Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fletcher vs. Riley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Fletcher vs. Riley Reply with quote

Which one of our starting inside linebackers is better in coverage ?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher. Even in his old age he's better than Riley but to be honest Fletch isn't great at coverage anymore either
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher is so much better recognizing plays and picking up coverage and moving laterally. That just comes with experience. Riley will get better but because of Fletcher's experience in the league and being able to diagnose plays, Fletcher is miles ahead of Riley.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I was thinking about how Rob Jackson got paid a lil more then other backups and that he should see time inside with fletcher on passing situations. Also think of the blitz combos with Orakpo, Kerrigan & Jackson something like the nascar but better.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One less linebacker who's better than London fletcher today. (Well at least in some posters eyes, not this guy! ) Darryl Washington got suspended today for the first 4 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Another cheater!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cardinals-lb-daryl-washington-suspended-four-games-violating-220543240--nfl.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher, however, that's based on last year. And I will say that from 2011 to 2012, there was a drop in Fletcher's ability. It would not surprise me if this season, they're equal.

Robinson should be the "coverage" linebacker by mid season on.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Fletcher, however, that's based on last year. And I will say that from 2011 to 2012, there was a drop in Fletcher's ability. It would not surprise me if this season, they're equal.

yeah, Robinson is definitely going to be the coverage LB, he was last year. It helps that he's 6'3, it's hard to throw over him in the middle. He's also athletic, has good hip turn in his drops.

It will be interesting to see how Fletcher does this year if he's healthy. I still attribute his inconsistent play last year to his leg injury.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

yeah, Robinson is definitely going to be the coverage LB, he was last year. It helps that he's 6'3, it's hard to throw over him in the middle. He's also athletic, has good hip turn in his drops.

It will be interesting to see how Fletcher does this year if he's healthy. I still attribute his inconsistent play last year to his leg injury.

Fletcher also had those dizzy spells that were never diagnosed.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

yeah and that does make me worry that they could be concussion related or something. This very well could be his last year and if it is, I hope he and the team go out with a bang just like Ray Lewis did last year.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

yeah and that does make me worry that they could be concussion related or something. This very well could be his last year and if it is, I hope he and the team go out with a bang just like Ray Lewis did last year.

It was not concussion related, it was balance issues, which was probably due to a lot of things. ear infections, dehydration, and what not can effect your equilibrium. I mean, I have balance issue every day, but that is cause of a neurological issue. His have since subsided.

He should be back with no issues.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one would sure like it to be Riley given his superior athleticism(at this point, obviously when Fletcher was younger he was the fastest Linebacker in football), but he's never shown any great coverage ability. Fletcher isn't what he used to be in coverage either, but so long as the weird "balance issue" that creeped up a few games last year doesn't come back, he's better than Riley in coverage until the latter shows some kind of big improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: