Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Mock Draft March 22nd

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10086
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Bears Mock Draft March 22nd Reply with quote

1[20] LB Arthur Brown [Kansas St] 6' 240lbs.

The Bears have big weaknesses at OG and LB and after Cooper and Warmack are gone the value shifts to LB and Brown is the best in the class. Brown looks like Jon Beason, both in terms of size/speed and ability to find a ball carrier in traffic. Brown has the blend over coverage ability and run support that makes him capable of starting week 1 of the season. Brown also plays with infectious energy and can start the youth movement on defense.



*Trade* The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] [500] to the San Francisco 49ers for 2[61], 3[93] and 4[131] [461] The 49ers have more picks than they can make and the Bears need some youth and depth.

2[61] C Barrett Jones [Alabama] 6'4" 312lbs.

The Bears also need a starter at the OG position and while Jones does not have a ton of potential he has the physical ability and technique to be a day 1 starter. Jones wil start for the Bears for a long time and provide solid play and versatility to the line. If James Brown steps up then Jones can move to OG and if he does not then Jones can stay at LG for a year while Brown develops.



3[93] CB Jamar Taylor [Boise St] 5'11" 195lbs.

The Bears are going to go through a transition at the CB position as well as the LB position in the next few years. Next season Tillman and Jennings are both free agents and will be 33 and 30 respectively. Taylor gives them a high upside rookie that can play the nickle back spot and a player that could potentially start down the road.



4[117] LB Zaviar Gooden [Missouri] 6'1" 236lbs.

More speed and youth to the LB core. Gooden is a converted safety and he has the speed and ability to cover that will allow him to play early. Gooden can start at SLB, but could eventually shift over to the WLB spot when Briggs is done.



4[131] OG Jordan Mills [LA Tech] 6'5" 318lbs.

A big, small college OT that can be converted to OG and provides the size, length and power that Kromer prefers at the position. Mills showed at the Senior Bowl that he has the power to push around top prospects and when the speed and footowrk concerns are removed he could thrive at OG. Mills immediatly starts competing at RG with Gabe Carimi or Louis if he is re-signed.



5. WR Tavarres King [Georgia] 6'1" 200lbs.

The Bears WR core needs speed and while King's best attribute is his ability to fly down the field he showed at the Senior Bowl that he can really make plays all over the field. King adds a developmental speed dimension to the offense.



6. DT Anthony McCloud [Florida St] 6'2" 322lbs.

The Bears need some size at the NT position for when teams try to run at them and in short yardage situations. McCloud is a short squatty fire hydrant that can immediatly come in on heavy situations and provide a litte more bulk.



Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Campbell
RB: Bush, Forte, Allen, Rodriguez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, E. Bennett, King, Anderson, Hester
TE: M. Bennett, Maneri, Adams
LT: Bushrod
LG: Jones/Brown
C: Garza, E. Williams
RG: Carimi/Mills
RT: Webb, Brandon

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton, Collins
NT: Paea, McCloud
LE: Wootton, McBride
SLB: Brown, Gooden, Trahan
MLB: Williams, Costanzo
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Taylor, Bowman, Frey, McManis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blair18


Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure I'd go with a second LB there (in that 1st fourth rounder) with the DJ signing. Not saying it wouldn't still be a good idea to pick up more than one. But maybe we could swap WR at that spot and go with another LB where you have us taking King?
_________________


Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bears54


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 932
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Hmm... Reply with quote

I really like Brandon McGee (CB) out of Miami more than the Boise state corner..

McGee is 5'11 195 pounds, runs a high 4.3 low 4.4 guy.....I could see him playing NB for us in the 3rd round...

Its a toss up for me between Brown and Olgetree...I would take either one if Warmack was off the board....

And I dont like drafting a LB in the 4th round, I would really look for a good Slot WR in the 4th round.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ballennonstop


Joined: 10 Mar 2011
Posts: 119
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
I really like Brandon McGee (CB) out of Miami more than the Boise state corner..

McGee is 5'11 195 pounds, runs a high 4.3 low 4.4 guy.....I could see him playing NB for us in the 3rd round...

Its a toss up for me between Brown and Olgetree...I would take either one if Warmack was off the board....

And I dont like drafting a LB in the 4th round, I would really look for a good Slot WR in the 4th round.....


Agreed. Ace Sanders in the 4th would be a steal. Love everything else in the mock though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearDown85


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Location: Chi-Town
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Jamar Taylor pick. Jones is very versatile and Gooden is an underrated LB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10086
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
not sure I'd go with a second LB there (in that 1st fourth rounder) with the DJ signing. Not saying it wouldn't still be a good idea to pick up more than one. But maybe we could swap WR at that spot and go with another LB where you have us taking King?


I don't think DJ changes who we draft just how quickly they play.

We still need a talent and youth infusion at the LB spot.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8023
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears Mock Draft March 22nd Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1[20] LB Arthur Brown [Kansas St] 6' 240lbs.

The Bears have big weaknesses at OG and LB and after Cooper and Warmack are gone the value shifts to LB and Brown is the best in the class. Brown looks like Jon Beason, both in terms of size/speed and ability to find a ball carrier in traffic. Brown has the blend over coverage ability and run support that makes him capable of starting week 1 of the season. Brown also plays with infectious energy and can start the youth movement on defense.



*Trade* The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] [500] to the San Francisco 49ers for 2[61], 3[93] and 4[131] [461] The 49ers have more picks than they can make and the Bears need some youth and depth.

2[61] C Barrett Jones [Alabama] 6'4" 312lbs.

The Bears also need a starter at the OG position and while Jones does not have a ton of potential he has the physical ability and technique to be a day 1 starter. Jones wil start for the Bears for a long time and provide solid play and versatility to the line. If James Brown steps up then Jones can move to OG and if he does not then Jones can stay at LG for a year while Brown develops.



3[93] CB Jamar Taylor [Boise St] 5'11" 195lbs.

The Bears are going to go through a transition at the CB position as well as the LB position in the next few years. Next season Tillman and Jennings are both free agents and will be 33 and 30 respectively. Taylor gives them a high upside rookie that can play the nickle back spot and a player that could potentially start down the road.



4[117] LB Zaviar Gooden [Missouri] 6'1" 236lbs.

More speed and youth to the LB core. Gooden is a converted safety and he has the speed and ability to cover that will allow him to play early. Gooden can start at SLB, but could eventually shift over to the WLB spot when Briggs is done.



4[131] OG Jordan Mills [LA Tech] 6'5" 318lbs.

A big, small college OT that can be converted to OG and provides the size, length and power that Kromer prefers at the position. Mills showed at the Senior Bowl that he has the power to push around top prospects and when the speed and footowrk concerns are removed he could thrive at OG. Mills immediatly starts competing at RG with Gabe Carimi or Louis if he is re-signed.



5. WR Tavarres King [Georgia] 6'1" 200lbs.

The Bears WR core needs speed and while King's best attribute is his ability to fly down the field he showed at the Senior Bowl that he can really make plays all over the field. King adds a developmental speed dimension to the offense.



6. DT Anthony McCloud [Florida St] 6'2" 322lbs.

The Bears need some size at the NT position for when teams try to run at them and in short yardage situations. McCloud is a short squatty fire hydrant that can immediatly come in on heavy situations and provide a litte more bulk.



Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Campbell
RB: Bush, Forte, Allen, Rodriguez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, E. Bennett, King, Anderson, Hester
TE: M. Bennett, Maneri, Adams
LT: Bushrod
LG: Jones/Brown
C: Garza, E. Williams
RG: Carimi/Mills
RT: Webb, Brandon

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton, Collins
NT: Paea, McCloud
LE: Wootton, McBride
SLB: Brown, Gooden, Trahan
MLB: Williams, Costanzo
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Taylor, Bowman, Frey, McManis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz, Walter
I would love to see this draft fall to the Bears. While 20 might be too high for Brown and 5th too low for King I would not be unhappy with the former and very happy with the latter at those positions.

I don't think we can count on Jones being ready to go at the beginning of the season. It may take him some time to rebuild his strength. But this does not affect my willingness to take him in the second.

Great draft - my dream come true. Which means it will never happen.


Last edited by ChicagoAl on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears draft B Jones? I'm pretty sure you just put ChicagoAl at full mast.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8023
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Bears draft B Jones? I'm pretty sure you just put ChicagoAl at full mast.
I got sprung. But I'm such a greedy bastid that I am thinking all the negativism about him might knock him down a notch. Never satisfied.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8023
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
I really like Brandon McGee (CB) out of Miami more than the Boise state corner..

McGee is 5'11 195 pounds, runs a high 4.3 low 4.4 guy.....I could see him playing NB for us in the 3rd round...

Its a toss up for me between Brown and Olgetree...I would take either one if Warmack was off the board....

And I dont like drafting a LB in the 4th round, I would really look for a good Slot WR in the 4th round.....
PFW does not even have McGee as draftable so that seems iffy. Maybe pick him up as UFA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group