Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mongo's Mock v1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hate the Bengals pick. Might prefer Ogletree or Mingo there though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'd take Geno Smith

Yeah, but not at that cost. I don't think he's two seconds better than the next prospect, and that's not even accounting for the fact that he very well could have fallen all the way to 8, making those traded picks a complete waste.
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I understand the reasoning for the Hankins selection but I would prefer a pass rusher like Mingo or Moore if they go defense in the first.

I can appreciate that. I struggled with PITís selection as this may be their most important draft in several years. When I originally drafted this, Elvis Dumervil was in play. I really thought PIT would make a stronger push for him.
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'd take Geno Smith

Yeah, but not at that cost. I don't think he's two seconds better than the next prospect, and that's not even accounting for the fact that he very well could have fallen all the way to 8, making those traded picks a complete waste.

Genoís star is on the rise. He wonít slip until R1.08. Buddy Nix wants a FQBOF. Iím betting one similar to (and hopefully much better than) Tarvarris Jackson. He wonít get Geno staying at 8. I was doubtful at first, but with all of the interest in Geno being shown by JAX and PHI (smokescreen or not), if you want Geno Smith you have to move up to #1.

And the cost? R1.08, R2 and a 2014R2 is way, way, undervalued by the fabled draft chart. Rightfully so. Geno is not the prospect RG3 was. He cost 3 R1 and an R3, I believe.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Minter is a terrible pick at #28 for the Broncos, given the players thats left

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Don't hate the Bengals pick. Might prefer Ogletree or Mingo there though

I really struggled with CIN. I didn't see a true BPAN for them. Too early for an RB.

I probably should have ran with a trade down to NE, since I can see them really wanting Austin to do some of the "Wes Welker stuff", even with Amendola. I didn't trade because CIN already has OAK's R2. In retrospect, Iím sure Mike Brown wouldnít pass on an opportunity to save money though. Wink

I think Burflict is going to be the MLB with Mauluaga as backup. I guess Mingo makes sense. CIN seems to like 34 types at strongside LB. I believe I had them taking Trevardo Williams in R2 or R3 if its any consolation.

Thanks for the feedback.
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Kevin Minter is a terrible pick at #28 for the Broncos, given the players thats left

Your preference?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mongo's Mock v1 Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:

26 GB Barrett Jones C
Jones is a bit of a reach.

And you could have just stopped right there. We wont reach for players. Plain and simple. Jones is not a 1st round guy. Just a really poor value.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Genoís star is on the rise. He wonít slip until R1.08. Buddy Nix wants a FQBOF. Iím betting one similar to (and hopefully much better than) Tarvarris Jackson. He wonít get Geno staying at 8. I was doubtful at first, but with all of the interest in Geno being shown by JAX and PHI (smokescreen or not), if you want Geno Smith you have to move up to #1.

I personally think the odds are against him falling all the way to 8, but I think there's a lot of smokescreens going up to try to drum up trade value. Between the odds he falls all the way, and the odds you could have got him cheaper with a smaller trade up, and you're looking at a very good chance that the Bills would be throwing away picks for nothing.

Quote:
And the cost? R1.08, R2 and a 2014R2 is way, way, undervalued by the fabled draft chart. Rightfully so. Geno is not the prospect RG3 was. He cost 3 R1 and an R3, I believe.

First off, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that with or without Geno, the Bills will be picking even earlier in 2014 than they are in 2013. The Bills have a lot of holes, and as much as we need a QB, we can't afford to trade away two high picks for a QB, who as you admit is not the prospect Luck/RGIII were.

I do think he's the best QB, but he's not a tier above the next couple of QB prospects. So in my opinion, even assuming Geno doesn't fall:

BPA at 8 + best QB in the second > Best QB at 8 + BPA in the 2nd > Geno

And that's even before factoring in the 2014 2nd. Yeah, it's a big discount on the trade value chart, but that doesn't matter if it's not the best scenario for the team.
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mongo's Mock v1 Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

26 GB Barrett Jones C

And you could have just stopped right there. We wont reach for players. Plain and simple. Jones is not a 1st round guy. Just a really poor value.

I can accept your criticism, but please suggest an alternative.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mongo's Mock v1 Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

26 GB Barrett Jones C

I can accept your criticism, but please suggest an alternative.
Eifert, Jesse Williams, Kawaan Short, Matt Elam a quite a few players would be better there.
bookend57

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers take the BPA in the 1st round. Barrett Jones is not that. Tyler Eifert or Damontre Moore would be much better picks.

^gopherwrestler^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: