Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovetitans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper are both there for us to take at number 10 who would you rather have and why?

I would rather have Cooper because he moves better and with him and lavetire able to get to the second level and pull to either side of the line we would have so much versatility with the running game and screen game. and I dont buy into the whole Warmack is the best since Hutch stuff everyone is saying. Cooper to me is just as good.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovetitans wrote:
If both Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper are both there for us to take at number 10 who would you rather have and why?

I would rather have Cooper because he moves better and with him and lavetire able to get to the second level and pull to either side of the line we would have so much versatility with the running game and screen game. and I dont buy into the whole Warmack is the best since Hutch stuff everyone is saying. Cooper to me is just as good.

Chance. He's the better player. Cooper is the more finesse OG which most feel fits our scheme but I think Warmack fits it just as good. Warmack is athletic enough and obviously strong enough to to play in our system. Honestly though, the only way I'd want a OG at 10 is if Star, Richardson, Floyd, Milliner, and Ansah are all off the board which is doubtful.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovetitans wrote:

Cooper.

He moves so much better and is just as big and maybe stronger.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovetitans wrote:

I'd rather have neither. They are fine players, but a guard at 10 just seems like a waste and with our FA signings it really isn't necessary. I don't see the FO taking a G until the third round and wouldn't be surprised if it was later. I see us targeting a pass rusher or CB with #10.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: In addition to Vandy's Rodgers, Stacy, and Lohr, UT's Ben Bartholemew (MBA) and Zach Rogers (Lipscomb) also made a predraft visit to #Titans”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Kentucky DE Collins Ukwu, who went to LaVergne, also counted as a local predraft visitor for #Titans.”

TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Might as well take advantage and bring in the local guys. Smart move.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UNC G Jonathan Cooper is drawing "heavy interest" from the Titans and Cowboys, according to USA Today's Tony Pauline.
These two teams have been linked to interior offensive linemen throughout the process. Cooper is an interesting evaluation, since buzz is building that teams are looking at the left guard to possibly move to center. Even though we prefer Chance Warmack as an all-around blocker, don't be surprised if Cooper is the first interior prospect selected due to his ability to move in space.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
UNC G Jonathan Cooper is drawing "heavy interest" from the Titans and Cowboys, according to USA Today's Tony Pauline.
These two teams have been linked to interior offensive linemen throughout the process. Cooper is an interesting evaluation, since buzz is building that teams are looking at the left guard to possibly move to center. Even though we prefer Chance Warmack as an all-around blocker, don't be surprised if Cooper is the first interior prospect selected due to his ability to move in space.

If it happens and we have to get an OG, I want Cooper.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm this looks like it has a greater chance of happening.

Could someone give a detailed breakdown of the two and compare the different positives they could bring to Tennessee's scheme?

2014 Adopt-A-Titan Zach Mettenberger 7
lovetitans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
lovetitans wrote:

I'd rather have neither. They are fine players, but a guard at 10 just seems like a waste and with our FA signings it really isn't necessary. I don't see the FO taking a G until the third round and wouldn't be surprised if it was later. I see us targeting a pass rusher or CB with #10.

I understand that some people might not think a gaurd has enough impact on the game to be worthy of a top 10 pick. and no way would it be a wast in my eyes. our team is still missing a starter at RG, we are not missing a starter at DE or CB. this is why i would rather have a gaurd at 10, he will come in and start day one and could play at a very high level from the start. drafting a DE with two starters already on the team, he might see 40-60% of the snapes this year. maybe less with Ayers ability to put his hand in the ground. same with CB unless they compleately blow away the staff during pre season they will be the number 3 CB on the team. Verner would still play outside in base defense with McCourty, only moving inside on nickle and dime packages. so i would think a Gaurd playing every down every game would have more impact the a DE or CB playing 40-60% of the plays every game. just my opinion though.

with that being said if both of them are there I would like to trade down and hope one of them falls to us later in the draft.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) worked out for reps from all 32 teams on Wednesday, and the room "burst into applause when he was done."
It would appear the reports of Lattimore's miraculous recovery have not been exaggerated. He's still in a race against time to be ready for Week 1, but has "no doubt" he'll be ready some time in the first half of the season. Lattimore will be one of the more vexing conundrums for teams in April's draft. He's far from a lock to go before day three.

That is awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@ProFootballTalk: S Jonathan Cyprien will visit 11 teams: Falcons, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, Texans.”

Yes Please!!!! Very Happy
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@ProFootballTalk: S Jonathan Cyprien will visit 11 teams: Falcons, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, Texans.”

Yeah..have him learn from Pollard for a season. Better yet, replace Griffin and sign Pollard again. Smile

Dude is rocked up.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Yeah..have him learn from Pollard for a season. Better yet, replace Griffin and sign Pollard again. Smile

Dude is rocked up.

There are so many good safeties this year, and I really hope we draft one of them: Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien, D.J. Swearinger, Phillip Thomas, Eric Reid, T.J. McDonald, Bacarri Rambo, Shamarko Thomas, Shawn Williams, Robert Lester, Tony Jefferson, Josh Evans, and my least favorite Kenny Vaccaro. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a GM Mock Draft on a danish site, and I'm really split upon what to do with my 2nd round pick. I picked Warmack in the first, after all my defensive players were taken and nobody would do a trade. I considered Desmond Trufant as well, but though that would be to big of a reach.

Elam and Cyprien are gone and there is five GM's ahead of me. So who of the following players would you target:
Cornelius Carradine (my own personal favorite)
Justin Hunter
Sylvester Williams
Kawann Short
Johnthan Slay
DJ Swearinger
Quinton Patton

My own idea, would be to trade down and pick up more picks and then hopefully one of these guys would slip to me. But at the same time, Carradine and Sylvester Williams just gives to much value to pass at this time. What's your thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 40 of 62

Jump to: