Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Has to be Millner right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

Mathieu the third best CB in the draft and before Rhodes? Truth time.... please tell me you're not Michael Lombardi, because if you are, I'm finding a new team to support right away.

Mathieu reminds me of Brent Grimes. (pro bowl CB)
Rhodes reminds me of Gary Baxter. (overrated quasi safety)

I can do that too...

Mathieu reminds me of Snoop Dog (both are well known for having affinity for the chronic, neither have played any official football in the past year)
Rhodes reminds me Aqib Talib

Give me a little more as to why they remind you of those people... I don't mind the conversation, but I need a little more to go off of.

Rhodes always seems to get injured, even on ordinary plays. He wins as a press guy but past that, he's not as consistent a tackler as he appears, doesn't regularly get off blocks, and will struggle to stay with the quick footed types.
I think Talib is a good comparison too. But I'll argue Talib is not really that great of a CB.

Mathieu consistently tackles bigger then his size. Unparallelled ball skills and quick hands. He'll lose his share of 50/50 balls because of his size but he'll be dangerous because he'll win his share and make a team pay.
If he plays with more discipline as a pro (on and off the field), I see a guy that will be a solid cover guy for a long time.
And I don't think you can underestimate the ability to be a consistent playmaker. Another close comparison, imo, is Antonie Winfield.

I'm also a big fan of Snoop too.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
B41098

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
B41098 wrote:
I like the offseason moves so far but it's amazing to me that we haven't made any significant moves on offense so far. IMO that's what the problem was last year. If we sign grimes, I think we should trade back for or just take tavon Austin or warmack @6. Take your pick IMO both are going to be great players. If we don't get grimes, I would like guard/austin and corner in rounds 1&3. The order doesn't matter. It could be warmack and poyer or milliner and winters. as long as we get 2 starters idc. As long as they get it right it doesn't matter to me.

We still need, roughly in order of priority, a CB, FS, OG and TE.

Not to mention a K, P, KR and PR.

Oh, and of course, a QB! Very Happy
I agree but I feel that next year is when we will take our qb.cb and s are our Biggest needs IMO but unless we draft cb and s in rounds 1 and 3 it's take your pick who will start. Skrine or usama

Last edited by B41098 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

Mathieu the third best CB in the draft and before Rhodes? Truth time.... please tell me you're not Michael Lombardi, because if you are, I'm finding a new team to support right away.

Mathieu reminds me of Brent Grimes. (pro bowl CB)
Rhodes reminds me of Gary Baxter. (overrated quasi safety)

I can do that too...

Mathieu reminds me of Snoop Dog (both are well known for having affinity for the chronic, neither have played any official football in the past year)
Rhodes reminds me Aqib Talib

Give me a little more as to why they remind you of those people... I don't mind the conversation, but I need a little more to go off of.

Rhodes always seems to get injured, even on ordinary plays. He wins as a press guy but past that, he's not as consistent a tackler as he appears, doesn't regularly get off blocks, and will struggle to stay with the quick footed types.
I think Talib is a good comparison too. But I'll argue Talib is not really that great of a CB.

Mathieu consistently tackles bigger then his size. Unparallelled ball skills and quick hands. He'll lose his share of 50/50 balls because of his size but he'll be dangerous because he'll win his share and make a team pay.
If he plays with more discipline as a pro (on and off the field), I see a guy that will be a solid cover guy for a long time.
And I don't think you can underestimate the ability to be a consistent playmaker. Another close comparison, imo, is Antonie Winfield.

I'm also a big fan of Snoop too.

I'll give you that Rhodes has durability concerns, but his knee injury is the only one that would really worry me as lingering and he didn't miss a game this past season despite it. He measures at 6'2" / 210lbs and yet his vertical (40.5") was 5.5" off the record, as well as running a respectable 4.43 in the 40. In regards to his tackling, I'll concede to some extent because of his desire to be overly physical can lead to missed tackling... but that being said, what he lacked in tackling he made up in defense. This past season he had 31 passes defended to Dee Milliner's 22 (given, I believe Rhodes played in 1 more game). I also disagree with the "doesn't regularly get off blocks"... again, I think he played with the physicality he needed to not only handle the blockers he faced, but to get through them to the action.

Mathieu on the other hand, may be climbing up draft boards ever so slightly, but I'm not sold on him at all, especially as being the 3rd best CB in this draft. Given his inability to handle himself off the field, I'm already worried. Then add in his size (which at 5'9" means he basically always has to tackle bigger than his size) and his underwhelming 4.5 forty / 34" vertical I don't get it. I'll give you that in college he flashed really good ball skills and quick hands, but there's no way I'm putting him up against the elite wide receivers in the NFL and assuming he'll produce like a "consistent playmaker" (i.e. Joe Haden).
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

LMAO...I was going to say the SAME thing after reading the thread.....Seeing Arthur Brown rated over Ziggy Ansah, Dee Milliner, Kenny Vaccaro and Tyler Eifert........LMAO!!!!!!! not to mention according to this Arther Brown is the best LB in the entire draft......not to mention according to this list decided the nations sack leader last year is not a top 20 tallent....

I would question, did the person who made this list, actually watch ANY college football last year...or just a bunch of Kansas and WVU highlights....

I'm not calling him the best LB, I am calling him the best ILB prospect in this draft imo. But for the rest of your comment about that list that was posted...you're 100% spot on.. lol

I'm not disrespecting the Big 12 Defensive player of the year....let me ask your opinion on Alec Ogletree, Kevin Minter and (one of my personal favorites, but I wont argue lol) A.J. Klein......you rank him over those guys? (forgot I also like the kid from Oregon....Kiko Alanso...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: