Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mock draft 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marnz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: mock draft 1.0 Reply with quote

first let me give my thoughts on the albert trade

just after we franchised albert they were reports that we were tring to reach a long term deal with albert and im sure the FO were trying even before then .

However, now we are reportedly tying to trade him. The reason is obvious he is demanding too much money more than the chiefs FO feels like he is worth. Getting a rookie LT with rookie pay scale and the promising stephenson as RT would be much much cheaper allowing upgrades for many years in other positions while keeping the o line strong. However if a deal with albert is eventually reached you wouldnt hear me complain he is a solid LT. I dont see a trade happening however lions are an option but i dont think they have the cap space i see miami or eagles as viable options but i think in the end he stays a chief for 2013 at least

Round 1: LUKE JOECKEL LT

A long term deal with albert before the draft seems unlikely and he may be on his way to FA next year. Instead the orginization hoping and praying we get a long term deal with him we draft joeckel. "Worst" case scenario we sign albert long term and have 2 solid tackles. Otherwise he can move to LT while stephenson starts at RT next year

joeckel has a very high floor easily the most polished T who defensive linemen voted as the best T in college football. Had a spectacular pro day with sporano easily one of best OL coaches in country. When asked what was his weakness he said he gives pressure on the inside occasionally and he been working with coaches trying to fix it according to mayock. I think he can come in and be a pro bowl LT and is a future all pro T. He is an elite pass protector which reid will love

Round 3 A: David Amerson CB/S

What? we just dunta and sean smith in FA. Well david amerson will be drafted as our FS. Amerson doesn't have the top end speed to be a CB which led him to be beat deep. However his speed for a S is perfect. Once considered a top 5 pick he has dropped after a poor season. Amerson hands down has the best ball skills in the draft he has ed reed like ball skills and has great hands as showed bu hos 13 int season in 2011. If any rookie has a chance to lead the league in INT i would bet on amerson if he plays as a S. Having our new trio at CB and berry and amerson as S we have a dangerous secondary.

round 3 B: Nico Johnson ILB

He is a solid LB from Alabama. He struggles in coverage but may be the best in this years draft as a run stuffer. A solid pickup which should help our run D even more. He has more experiance that Alonso and Bostic( both who may have more upside than johnson). However johnson has been much more consistent in his college career in a better confrence.

eound 4: Brandon Jenkins OLB

a would be potential 1st rounder if he didnt get injured early this season. He wont be a starter but is a rotational player to come in on passing downs. a potential great pass rusher in 2010 he had 13,5 sacks and 21.5 TFL which was his first year starting. In 2011 he saw more double teams and finished with 8 sacks. He is not a one trick pony and has multiple moves. I think he will be the steal of the draft.

Round 5: Joseph Fauria TE

at 6 feet 7 inches he comes in as a red zone threat. He is raw in terms of blocking but is a ready reciever. Potential matchup nightmare. Although he does need to put on weight he is too big for CB and too fast for LBs.

round 6 A: Braden Hansen C

a solid C who dropped due to a groin injury and didnt participate in senior bowl east west shrine or combine. Howeer he has good size and is a solid bacjup capable of starting

Round 6 B: Rex Burkhead RB

recieved all big 10 honors in 2011 season but injured for most of 2012 season. He is a solid power back who had 1300 yards and 15 TD in 2011. can be a potential starter and his injury wasnt serious rather he had a mild ligament sprained came back and only to have another injury. He will be a solid goalline short yardage back

round 7: Kyle Juszcyk FB

a possible starter for FB this season. He played TE and a bit of WR for Harvard however was asked to play FB in senior bowl and excelled in that role. He is a FB who is a solid blocker but also catch the ball and make some plays as he led the team in receptions while having 700 yard sand 8 TDs
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely something different. Not a big fan though. Nico Johnson is probably my favorite pick.

BTW if it hasn't been said before, Welcome to the best place to talk Chiefs football. We're glad to have you.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Flexx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your mock. However, IMO, I would hope the Chiefs take a WR or 2. In Reid's pretty much pass first O, this team will need all it can get. If there at 3, I would take Bailey or Swope over Amerson. I think pure Ss can be found later in draft. Lester, Wolfe, Swearinger and S. Thomas, just to name a few.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like this mock. I would only hope that we trade back from number 1 and pick up a second round pick. With that number 2 i would pick up a wide receiver. After trading back, I would grab fischer in the first round. If Albert is traded for a number 2, I would pick another tackle with that pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: