Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
birdman70


Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 667
Location: Brunswick,GA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
To answer your tittle question, yes. Only one team wins the Super Bowl; there is more than one good NFL team. Simple as that.

Exactly. Well said.
_________________
"If you think weakness can be turned into a strength. I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." Jack Handey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 8531
Location: U of O
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman70 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
To answer your tittle question, yes. Only one team wins the Super Bowl; there is more than one good NFL team. Simple as that.

Exactly. Well said.
Thanks, except for the fact that I spelled title wrong. Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falconidaeTATF


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Ryan entering his 6th season and in prime

Falcons tasted playoff success last season

Tony G is back one more season

Falcons upgraded running back .

Osi is set to sign with Falcons to take for cut of Abe


Is there any excuse why this team shouldnt be in Super Bowl next season with a full draft picks and revamped running game. Nolan to help mold some of his players and choose some in draft?

Outside Ryan injury there should be no excuse why this team doesnt make it to Super Bowl unless they are just not good enough


Maybe this?

Swift924 wrote:
We really hurt our depth with the cuts of Abe and Dunta. The cut of Dunta we all seen coming but Abe getting released was kind of a shocker. By making those moves it hurt our depth. This team is going to be thin in some positions . Real thin

Lot can change still early in free agency and draft but as of now

DB depth ???
Projected starters Asante and McClain

were most likely drafting a corner early but Owens is still a free agent out there. Were most likely going to need him back for slot and depth unless we bring in a veteran corner and slide McClain back to slot


LB depth
Projected starters Nicholas, Dent, Spoon

we could even use a upgrade from Dent but we also lack some veteran depth at this position. God for bid Spoon gets hurt who would we have to fill in



defensive line is so atrocious.Basically one serviceable starter in Babs and rest are rotational guys at best
Biermann
Massaquoi
Matthews

Babs
Jerry


still need to bring back Walker..Just saw we lost him to Raiders



Dimitroff needs to have draft of his life this year to fill voids. This team could soon be heading in wrong direction Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falconidaeTATF


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or this:

Do you consider Matt Ryan a choke artist?



Where you insist Ryan is a choke artist.

So, aside from the fact the D sucks and Ryan is a choke artist [according to you] no, no reason the Falcons shouldn't win it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falconidaeTATF wrote:
or this:

Do you consider Matt Ryan a choke artist?



Where you insist Ryan is a choke artist.

So, aside from the fact the D sucks and Ryan is a choke artist [according to you] no, no reason the Falcons shouldn't win it all.


if Matt Ryan is elite as many make him out to be he can overcome this and hope defense can come around in playoffs. Unless Ryan has to win a Super Bowl with the defense not giving up more then 10ppg in playoffs and Ryan doesnt have to play his best ball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falconidaeTATF


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
falconidaeTATF wrote:
or this:

Do you consider Matt Ryan a choke artist?



Where you insist Ryan is a choke artist.

So, aside from the fact the D sucks and Ryan is a choke artist [according to you] no, no reason the Falcons shouldn't win it all.


if Matt Ryan is elite as many make him out to be he can overcome this and hope defense can come around in playoffs. Unless Ryan has to win a Super Bowl with the defense not giving up more then 10ppg in playoffs and Ryan doesnt have to play his best ball


Really, who says Ryan is elite? not the Folks on TATF, recent poll there showed 80% thought of him as 5-9. Recent thread here has him 6-8 in the majority opinion. Think 5-9 is pretty realistic, and not elite.

So, the overwhelming majority of folks both on this site and the Falcons home board think Ryan is good but not elite.


And you think he's a choke artist, I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you.

Ryan has had 2 chances for a fourth quarter comeback in the playoffs, and managed 1. If he had managed the second one, he'd be tied for ninth all time in playoff 4th quarter drives with 2. When 2 of something puts you in the top ten of that stat, it doesn't happen much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willthethrill_H


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 641
Location: Birmingham, AL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falconidaeTATF wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
falconidaeTATF wrote:
or this:

Do you consider Matt Ryan a choke artist?



Where you insist Ryan is a choke artist.

So, aside from the fact the D sucks and Ryan is a choke artist [according to you] no, no reason the Falcons shouldn't win it all.


if Matt Ryan is elite as many make him out to be he can overcome this and hope defense can come around in playoffs. Unless Ryan has to win a Super Bowl with the defense not giving up more then 10ppg in playoffs and Ryan doesnt have to play his best ball


Really, who says Ryan is elite? not the Folks on TATF, recent poll there showed 80% thought of him as 5-9. Recent thread here has him 6-8 in the majority opinion. Think 5-9 is pretty realistic, and not elite.

So, the overwhelming majority of folks both on this site and the Falcons home board think Ryan is good but not elite.


And you think he's a choke artist, I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you.

Ryan has had 2 chances for a fourth quarter comeback in the playoffs, and managed 1. If he had managed the second one, he'd be tied for ninth all time in playoff 4th quarter drives with 2. When 2 of something puts you in the top ten of that stat, it doesn't happen much.


BAM /thread
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clark87


Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:


Falcons upgraded running back .



We all know the o-line can pass block with the best of them but can they run block? Their is a difference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falconidaeTATF wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
falconidaeTATF wrote:
or this:

Do you consider Matt Ryan a choke artist?



Where you insist Ryan is a choke artist.

So, aside from the fact the D sucks and Ryan is a choke artist [according to you] no, no reason the Falcons shouldn't win it all.


if Matt Ryan is elite as many make him out to be he can overcome this and hope defense can come around in playoffs. Unless Ryan has to win a Super Bowl with the defense not giving up more then 10ppg in playoffs and Ryan doesnt have to play his best ball


Really, who says Ryan is elite? not the Folks on TATF, recent poll there showed 80% thought of him as 5-9. Recent thread here has him 6-8 in the majority opinion. Think 5-9 is pretty realistic, and not elite.

So, the overwhelming majority of folks both on this site and the Falcons home board think Ryan is good but not elite.


And you think he's a choke artist, I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you.

Ryan has had 2 chances for a fourth quarter comeback in the playoffs, and managed 1. If he had managed the second one, he'd be tied for ninth all time in playoff 4th quarter drives with 2. When 2 of something puts you in the top ten of that stat, it doesn't happen much.



Mark Sanchez has 2 GWD so you are saying he is top 10 in GWD for playoff QB and that means something ? Just cause Ryan could have had a GWD he didn't be choked. Just like he has choked in other playoff games as well. I can play with numbers as well like Tim Tebow has as many GWD as Ryan does . Does that mean anything
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falconidaeTATF


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:


Mark Sanchez has 2 GWD so you are saying he is top 10 in GWD for playoff QB and that means something ? Just cause Ryan could have had a GWD he didn't be choked. Just like he has choked in other playoff games as well. I can play with numbers as well like Tim Tebow has as many GWD as Ryan does . Does that mean anything

Doesn't change my point- not a lot of 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs.


Love how you never answer the questions. Who says Ryan is elite? You can find a few individuals who say that, overwhelming majority of people say Ryan is 5-10.


Here's several REASONS that Falcons may not win the Super Bowl next year.

Injuries- every team is 2-3 injuries from being mediocre.

Aaron Rodgers & Drew Brees- two QBs that ARE considered elite by everyone, play in the same conference/division and can win any given game.

Seattle & SF are really really good teams- they're better than Atlanta right now, maybe better in the postseason next year.

If Eli, Tony and Jay get Olines, they can be really dangerous as well.

Haven't even gotten to the AFC yet- lots of really great teams over there as well.


All those things are out of Atlanta's control and could affect their season.

You simultaneously want to call Ryan a choker, TD an idiot, the D a mess AND complain about the Falcons not winning the Super Bowl.

So, when you did those connect-the-dots puzzles as a kid, you never got a picture did you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 10507
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an outsiders view, the ONLY excuse I can think of is if they lose the 49ers again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group