Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post FA Mock 2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Post FA Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

This is what I think will actually happen in the draft. It may not be the exact players or even in this order, but I feel the staff's approach will be very similar based on how things are shaping up.

1st Rnd: (OG) Chance Warmack/Jonathan Cooper Alabama/UNC
I know a lot of you are griping about not wanting to take a Guard at #10, but lets be realistic here. The more I think about it, the more we should. No its not the sexy pick that everybody wants, but its the most sensible pick for us to make. We want our offense to move using a strong running game as the drive engine. We need CJ and the RB corps to get back to elite status in order to help Jake Locker. We already made an excellent move by snagging Levitre off the FA market. Right now, theres nobody on this roster whos good enough to fill the other spot and make this line the force it could become. Amano is old and coming off an injury, and everybody else are nothing more than good depth players at best. We need to finish solidifying that horrendous interior O-line of ours by securing a right guard with one of these premier players. CJ is our star and Locker is our future, so like it or not, we need to take care of them first and foremost. Personally, I prefer Warmack, but Im cool with either as long as we get one of them.

2nd Rnd: (CB) Jamar Taylor Boise State
This guy seems to be flying under the radar. I havent seen his name thrown around too much or at all, but hes a physical player with good instincts. He can play man and zone coverage, as well as run support. Hes an outside CB with decent size and speed who could very well challenge for the #2 spot, moving Verner to the Nickel where we need him.

3rd Rnd: (SS) Shawn Williams Georgia
With Markelle Martin being listed as a FS on our roster as a backup to Griffin and possible replacement, I figured wed take a SS here. Williams would be a great understudy to veterans like Pollard and Wilson. Hes got the size and toughness that Gray (and Williams) looks for in a Safety and is a good open-field tackler. With Pollard signed to only a 1 year deal, well need to start grooming his replacement now, and Williams fits the mold.

3rd Rnd: (WR) Ryan Swope Texas A&M
If by some chance we can snag this guy this late, I predict that it would be the steal of the draft and an early Christmas gift for Locker. Swope would become Jakes new BFF in the pros because hes the kind of receiver that would help his QB out of a lot of trouble more times than not. Hes built strong like a RB, has great hands, excellent route running, great awareness, and creates mismatches. He could work wonders for us out of the slot in our short passing game. Hes very shifty and plays a lot faster than he looks. I dont see Nate sticking around, and Mariani could be on the bubble with Reynaud returning to resume his return duties. Forget about signing Brandon Stokley or Kevin Walter and draft this kid. Thats why I moved him up to the 3rd round.

4th Rnd: (ILB) Kevin Reddick UNC
He will provide the young depth we can start grooming in case McCarthy keeps having injury issues. At the moment, I like Zac Diles being the veteran backup, but I dont see him as a long term replacement. This would be a good spot for Reddick to learn and eventually compete.

5th Rnd: (DE) William Gholston Michigan State
He should provide excellent depth for Morgan and Wimbley. Hes got the size to maul blockers and athleticism and quickness to play in space. He should be another late steal for us. Hell still be a work-in-progress, but his potential is through the roof.

6th Rnd: (RB) Knile Davis Arkansas
If by some fluke hes still there this late, he would be a great pickup for us. Hes got the size (60, 227 lbs.), the speed (4.37), and hands to be a weapon. Hes a gamechanger waiting to happen. If hes off the board, then Zac Stacey would be the next option here.

7th Rnd: (OLB) Eric Martin Nebraska
Adds some needed depth behind the OLBs and DEs and a solid ST player. Hes very physical and tackles with a nasty attitude. He also has experience at both left and right DE and can dominate 1-on-1 situations. His leadership, tenacity, team-first mentality and versatility would make him a nice little project for the coaches to utilize in the 3-4 or Ruby formation.

7th Rnd: (WR) Jasper Collins Mount Union
He could be a sleeper in our receiving corps to push one of the depth players. Smooth route-runner who shows very good foot quickness and burst out of his breaks to keep the defender off-balance. Does a nice job of setting up his patterns with excellent conviction and patience. Can lure cornerbacks toward him on stop-and-go routes before bursting downfield. Displays good hands and could serve as a punt returner. His main knock is his size for an NFL receiver.

Catitan33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the jasper Collins pick. He is a friend of mine and I can say his work ethic is unbelievable. He doesn't drink or smoke and his only focus is football. He's dedicated in the weight room and it's shown. He works closely with Pierre Garon and Cecil Shorts... He's going to make an impact. He reminds me of victor Cruz, but I'm not saying he will be as good as Cruz. He's gonna be a great addition somewhere and hopefully it's Nashville

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catitan33 wrote:
I love the jasper Collins pick. He is a friend of mine and I can say his work ethic is unbelievable. He doesn't drink or smoke and his only focus is football. He's dedicated in the weight room and it's shown. He works closely with Pierre Garon and Cecil Shorts... He's going to make an impact. He reminds me of victor Cruz, but I'm not saying he will be as good as Cruz. He's gonna be a great addition somewhere and hopefully it's Nashville

So in other words, he has a strong work ethic and no character issues...not even any common bad habits. Sounds a lot like me, except for the work ethic part. Smile
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid draft. I'm not a fan of taking an OG that high but with the way the draft worked out, it works. Love the Reddick pick and if Gholston can get his head on right, he'd be a top 15 DE.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Very solid draft. I'm not a fan of taking an OG that high but with the way the draft worked out, it works. Love the Reddick pick and if Gholston can get his head on right, he'd be a top 15 DE.

The one thing I don't like about this mock is I didn't see us taking a DT at all. I just get a strong feeling that the coaches really expect Sammie Hill to create enough impact along with Casey to collapse the middle. In the meantime, they want to try to toughen up our secondary with guys who can hit and tackle in the open field, as well as cover.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

The one thing I don't like about this mock is I didn't see us taking a DT at all. I just get a strong feeling that the coaches really expect Sammie Hill to create enough impact along with Casey to collapse the middle. In the meantime, they want to try to toughen up our secondary with guys who can hit and tackle in the open field, as well as cover.

Umm...you made it. Confused

Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Umm...you made it. Confused

Laughing

Yes yes, I'm quite aware of that my friend. But this mock is based on the direction that I believe the staff will more than likely go and not so much about what I personally would do. That's not to say that I would be upset at this at all. The only personal influence that I'm adding in this mock are some of the player choices. But the coaches and GM could completely fool all of us and blindside us with another pick completely out of left field.
Roger Goodell: "With the 10th pick of the 2013 draft, the Tennessee Titans select Eddie Lacy, RB - Alabama". Imagine the reaction to that announcement.

Catitan33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Catitan33 wrote:

So in other words, he has a strong work ethic and no character issues...not even any common bad habits. Sounds a lot like me, except for the work ethic part. Smile

hahahah he will not get in trouble where ever he ends up. First there last to leave type guy. He can play with the big boys without a doubt. He is from a really really small highschool in upstate NY and was a tremendous basketball player. He was always playing on AAU teams and focused on basketball in off season. That is probably why he did not end up going to a D1 school.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with the first pick. I just can't see them going OG in the first. But if we do Cooper should be the pick.

The rest of the draft is good. I love reddick from UNC
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I don't agree with the first pick. I just can't see them going OG in the first. But if we do Cooper should be the pick.

LOL...I got to give it to you KT, you are definitely sticking to your guns on that. But believe me when I tell you, I do understand exactly how you feel about it. I really really really do. There are several potential impact players in this draft, and we're in a position to get one of them. It would be a damn shame to bypass this rare chance to draft a possible gamechanger (offense or defense) for a safe practical pick like an interior lineman, especially when there would/should still be top quality linemen available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Believe me, I totally understand your point. And trust me, if we don't take Warmack or Cooper in the 1st, I won't be sitting in a corner, crying in my pillow about it. But I do hope we make a damn good choice with that first pick (defense of course).

But in my case, for the last 2 years I've watched our interior O-line put on a beyond pathetic display that they called "run blocking", and eventually starting letting our QBs get pummeled by any defender with a pulse. We saw our RBs slamming into the back of their supposed blockers, who already got bulldozed into the backfield, as soon as they got the handoff. The O-line was getting b-tchslapped and manhandled like blocking dummies. That's the reason I'm thinking so practical here. That area has got to get fixed without a doubt, and I don't want us to make a half-assed effort trying to do so. In spite of what many may think, a top OG could make a big impact in the game for us in his own right. Imagine having a damn near unstoppable running game. The new O-line and Shonn Greene bruising and punishing defenders and CJ slicing and dicing them with his speed. Jake Locker having more time to find his receivers without getting a beatdown. If we we're going to get an OG in the draft to pair with Levitre, then I want one of the "A+" guys, not one of the "B" and "C" level players. I will say this, Larry Warford in the 2nd (assuming he's still there) is the absolute lowest I want to go to find our right OG. I figure he's probably an "A-" to "B+" level guard.

DannyWallace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

LOL...I got to give it to you KT, you are definitely sticking to your guns on that. But believe me when I tell you, I do understand exactly how you feel about it. I really really really do. There are several potential impact players in this draft, and we're in a position to get one of them. It would be a damn shame to bypass this rare chance to draft a possible gamechanger (offense or defense) for a safe practical pick like an interior lineman, especially when there would/should still be top quality linemen available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Believe me, I totally understand your point. And trust me, if we don't take Warmack or Cooper in the 1st, I won't be sitting in a corner, crying in my pillow about it. But I do hope we make a damn good choice with that first pick (defense of course).

But in my case, for the last 2 years I've watched our interior O-line put on a beyond pathetic display that they called "run blocking", and eventually starting letting our QBs get pummeled by any defender with a pulse. We saw our RBs slamming into the back of their supposed blockers, who already got bulldozed into the backfield, as soon as they got the handoff. The O-line was getting b-tchslapped and manhandled like blocking dummies. That's the reason I'm thinking so practical here. That area has got to get fixed without a doubt, and I don't want us to make a half-assed effort trying to do so. In spite of what many may think, a top OG could make a big impact in the game for us in his own right. Imagine having a damn near unstoppable running game. The new O-line and Shonn Greene bruising and punishing defenders and CJ slicing and dicing them with his speed. Jake Locker having more time to find his receivers without getting a beatdown. If we we're going to get an OG in the draft to pair with Levitre, then I want one of the "A+" guys, not one of the "B" and "C" level players. I will say this, Larry Warford in the 2nd (assuming he's still there) is the absolute lowest I want to go to find our right OG. I figure he's probably an "A-" to "B+" level guard.

I hear what you're saying Dionysus, but I'd love to hear your opinion on Larry Warford? I'd assume you must not be that high on him if you think it's this important to grab an OG in the first round. Warmack has undeniable ability as a mauler and a run blocker, the best in this class by far and Cooper shows excellent feet and strong technique but IMO, Warford is incredibly well-rounded and would be someone we could plug in day one and he would excel and possibly grow into an All-Pro caliber guard at the next level. He's essentially a four year starter, from a run-first offense at Kentucky which is similar to what we'll be running (dedication to the run, quick passing game from shotgun), no character concerns and it gives us the 10th pick to beef up the defense or add another play-maker and weapon for Locker.

Personally, I love Warford and would prefer to address the defense or add Tavon Austin in the first round. His combination of skills seems to mesh perfectly with what we want to do and the areas I see as a concern (a little tall at the line of scrimmage, doesn't bend at knees or show elite hip movement) can be coached up by two HOF lineman.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say we pass and Warmack, Cooper, and Warford are off the board when it's our turn to pick again.. Then we just have a so-so OL this year?

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Say we pass and Warmack, Cooper, and Warford are off the board when it's our turn to pick again.. Then we just have a so-so OL this year?

I wouldn't consider an O-Lineman of Roos - Levitre - Velasco/Turner - Turner/Velasco/rookie - Stewart so-so. If we miss on those 3, there's plenty of other OG's we can get. Fluker, Long, Winters, Pugh, etc.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:

I hear what you're saying Dionysus, but I'd love to hear your opinion on Larry Warford? I'd assume you must not be that high on him if you think it's this important to grab an OG in the first round. Warmack has undeniable ability as a mauler and a run blocker, the best in this class by far and Cooper shows excellent feet and strong technique but IMO, Warford is incredibly well-rounded and would be someone we could plug in day one and he would excel and possibly grow into an All-Pro caliber guard at the next level. He's essentially a four year starter, from a run-first offense at Kentucky which is similar to what we'll be running (dedication to the run, quick passing game from shotgun), no character concerns and it gives us the 10th pick to beef up the defense or add another play-maker and weapon for Locker.

Personally, I love Warford and would prefer to address the defense or add Tavon Austin in the first round. His combination of skills seems to mesh perfectly with what we want to do and the areas I see as a concern (a little tall at the line of scrimmage, doesn't bend at knees or show elite hip movement) can be coached up by two HOF lineman.

In spite of how it sounds, I'm not dissing Warford at all. I'm just higher on Cooper and Warmack because they're the top two OGs in the draft, and I've just been hell-bent on us getting one of them. After Warmack and Cooper, you really don't hear a lot of discussions from the critics about any of the other OGs in the draft, let alone them being 1st round talent. As for Larry Warford, I only know about him through word of mouth on the message board and different scouting reports. Unlike the other two, I didn't get to see any of his games or have too much exposure to him. Other than him being a little heavy, I haven't heard anything bad about him at all...on or off the field. As it stands, I can only go by the word of those who've followed his career, and I like what I've heard so far. I just don't want us to take this need for granted and chance dropping below Warford in the 2nd only to end up getting the same level of talent that we already have on the roster, thinking we can turn sh-t into Shinola. Our problem would still remain in that case.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't like taking a OG in the top 10. There will be a ton of value left in the 2nd/3rd round, imo.
Look at DeCastro last year, he was suppose to be the best OG coming out of college in a decade and he fell all the way to #24.
Kendall Wright - 14 catches 121 yards, TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: