Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Have we "won" or "lost" in free agency?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, all the M. Wallaces & Ellerbes "wont add up to a hill o beans" if we do not solidify/improve our Oline.

The jury is still out

sug

Last edited by SUG on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not call Miami winners because the offensive line did not get better. I actually think the LB signings are washes. My biggest shock was the signing of Gibson. They could have used that money to sign Winston or Grimes.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I would not call Miami winners because the offensive line did not get better. I actually think the LB signings are washes. My biggest shock was the signing of Gibson. They could have used that money to sign Winston or Grimes.

They still have money for both....

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We became a much improved team. Whether or not it will damage us in the long run remains to be seen- if we end up in salary cap hell two years down the road, it may have been a mistake. But for now, there is little question that the team fielded next year will be a more dynamic and talented team than the one fielded this year.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards JCool in that I see a ton of dynamic playmaking talent on paper.

I am however certain that we are lacking 2 new quality Olinemen for those investments to have an opportunity.
And as much as I like the FA talent we've acquired I would have preferred to see a quality Olinemen before gutting our LBs.

And as much as I like Tannehill he needs to demonstrate that he can improve in his critical Sophomore yr.

just a thought
sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards JCool in that I see a ton of dynamic playmaking talent on paper.

I am however certain that we are lacking 2 new quality Olinemen for those investments to have an opportunity.
And as much as I like the FA talent we've acquired I would have preferred to see a quality Olinemen before gutting our LBs.

And as much as I like Tannehill he needs to demonstrate that he can improve in his critical Sophomore yr.

just a thought
sug

Gutting LB's....as far as money ....it is a wash (actually saves the team money)...and Dansby still hasn't been licked up and isn't even rated in the top 20 FA still available...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

just a thought
sug

Gutting LB's....as far as money ....it is a wash (actually saves the team money)...and Dansby still hasn't been licked up and isn't even rated in the top 20 FA still available...

Oh I agree this was more of a financial move down the road.
My point is that for after the Wallace deal I would have been content to land the best available Olinemen vs. Keller, Ellerbe, Gibson etc ...

We acquired a lotta "flash, we still lack meat n potatoes" at key positions.
Mainly LT then OG.

sug

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

just a thought
sug

Oh I agree this was more of a financial move down the road.
My point is that for after the Wallace deal I would have been content to land the best available Olinemen vs. Keller, Ellerbe, Gibson etc ...

We acquired a lotta "flash, we still lack meat n potatoes" at key positions.
Mainly LT then OG.

sug

sug

Retained the entire Starting D line, retained all 5 of the 6 starting o-line from last season (which includes a pro-bowl guard and arguably the best center in the NFL) (if you count Gardner for the last 4 games)...they up-graded G and there is still the Draft to address Tackle...I think the meat and Potato aspect of the team will be fine...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:

just a thought
sug

It does. I believe it saves around 5mil next year. Also this is Solia (8mil), Keller (4.5mil), Patterson (5.4mil) and Bess(3.5mil) are a FA's after this season. That's about 26.4mil which is enough to cover Wallace cap hit next year and add a few young guys to replace those veterans. So I dont get the hate of some of those reporters about Ireland backloading the new contracts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: