Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordan Cameron the favorite to be the starting TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Jordan Cameron the favorite to be the starting TE Reply with quote

Quote:
The Akron Beacon-Journal reports that the Browns consider Jordan Cameron "the favorite to start" at tight end this season.
This is the first we've seen it worded so strongly. All coach Rob Chudzinski and OC Norv Turner have said publicly is that they "like" Cameron. The Browns signed Kellen Davis and Gary Barnidge in free agency, but they are role-player tight ends. As long as Cleveland doesn't draft a tight end early or sign Fred Davis, 6-foot-5, 245-pound former basketball player Cameron will enter training camp as the starter. His sleeper train has been gaining steam

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258763/cameron-favorite-to-be-browns-starting-te

I really believe Chud can do big things with him.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Jordan Cameron the favorite to be the starting TE Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:
The Akron Beacon-Journal reports that the Browns consider Jordan Cameron "the favorite to start" at tight end this season.
This is the first we've seen it worded so strongly. All coach Rob Chudzinski and OC Norv Turner have said publicly is that they "like" Cameron. The Browns signed Kellen Davis and Gary Barnidge in free agency, but they are role-player tight ends. As long as Cleveland doesn't draft a tight end early or sign Fred Davis, 6-foot-5, 245-pound former basketball player Cameron will enter training camp as the starter. His sleeper train has been gaining steam

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258763/cameron-favorite-to-be-browns-starting-te

I really believe Chud can do big things with him.

Given the depth in the draft at TE, if we pickup a respectable player through those means, I'm not opposed to this at all. Given Chud's specialty is tight-ends if Cameron is destined to produce in the NFL, Chud will bring it out of him, as opposed to the previous regime. I just don't want to be stuck with a glaring hole if Cameron doesnt pan out, and all we have left is a guy who can't catch from the Bears and a random dude from the Panthers.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I hope he makes the best of it then. A lot of people 'round these parts, including myself, have been pimpin the hell out of Cameron. Now he's pretty much getting the starting spot by default so there's no more excuses about limited playing time. Chud has a chub for the tight end position so I bet we'll see a ton of targets going Cameron's way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you boys are right with your feelings on this kid, b/c I don't like him whatsoever. Especially in this system. He couldn't even unseat A.Smith. So I just can't see him playing here for more than this year. I hope I'm wrong, but the Browns might want to draft one of these studs in this draft.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns were in the Jared Cook Jr race....so if they had that much confidence in him, I doubt they would've tried to sign others. I bet the Browns were waiting to see if Jeremichael was going to be a FA. Once they found out...they wanted to build his confidence through the media. Now it looks like "to us" that Cameron was the lead dog. No Bueno.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
I hope you boys are right with your feelings on this kid, b/c I don't like him whatsoever. Especially in this system. He couldn't even unseat A.Smith. So I just can't see him playing here for more than this year. I hope I'm wrong, but the Browns might want to draft one of these studs in this draft.

Are you saying that Cameron couldn't unseat A. Smith at fullback?

I'm not sure why that would be an issue.

I think you might have meant to say that that Cameron couldn't unseat Ben Watson, which still isn't really an issue.

And hey, if Cameron is ever to be a good TE, it will be under someone like Chud, right?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:

I think you might have meant to say that that Cameron couldn't unseat Ben Watson, which still isn't really an issue.

And hey, if Cameron is ever to be a good TE, it will be under someone like Chud, right?

You're right about Smith being fullback, but he was moved there this year since Marecic is a joke. When Smith did play TE part of this year and all of last year.....Cameron couldn't sniff his jockstrap.

I understand that Chuds system is manipulated by great TE play, but you need a good TE to make this happen. He was a project basketball player. He's not Antonio Gates. Gates was a successful project period. Same with Jimmy Graham. 1 year of football. That's why the Browns had Jared Cook, Fred Davis and others come in for interviews. Cameron isn't good. When you can't bring in good talent, you must resort to flattery.

Like I said brother.....I truly hope I'm wrong, but when you're trying to get good TEs for your system day1 of FA.....that's got to mean something. Let alone, interview multiple TEs and bring in 2. You have to resort to flattery in the media so your player feels confident.

Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:

You're right about Smith being fullback, but he was moved there this year since Marecic is a joke. When Smith did play TE part of this year and all of last year.....Cameron couldn't sniff his jockstrap.

I understand that Chuds system is manipulated by great TE play, but you need a good TE to make this happen. He was a project basketball player. He's not Antonio Gates. Gates was a successful project period. Same with Jimmy Graham. 1 year of football. That's why the Browns had Jared Cook, Fred Davis and others come in for interviews. Cameron isn't good. When you can't bring in good talent, you must resort to flattery.

Like I said brother.....I truly hope I'm wrong, but when you're trying to get good TEs for your system day1 of FA.....that's got to mean something. Let alone, interview multiple TEs and bring in 2. You have to resort to flattery in the media so your player feels confident.

I get what you're saying, I just think you have exaggerated this A. Smith vs Cameron thing a little too much.

In 3 years playing for the Browns, Alex Smith (whose role was mainly a blocker) caught 28 passes for 184 yards and 1 TD. Last year Cameron caught 20 passes for 226 yards and a TD. Let's not say that Cameron wasn't clearly a better receiving TE, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't understand why the previous organization had such little confidence in him. I think the skills are there. Can't wait to see him get his shot under Chud

-Jimi Hendrix
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
I didn't understand why the previous organization had such little confidence in him. I think the skills are there. Can't wait to see him get his shot under Chud

The current organization clearly isn't all in either. They tried hard to sign Fred Davis, which would have kept Cameron down the depth chart. It's a good bet, after apparently missing on Davis, that they'll draft a TE with one of the first 3 picks.
Cameron is a "jag", imo. Heading into the season with him as the starter would not be good.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:

The current organization clearly isn't all in either. They tried hard to sign Fred Davis, which would have kept Cameron down the depth chart. It's a good bet, after apparently missing on Davis, that they'll draft a TE with one of the first 3 picks.
Cameron is a "jag", imo. Heading into the season with him as the starter would not be good.

And exactly how hard did they go after Davis? I heard / saw they were interested, but I don't recall reading anything substantiated. Also, of course they're not "all in" on him, it's not like he's Tony Gonzalez... the name of the game is to improve your team. When you have talent like Jared Cook / Fred Davis vs. unproven potential in Jordan Cameron, you'd be an idiot to not do your due diligence and look into what their asking price was. None of that means that after reassessing the layout they haven't decided to try to develop him and utilize his high athleticism.

I agree that there's a good chance they focus on a TE earlier in the draft, but thus far I don't believe they've shown anything that says they don't like things they've seen in him, despite him apparently being a "jag".
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Jordan Cameron the favorite to be the starting TE Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
His sleeper train has been gaining steam.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I know I can.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:

I get what you're saying, I just think you have exaggerated this A. Smith vs Cameron thing a little too much.

In 3 years playing for the Browns, Alex Smith (whose role was mainly a blocker) caught 28 passes for 184 yards and 1 TD. Last year Cameron caught 20 passes for 226 yards and a TD. Let's not say that Cameron wasn't clearly a better receiving TE, ok?

Brother....We will disagree on this for 1 reason....you see what you see as do I. Haha.

I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, and I would gladly eat my words.....but he's had 2 years to bring it. 1st year he couldn't get in the lineup rare site, year 2....he only got handed the backup job because Alex Smith had to move to FB. As of now for Year 3, he will get the job defaulted to him because so far we got 2 FA TEs at his same level.....below average. I truly hope he does well....but I'm not banking on it, and I hope the Browns don't either. Especially in this system. I'd rather pickup K2 for 4 games if we go by stats. K2 with a walker in 4 games would out perform all of our TEs combined for a season in Chuds system. Haha. That's just how I feel brother.

bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:

Brother....We will disagree on this for 1 reason....you see what you see as do I. Haha.

I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, and I would gladly eat my words.....but he's had 2 years to bring it. 1st year he couldn't get in the lineup rare site, year 2....he only got handed the backup job because Alex Smith had to move to FB. As of now for Year 3, he will get the job defaulted to him because so far we got 2 FA TEs at his same level.....below average. I truly hope he does well....but I'm not banking on it, and I hope the Browns don't either. Especially in this system. I'd rather pickup K2 for 4 games if we go by stats. K2 with a walker in 4 games would out perform all of our TEs combined for a season in Chuds system. Haha. That's just how I feel brother.

Hope I am wrong but I think Cameron will prove to be one of Heckert's lesser picks.

Need to draft a TE in 1st or 2nd (with a trade down) or at least the 3rd (with or without a trade down).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: