Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why not Chance Warmack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Why not Chance Warmack? Reply with quote

I haven't really seen anyone mention this name as a potential pick and I don't get why. He looks like the full package at guard, and while it may be a bit early for most analysts, if we've got a Steve Hutchinson-esque player on our hands, he's worth it.

Plus, we have a need there as Jerry isn't exactly great, and while Incognito may have gone to the Pro Bowl, all of us know that he wasn't nearly consistent enough to warrant that.

So while I get the Lane Johnson and Milliner picks if they fall, why would we reach on Rhodes or another incomplete prospect when we can shore up OG for years to come?
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thinking is that CB is a larger need than G (simply because CB is a more important position). Having said that, I would not be upset if Chance Warmack was the pick... he's a great talent and Guard is another need for us.

Nacho Simulation Football League
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guard has been discussed quite a bit for the 12th pick, but the general consensus is Cooper out of UNC would be a much better fit for the ZBS (though I think Warmack would be a fit in and blocking scheme) as his lateral movement is much better, he is very good on screens and pulling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not Chance Warmack? Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
I haven't really seen anyone mention this name as a potential pick and I don't get why. He looks like the full package at guard, and while it may be a bit early for most analysts, if we've got a Steve Hutchinson-esque player on our hands, he's worth it.

Plus, we have a need there as Jerry isn't exactly great, and while Incognito may have gone to the Pro Bowl, all of us know that he wasn't nearly consistent enough to warrant that.

So while I get the Lane Johnson and Milliner picks if they fall, why would we reach on Rhodes or another incomplete prospect when we can shore up OG for years to come?

My guess is because if we are going for an interior O-lineman, Jonathan Cooper makes more sense, scheme-wise.

Edit: Er...what Monk said.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say what he said and what the other other guy agreed to about Jonathan Cooper and if Barrett Jones is around when we pick in round 2 take him too. As far as who is more important position wise I'll go with guard over cornerback for the reasoning that this is a throwing league now and I'd rather have Tannehill get all the time to throw than worry about Mark "Dirty" Sanchez completing a pass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I just don't see the athleticism or footwork/speed.
I see a slightly better version of Ritchie Incognito at the NFL level.
Better suited for a power running GM.

I don't want him at #12.

sug

Last edited by SUG on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you throw away the scheme fit you can make the case cooper is a better prospect. With that said cooper does fit the zone scheme fit to a tee and his ability to pull trap and get out Infront in the screen game is very good. I am very hopeful we can become a very good screen throwing team. You can't go wrong Warmack he is a beat your man up type player and isn't a slouch athlete either but isn't cooper. Cooper also offers versatility he can play center as well and should something happen to pouncey you slide cooper over and he takes over the line that versatility is why I have him slightly higher.
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad were talking about this one. Theres a lot of questions I see going in.

For starters:

1. Does he fit the scheme? Jake Long ultimately was allowed to walk because of this.

2. Will he be there? Some experts consider him the best prospect in the draft and hes considered to be a super elite talent as a pass blocker.

3. We spent a lot of money adding weapons, so adding some line talent is essential. However, are we alright with taking an offensive lineman fiirst for the third time since 2008?

FF Member #67
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:

For starters:

1. Does he fit the scheme? Jake Long ultimately was allowed to walk because of this.

2. Will he be there? Some experts consider him the best prospect in the draft and hes considered to be a super elite talent as a pass blocker.

3. We spent a lot of money adding weapons, so adding some line talent is essential. However, are we alright with taking an offensive lineman fiirst for the third time since 2008?

I mean, doesn't Alabama zone block as well?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Deets wrote:

For starters:

I mean, doesn't Alabama zone block as well?

Not really they use a man blocking scheme with an inside Zone....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This zone blocking & WC Off has really got us aficionados thinking differently.
I dont believe weve ever seen that in Mia, diferent animal.
sug
Totore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't he not a good fit for a ZBS?
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totore wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't he not a good fit for a ZBS?

The kid appears to have legit talent, no question.
And yes some of us here have pointed out better OLinemen options for the prototypical West Coast style.

I just see a big hulking bruiser of a kid in Womack, I don't see a dynamic athlete pulling & blocking up the right or left side hashmarks for 30 yds launching LBs into the sidelines for 4 qtrs.

just my opinion
sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: