Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predictions of free agent pickups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Predictions of free agent pickups Reply with quote

The cupboard still has some decent players;

Here is my wishlist;

Brian Leonard- 3rd runninback

Ovie Mughelli FB

Wide Receiver-one of these

Darrius Heywood Bey
Domenic Hixson
Ramses Barden
Mohammed Massequoi

Kevin Boothe or Lance Louis G

Victor Butler or James Anderson LB

Tracey Porter CB

Quinten Mickell or Kerry Rhodes S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wish list is

OG Brandon Moore or Kevin Boothe
WR Domenick Hixon or Ramses Barden
SS Quinton Mikell
LB Karlos Dansby
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wish list:

Hixon, Moore, and Butler.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see us get Fred Davis. He's not an elite guy, but him with Chandler would be a nice combo for whoever our QB is next season (still feel they'll take Nassib).

Next guy would be Heyward-Bey from the Raiders. Just to have that elite speed down the sideline will be threatening to other teams and they'd have to account for it.

One more CB to compete with McKelvin for that starting job. If that's Tracy Porter, that's fine with me.

Brandon Moore- Played for Marrone, and I think he will end up signing here on a cheaper 1-2 yr. deal.

QB, WR, ILB, S will then be addressed in the draft.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would kind of like getting a slot guy like Early Doucet/Devery Henderson/Austin Collie and try and draft a #2 WR in the 2nd round thought Henderson, my third choice out of the group could definitely stretch the field

LB Karlos Dansby Would provide a solid core for our ILB in a 3-4 lineup, a cheap signing having him play 2 downs and at least give guys like Bradham or Shep someone to emulate.

EDIT:

Once Carson Palmer gets released, I really like him on a 1 or 2 year deal while we let our rookie catch up and learn the system.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BillSabre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we shouldn't pick up anybody. Build through the draft. We will save money and gel as a team. We aren't even playoff contenders at the moment. If we become an actual team that competes week in and out, then we can decide to add players.

Max and anybody else, please explain why in the world you would even entertain the thought of bringing Austin Collie in? Unless he's willing to sign as an actual "free" agent and play per diem, I'll pass.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
I think we shouldn't pick up anybody. Build through the draft. We will save money and gel as a team. We aren't even playoff contenders at the moment. If we become an actual team that competes week in and out, then we can decide to add players.

Max and anybody else, please explain why in the world you would even entertain the thought of bringing Austin Collie in? Unless he's willing to sign as an actual "free" agent and play per diem, I'll pass.

mostly because we got rid of Donald Jones and David Nelson and have done nothing to replace them. I am not saying pay them tons of money to come here, I am just saying he could be a legit option as a #3, kind of like when we kicked the tires on WR Buster Davis to see if he had any left.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:

mostly because we got rid of Donald Jones and David Nelson and have done nothing to replace them. I am not saying pay them tons of money to come here, I am just saying he could be a legit option as a #3, kind of like when we kicked the tires on WR Buster Davis to see if he had any left.

Add to the fact that any guy left on the market are not going to get a huge deal. I see a lot of 1 or 2 years deals where if they hit great if not they are playing for their next deal. There is still some value out there and if you are comfortable playing Marcus Easley or a rookie WR in the top 4 slots with a rookie QB just scares me some.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind bringing in Michael Huff to play SS I know he is a FS but he is a natural SS. He could compete with searcy and play back up to Byrd when he needs a breather or if injury occurs having searcy huff and byrd for safeties could be a solid rotation. I also like the idea of fred davis if he is healthy he could come in an upgrade the TE position and if the bills decide to keep chandler they could have 2 te sets. Another person is DHB I think him being opposite to stevie could be beneficial because defenses will have to respect the deep ball and give opportunities to Stevie.

Thanks Max
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:

Add to the fact that any guy left on the market are not going to get a huge deal. I see a lot of 1 or 2 years deals where if they hit great if not they are playing for their next deal. There is still some value out there and if you are comfortable playing Marcus Easley or a rookie WR in the top 4 slots with a rookie QB just scares me some.

We can sign some scrub receivers to fill roster spots, sure. Yes, I would rather a quarterback build with receivers that may stick around over ones we pretty much know won't. If you look back, I simply don't get wanting to look at Collie. The man isn't built for the NFL. He had a nice little run with Manning but that run is done and over. It's not that I hate the guy or something but he can't stay healthy.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: