Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Cowboys looking at FA safeties: Michael Huff & Will Allen visiting. Also, LSU's Eric Reid will visit Cowboys too.

I think Reid is a great possibility for us in the 2nd. Broaddus has said that they really like the player.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SetonHallCowboy wrote:
[and that Hatcher will be best served as a rotational player, as he should be.

What? Hatcher's been Dallas' best defensive tackle for two seasons now. He has no business being demoted.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:
Cowboys looking at FA safeties: Michael Huff & Will Allen visiting. Also, LSU's Eric Reid will visit Cowboys too.

I think Reid is a great possibility for us in the 2nd. Broaddus has said that they really like the player.

I'm a big fan of Eric Reid. I wouldn't complain if we drafted him in the 2nd round.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

I'm a big fan of Eric Reid. I wouldn't complain if we drafted him in the 2nd round.

Just Curious. Of all the people I didn't expect you to like him after the kind of mediocre season he had this year.

and you seem to be a big fan of him how come?

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
SetonHallCowboy wrote:
[and that Hatcher will be best served as a rotational player, as he should be.

What? Hatcher's been Dallas' best defensive tackle for two seasons now. He has no business being demoted.

He was ranked the NFL's 5th Best 3-4 DE.

Jason Garrett wrote:
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fishsports: Move onto Huff. No Ronde for #Cowboys ;@evansilva: Barber said he won't play for team other than #Bucs. Ht @CBS11BillJones

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

I concur. I think he grades out far better than a guy like Taylor Mays did a could years back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CowboysTilIDie"]
Quote:

Another thought just came to my head. Jg prob was not impressed by Vaccaro and his workout. Prob decided to bring in Reid to compare.

Jason Garrett wrote:
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="canadaluvsdalla"]
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

Another thought just came to my head. Jg prob was not impressed by Vaccaro and his workout. Prob decided to bring in Reid to compare.

I think the more likely scenario is that they are just doing their due diligence. Maybe he loved Vacarro but what if he is gone before 18? Gotta have their ducks in a row.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

Just Curious. Of all the people I didn't expect you to like him after the kind of mediocre season he had this year.

and you seem to be a big fan of him how come?

He had a down year because of the substantial losses to LSU's defense more-so than a decline in his particular play. LSU lost both starting CBs and its starting SS from the 2011 team, and lost a number of players in the front 7 as well. This, coupled with a change in scheme on defense, led to a drop-off in his numbers, but he's still an outstanding prospect. I think he'd be one of the larger steals of the draft if we took him in the 2nd round. The fact is, there aren't very many Safety prospects out there - and even fewer FSs - who can take over a game and change an entire defensive backfield, so adding him into the mix of our current collection of guys would improve everyone's play, in my opinion.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

I concur. I think he grades out far better than a guy like Taylor Mays did a could years back.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Mays is a guy who had great speed and hit hard, but had nothing else to offer. Reid is not that kind of player.

Northland wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Mays is a guy who had great speed and hit hard, but had nothing else to offer. Reid is not that kind of player.

Which is why I don't expect him to last that long. In a normal draft, he definitely wouldn't. Hopefully the depth at safety pushes him down the board.

Anybody know how his relationship with Claiborne is? If they are good friends, it could only help his chances of success in Dallas.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:

Which is why I don't expect him to last that long. In a normal draft, he definitely wouldn't. Hopefully the depth at safety pushes him down the board.

Anybody know how his relationship with Claiborne is? If they are good friends, it could only help his chances of success in Dallas.

I'll ask my wife. She's an LSU nut.

Northland wrote:
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@calexmendez: Kenny Vaccaro on LHN says he's all-purpose like Charles Woodson. Says UT used him corner, nickel, safety and was comfortable at every spot.

@calexmendez: Vacccaro says he likes coverage. Developed an appreciation for it after coming in as 'a big hitter' because it led to sacks for Okafor..

@calvinwatkins: Kenny Vaccaro said he'll have a private meeting with Jerry Jones in April.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@calexmendez: Kenny Vaccaro on LHN says he's all-purpose like Charles Woodson. Says UT used him corner, nickel, safety and was comfortable at every spot.

@calexmendez: Vacccaro says he likes coverage. Developed an appreciation for it after coming in as 'a big hitter' because it led to sacks for Okafor..

@calvinwatkins: Kenny Vaccaro said he'll have a private meeting with Jerry Jones in April.

Kenny Vaccaro is no Charles Woodson. Woodson was a vastly superior college player in every aspect of the game.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 38 of 81

Jump to: