Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Flynn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Matt Flynn Reply with quote

We are rumored to be one of 3 teams interested in Matt Flynn. I personally believe it is his agent trying to stoke some interest.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's our 6th round pick, I'd be okay with it. He's a decent stop gap still, IMO.

That said if it's any more than that, we got screwed.

T-Jax must be furious right now. Laughing
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take Flynn at a reasonable cost (4th round pick or worse)

Flynn has not yet hit bust status, and has more upside than Fitz had..

I dont see it as a bad idea to take a shot on him (paired with drafting a rookie QB)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bills trade for this guy then they better not give up a more than a 5th or 6th round and this just means the bills aren't sold on the qbs in this class which means the bills shouldn't draft one. Worse thing to happen is bills trade for him then turn around and draft a qb. Even if they are late round picks the bills need answers to a lot of holes which using 3 picks on qbs a dumb move.

Thanks Max
SteveJohnson13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should try to emulate seattle on this one. I think we should go after Flynn, giving up nothing more than a 4th (even that is pushing it a bit). We should still draft a qb with our first or second and let all of them compete in camp. The more options we have the better. I think Flynn is a good qb, Wilson just out shined him with all of the rookie production. If coaches even see a bit of an upside like they did on wilson, they will try to make him reach that ceiling. That mentality got Flynn pushed out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn is a very interesting option. He'll be 28 by the time the season starts which is neither good or bad IMO. Learning behind Rodgers definitely has it perks.

I wouldn't give up any pick in this draft if we could help it. Maybe a 4th next year that is conditional on playing time ect ect. If we do trade for him I would still pick up a QB, to let them all compete. Worked pretty well for Seattle.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not getting back that 7th round pick that we wasted on T-Jax, so no sense including it in the analysis of this decision IMO. It's gone and T-Jax will be after this season as well. And considering people wanted to trade up and burn some high value picks over the next 2 years to hopefully get our franchise QB, I wouldn't worry too much about using a 1st and a 5th this year to get 2 chances at someone to man the position for the future. If we can get Flynn, I say go for it. We're 2 seasons away from being truly competitive anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: