Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you draft #7?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you draft #7?
QB EJ Manuel, Florida State
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
QB Matt Barkley, Southern California
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
G Chance Warmack, Alabama
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
G Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
DT Sheldon Richardson, Missourri
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
LB Barkevious Mingo, Lousiana State
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
S Kenny Vacarro, Texas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other player, post your choice below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:
khodder wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
I voted Floyd. I vote strictly BPA, regardless of scheme or positional team needs. I think Floyd is clearly the best player left on the board.


Interesting. Fair enough.

Turth is no NFL team picks on pure BPA. Teams that claim they pick BPA will likely jsut be picking the highest rated guy on their board, which they form with need, positional importance, and schematic fit in mind.


I agree, but if the board fell this way, I would think at least someone in the room advocates taking Floyd. He almost certainly gets outvoted in this scenario. But I vote to represent that guy.


But drafting him isnt worthwhile because Dockett, Williams, and Campbell are already proven, productive starters
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Who took Rhodes? I took Jarvis Jones. Ik I'm the minority there but I like him the most out of all those guys.


I wonder who? haha

I was making a different choice, hoping for dicsussions, however seems to have been missed.

Trade back then take him Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5505
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Who took Rhodes? I took Jarvis Jones. Ik I'm the minority there but I like him the most out of all those guys.


I wonder who? haha

I was making a different choice, hoping for dicsussions, however seems to have been missed.

Trade back then take him Smile


Even with trading back why would we take him with Powers and Cason now
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
khodder wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
I voted Floyd. I vote strictly BPA, regardless of scheme or positional team needs. I think Floyd is clearly the best player left on the board.


Interesting. Fair enough.

Turth is no NFL team picks on pure BPA. Teams that claim they pick BPA will likely jsut be picking the highest rated guy on their board, which they form with need, positional importance, and schematic fit in mind.


I agree, but if the board fell this way, I would think at least someone in the room advocates taking Floyd. He almost certainly gets outvoted in this scenario. But I vote to represent that guy.


But drafting him isnt worthwhile because Dockett, Williams, and Campbell are already proven, productive starters


Not to mention the likes of Carter, Talley, Lumpkin, Foster and Rucker are all under contract on the DL. And the fact Bruce Arians is on the record saying he is happy with the DL as is
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
khodder wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
I voted Floyd. I vote strictly BPA, regardless of scheme or positional team needs. I think Floyd is clearly the best player left on the board.


Interesting. Fair enough.

Turth is no NFL team picks on pure BPA. Teams that claim they pick BPA will likely jsut be picking the highest rated guy on their board, which they form with need, positional importance, and schematic fit in mind.


I agree, but if the board fell this way, I would think at least someone in the room advocates taking Floyd. He almost certainly gets outvoted in this scenario. But I vote to represent that guy.


But drafting him isnt worthwhile because Dockett, Williams, and Campbell are already proven, productive starters


Not to mention the likes of Carter, Talley, Lumpkin, Foster and Rucker are all under contract on the DL. And the fact Bruce Arians is on the record saying he is happy with the DL as is


and Shaughnessy. This DL looks really good
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12767
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
MJ said that Cards like Fisher then Warmack


Fify

So yeah if Fisher is gone (which he will be) Warmack is their #2 option. Although Champ heard they like Cooper more...

If it's between Mingo & Ansah I take Mingo 100/100 times. Keke is a football player, Ansah is just a freak.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
MJ said that Cards like Fisher then Warmack


Fify

So yeah if Fisher is gone (which he will be) Warmack is their #2 option. Although Champ heard they like Cooper more...

If it's between Mingo & Ansah I take Mingo 100/100 times. Keke is a football player, Ansah is just a freak.


It may not be a popular opinion but I can certainly understand why they might like Cooper more. He's just a better athlete plain and simple. Also has the potential to be a dominant center as well as a dominant guard.

Either way, if it came down to Warmack, Cooper, or Mingo, we sure as hell better try to trade back at least a couple spots and get one of them there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SmallieBigs


Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
I voted Floyd. I vote strictly BPA, regardless of scheme or positional team needs. I think Floyd is clearly the best player left on the board.


Interesting. Fair enough.

Turth is no NFL team picks on pure BPA. Teams that claim they pick BPA will likely jsut be picking the highest rated guy on their board, which they form with need, positional importance, and schematic fit in mind.


This is a great point that a lot of people skip over when creating big board. Need is a factor in determining your BPA. It's not THE factor, but its certainly A factor.

I picked Warmack in this poll, mostly because I believe he is the BPA, ad also fits a need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group