in the draft this year.

As far as me making a case for 3-4 NT im pretty sure i can do that actually. Smith and Nolan already ran a fair bit of 3-4 fronts last year as we are a hybrid defense and has said they want to do even more of that this year with people hinting we might go to it as our base defense. We sorta got gashed at times because of the lack of a true NT too hold the line and allow our lb's to make plays. Nolan's background and specialty is more of a 3-4 Guru and we got tons of 4-3 DT's and some solid TE pieces on the team right now but no true 3-4 NT on the team at all. One would for sure help our run defense which was atrocious last year in the 3-4 or the 4-3 if he was in.

The best 3-4 NT there imo and better talent in general than Eifert would be Jessie Williams as he could play almost any DT position i think.

Plus a true 3-4 NT is much harder to get one than a TE is even more so a good one with that kind of talent. Alor more rare than a TE where you can get really talented ones even in this draft in the 3rd 4th and even 5th round like Escobar, Kelce, Reed, Fauria, Mcdonald etc... or even Austin in the 1st next year who is much better than Eifert and Ertz are as talent.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
How would Lacy be better than Eifert or Jesse Williams? Matt Elam would also be WAY better.

Because you guys have no running game, great depth at tight end, and a stud nose tackle. Plus Lacy is BPA which is Thompson's philosophy. Matt Elam would be a huge reach here. He is not a first round prospect.

Lacy is very far from BPA. He's rated as a first round prospect simply because he was the best of a crap bunch at RB. Also, Ted takes BVA. Lacy doesn't have much value since running backs are not indicative to success in this league. There is a reason we haven't had a great running game since Ted came into town; he sees no value in having a great one.

Aside form Finley, who has been inconsistent and is entering his walk year, we have no tight ends worth putting on the field. Eifert would be perfect.

Williams would likely play LDE in our system while backing up Raji and also spelling him in our 2 lineman nickel package, the package that has gassed Raji by the end of many games. With Pickett entering the last year of his deal, and the fact that we like to replace players before they go, Williams would be a great pick.

JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with a DLineman but I would prefer to see a DE/LEO like Dion Jordan as the pick.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Steelers pick

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Titans pick.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to Geno!

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: