Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
I honestly think if Palmer doesn't get a chance to start somewhere, he won't play. Doesn't seem interested in being a backup.

I could see him going to a place with a shaky starter. Places like here, New York, Jacksonville, etc.

Nobody's gonna bring him in to be the undisputed starter.

I would say those teams are in need same with buffalo. I would describe TBs QB situation Shaky with Freeman the man is a roller coaster. I think if we gave Palmer a 2 yr deal with a CHANCE to start I'm sure he would take it. Then if Freeman doesn't work out we have someone decent and the next year have Palmer and a rookie battle it out

That would severely damage Freeman's confidence. We either commit to him as the starter and bring in a strict backup or we make it an open competition that he knows going into it. The "well if our qb struggles you can start" card is never a good move because the starter is ALWAYS looking over his shoulder. I'd rather bring in vince young as a strict backup

If Freeman cannot handle competition then he has no business as a starter. Honestly his play has been so inconsistent that competition should want to make him step up his game. Usually it brings the best out of players.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? If Freeman has no one to push him he will make the same mistakes. And you would rather have Vince Young?! Really? When was the last time he played in the NFL maybe we should look at Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russel
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind colt McCoy as a backup if he's cut
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuccaneersFan34 wrote:
I wouldn't mind colt McCoy as a backup if he's cut

No. He provides ZERO competition to Freeman. More suited to a west coast offense.

Honestly, the more I think about it, Bucs should just wait it out til next year. AJ McArron is a guy I'm really starting to like. See a lot of similarities between him and Matt Ryan. And no, he's not just a game manager and really is a different prospect than the likes of Parker Wilson and McElroy were.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt Mccoy blows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Kelly anyone?

He offers good size at 6'5 330 but is more of a pass rushing DT than a run stuffer. Not sure if he is willing to accept the dirty work responsibility on first and 2nd down as the "tilt" tackle but he's an upgrade over Roy Miller on third downs. Could be a decent pick-up in the rotation.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk about Kelly I thought he took too many plays off. I hope that's not a Buccaneer man
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Tommy Kelly anyone?

He offers good size at 6'5 330 but is more of a pass rushing DT than a run stuffer. Not sure if he is willing to accept the dirty work responsibility on first and 2nd down as the "tilt" tackle but he's an upgrade over Roy Miller on third downs. Could be a decent pick-up in the rotation.

Let Gary Gibson be the 2 down run stuffer and have Kelley be in on passing downs next to McCoy.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
I honestly think if Palmer doesn't get a chance to start somewhere, he won't play. Doesn't seem interested in being a backup.

I could see him going to a place with a shaky starter. Places like here, New York, Jacksonville, etc.

Nobody's gonna bring him in to be the undisputed starter.

I would say those teams are in need same with buffalo. I would describe TBs QB situation Shaky with Freeman the man is a roller coaster. I think if we gave Palmer a 2 yr deal with a CHANCE to start I'm sure he would take it. Then if Freeman doesn't work out we have someone decent and the next year have Palmer and a rookie battle it out

That would severely damage Freeman's confidence. We either commit to him as the starter and bring in a strict backup or we make it an open competition that he knows going into it. The "well if our qb struggles you can start" card is never a good move because the starter is ALWAYS looking over his shoulder. I'd rather bring in vince young as a strict backup

If Freeman cannot handle competition then he has no business as a starter. Honestly his play has been so inconsistent that competition should want to make him step up his game. Usually it brings the best out of players.

right...I'll let Mark Sanchez know that immediately Rolling Eyes

Some guys work better with competition..some don't. But this is a qb that's in his last year of forgiveness. I think he understands it's make or break. A smart gm doesn't sign direct competition to disrupt a guy's confidence and bring in a circus when it's clearly an evaluation year. There's no point. Either draft one this year to give him a nudge or wait till next year- a la drew brees and rivers
scottonatable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we did get Carson and Freeman doesn't have the moxie to handle the pressure then he doesn't deserve to be a starter. Qbs are supposed to be LEADERS not someone you have to baby. This league is a show me now league. I'm sick of hearing potential that just gets guys fired. Freeman had how many years as starter with no competion let's see how he does with some. He can't really get any worse
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The Tampa Bay Times' Stephen Holder considers the Bucs a "near certainty" to draft a cornerback at No. 13 overall.
Holder believes Tampa will draft a corner in the first round even if it acquired Darrelle Revis. The Bucs do need two starting corners, so the thoroughly needs-based approach is at least logical. Florida State's Xavier Rhodes is expected to be on the Bucs' radar, assuming he gets by Miami at No. 12.

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
If we did get Carson and Freeman doesn't have the moxie to handle the pressure then he doesn't deserve to be a starter. Qbs are supposed to be LEADERS not someone you have to baby. This league is a show me now league. I'm sick of hearing potential that just gets guys fired. Freeman had how many years as starter with no competion let's see how he does with some. He can't really get any worse

You need to think of it from Dom's perspective- he needs to see growth from the QB he drafted. Usually Gm's don't get TWO chances to swing for a franchise qb in the first round. Signing palmer is admitting he missed mightily on Freeman.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

You need to think of it from Dom's perspective- he needs to see growth from the QB he drafted. Usually Gm's don't get TWO chances to swing for a franchise qb in the first round. Signing palmer is admitting he missed mightily on Freeman.

I think the correct thing to do is have a a back up opyion if freeman starts playing like crap. We had no one to turn to last year. If that happens again Dom is toast.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could be a strong playoff contender this year if we get some corners. I would not want to pass that up because Freeman plays like crap and we didn't get a viable backup because it would hurt Freeman's feelings.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
We could be a strong playoff contender this year if we get some corners. I would not want to pass that up because Freeman plays like crap and we didn't get a viable backup because it would hurt Freeman's feelings.

I'm all for bringing in a quality BACKUP...but I'm completely against having an open qb competition circus and that's all I'm saying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 51 of 56

Jump to: