Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign former Jets, Chiefs DL Ropati Pitoitua
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're planning on using him mostly at DE then wouldn't DT still be an option at 10? I'm starting to feel that they might just go BPA that are ready to play from DAY 1.

Munch and crew don't have much time to take "developmental" players. They need to win this season and if my job was on the line I wouldn't be picking someone that's going to take a year or two to fully develop.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
If they're planning on using him mostly at DE then wouldn't DT still be an option at 10? I'm starting to feel that they might just go BPA that are ready to play from DAY 1.

Munch and crew don't have much time to take "developmental" players. They need to win this season and if my job was on the line I wouldn't be picking someone that's going to take a year or two to fully develop.

No because he'll be playing both DE and DT. We already signed Hill which gives us Casey, Martin, Hill, Klug, Harris, and Clayton. The last 2 are probably PS but still that's 6 DTs with Ropati as a possible 7th. Sadly I think DT is out of the question. Honestly I'd cut Clayton and probably Klug and still draft a DT but that's just my love for this DT class Laughing

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheMonarch1110 wrote:

No because he'll be playing both DE and DT. We already signed Hill which gives us Casey, Martin, Hill, Klug, Harris, and Clayton. The last 2 are probably PS but still that's 6 DTs with Ropati as a possible 7th. Sadly I think DT is out of the question. Honestly I'd cut Clayton and probably Klug and still draft a DT but that's just my love for this DT class Laughing

I wouldnt cut Klug hes our only DT that can sack the QB. Clayton and Harris should be cut

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'8 315?

Jesus christ.

Well, we did say we were adding size to the d-line. Laughing

Possibility to have this line on the field at times:

Pitoitua(6'8 315) - Hill(6'4 330) - Casey(6'1 300) - Morgan(6'4 280)

That'd have to be one of the biggest lines in the league.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/03/25/marks-remains-unsigned-return-to-titans-unlikely/

I'm just wondering about this. Is this because we're done collecting DTs for the offseason, or is it because Marks is not in our future plans and we intend to draft a better prospect?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/03/25/marks-remains-unsigned-return-to-titans-unlikely/

I'm just wondering about this. Is this because we're done collecting DTs for the offseason, or is it because Marks is not in our future plans and we intend to draft a better prospect?

It's because Marks sucks.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

It's because Marks sucks.

Oh, that's why? OK I can live with that. Laughing
Finnerception

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

I don't get why we needed a DT in the first place. Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug, and Mike Martin looked like a helluva DT rotation to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

I don't get why we needed a DT in the first place. Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug, and Mike Martin looked like a helluva DT rotation to me.

We were about the 7th or 8th worse Defense against the run and pass last year. I think our standards need to be raised.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember this guy from when the Jets were on Hard Knocks. He was dominating in preseason and tore his ACL.

Rex was really high on him.
VY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
We're doing a sh-t load of signings, but when are we going to start releasing some people? How much $$$ do we still have to work with?

At this point we don't need to really make and reductions until camps start. Anybody signed to a 1 year deal like this one, is still likely a potential target to not make the final roster. But I imagine for guys who've been around 2-3 years and not produced, this offseason should be a final warning to step up to make it this year. Lot of competition this year for spots.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
We're doing a sh-t load of signings, but when are we going to start releasing some people? How much $$$ do we still have to work with?

At this point we don't need to really make and reductions until camps start. Anybody signed to a 1 year deal like this one, is still likely a potential target to not make the final roster. But I imagine for guys who've been around 2-3 years and not produced, this offseason should be a final warning to step up to make it this year. Lot of competition this year for spots.

Yeah, I don't believe anyone else is going to get cut until after training camp now. Amano, Nate, Hawk, Mariani and guys like that will get a opportunity to state their case one last time. The cap hit is there for Amano & Hawk regardless if they are cut now or in September. Might as well let them come to camp and compete. They need "camp bodies" for OTAs and training camp anyway.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: